Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How will SEC teams fare in Week 1?

Started by moses_007, August 15, 2016, 11:44:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: atekido on August 16, 2016, 07:43:53 pm
LSU won't have any trouble UNLESS a certain RB isn't 100%

If LSU struggles because 4net isn't 100%, then LSU has huge problems in general...which is probably the usual problem of no passing game.  Surely LSU has some really good RB's to help carry the load.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 16, 2016, 07:51:53 pm
If LSU struggles because 4net isn't 100%, then LSU has huge problems in general...which is probably the usual problem of no passing game.  Surely LSU has some really good RB's to help carry the load.

Guice is a stud too.  They won't have any trouble.

Tenner will lose to Appalachian State in the first week.

hobhog

FSU will beat up Ole Miss. Other than Kelly I just don't understand the love for bears. Freeze's shtick has been figured out, just like Gus'. Lots of baggage too.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 16, 2016, 03:44:40 pm
Clemson over Auburn:  This one could get ugly.  It could be one of those beatings that stays with a team and fans all year.

Kevin Steele has got to be scratching his head wondering how he is supposed to defend the following.

A Heisman Award Finalist QB (Watson) who had 5,209 total yards of Offense last season (4,104 yards passing and 1,105 yards rushing).

A RB (Gallman) who rushed for 1,527 yards last season.

A Mackey Award Finalist TE (Leggett).

3 WRs who are probably at worst at least 2nd Round NFL Draft Picks (Williams, Scott, and Cain).  Alabama didn't have to face Williams and Cain, and they still scored 40 points against Alabama.

A sure handed WR that Oklahoma probably remembers (Renfrow).

A True Freshman WR who is 6'5" (Overton).

It is ironic because Steele gave up 70 points to West Virginia when he was at Clemson, and now Steele is facing an Offense that could be better than that West Virginia Offense.

The 2016 Clemson Offense may be one of the Top 3 Offenses to have ever set foot in Jordan-Hare stadium.  Steele and Auburn's Defense have their work cut out for them.

ChicoHog

I hope The Bruins and 'Noles curb stomp the Aggies and the Rebels. 

A&M came out smoking hot the last 2 years against S Carolina and ASU but UCLA is a much better team that either of those (I think).  FSU just too talented for Mississippi IMO.  Can't stand either team but I hate the Rebels more!

ALLVOL

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 16, 2016, 08:21:40 pm

Tenner will lose to Appalachian State in the first week.
You're going to be so disappointed.

razorbackkid

With the fourth quarter remaining rumors will abound that the "Gus Bus" has been fueled up, new tires attached and state troopers volunteering to lead it to any state line requested. 

The price of toilet paper in Alabama will drop by 75%.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

LZH

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 16, 2016, 09:30:31 pm
Kevin Steele has got to be scratching his head wondering how he is supposed to defend the following.

A Heisman Award Finalist QB (Watson) who had 5,209 total yards of Offense last season (4,104 yards passing and 1,105 yards rushing).

A RB (Gallman) who rushed for 1,527 yards last season.

A Mackey Award Finalist TE (Leggett).

3 WRs who are probably at worst at least 2nd Round NFL Draft Picks (Williams, Scott, and Cain).  Alabama didn't have to face Williams and Cain, and they still scored 40 points against Alabama.

A sure handed WR that Oklahoma probably remembers (Renfrow).

A True Freshman WR who is 6'5" (Overton).

It is ironic because Steele gave up 70 points to West Virginia when he was at Clemson, and now Steele is facing an Offense that could be better than that West Virginia Offense.

The 2016 Clemson Offense may be one of the Top 3 Offenses to have ever set foot in Jordan-Hare stadium.  Steele and Auburn's Defense have their work cut out for them.

Good Lord....

Whiskeyhog

Wisconsin is breaking in a new quarterback.  Going against LSU defense for his first game, better hope that run game is amazing.  I expect LSU will load the box.  It will be close I think because of the bend but don't break defense Wisconsin has.  I think the DC from Wisconsin last year is at LSU now. 

hogcard1964

Quote from: Whiskeyhog on August 17, 2016, 08:13:35 am
Wisconsin is breaking in a new quarterback.  Going against LSU defense for his first game, better hope that run game is amazing.  I expect LSU will load the box.  It will be close I think because of the bend but don't break defense Wisconsin has.  I think the DC from Wisconsin last year is at LSU now.

I don't think that's going to be a very good game.

Hogwild

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on August 16, 2016, 08:21:40 pm

Just saw his highlights from last year, he will be playing on Sundays. He breaks that A&M defender's ankles and then goes 'Beastmode' on South Carolina.

But best part of the highlights is what is missing  :razorback:

Music for the highlights is NSFW

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/767874463891349504

QuoteCRIMSON TIDE

Can this new-starting-QB thing go off without a hitch again?

AUBURN TIGERS

Is this John Franklin III's team or not?

GATORS

Which receiver(s) not named Antonio Callaway will emerge as threats?

GEORGIA BULLDOGS

To freshman or not to freshman?
Eason, the nation's No. 1 quarterback prospect in the Class of 2016, is the future

WILDCATS

Where's the pass rush coming from? The Wildcats ranked last in the conference and 109th nationally last season in sacks

LSU TIGERS

Will Leonard Fournette get some help from the passing game?

MISSOURI TIGERS

Can the offensive line hold up? Following massive attrition, the Tigers have just one lineman left who has started any games for them (three by guard Aelc Abeln [sic]).

STATE BULLDOGS

How many QBs does it take to replace Dak Prescott?

OLE MISS REBELS

Who fills Laremy Tunsil's shoes at left tackle?

GAMECOCKS

Who's the quarterback? (Or how many?) Will it be incumbent starter Perry Orth (1,929 yards, 12 TD, 9 INT in 2015) or one of the freshmen — Brandon McIlwain or Jake Bentley?

VOLUNTEERS

Is there championship depth on the offensive line?

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net