Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How will SEC teams fare in Week 1?

Started by moses_007, August 15, 2016, 11:44:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

I predict both Alabama and LSU lose their first game Sept. 3.  Ole Miss may lose the following Monday night to Florida State.  And Auburn, do they really have a chance against Clemson?

http://secsports.go.com/scores/football

Discuss.

MissippHog

UT beats Ap State
Vandy over USC-E
Miss State over Bama State
WVU beats Mizzou
UCLA over A&M
LSU over Wisky
UNC over UGA
Kentucky should beat Southern Miss
FLA over UMass
Bama over USC-W
Clemson kills Auburn
Free Shoes U beats Miss
and of course, we handle LaTech by a couple or three TD's

rljjr

SEC will go 8-4 or 7-5 in OOC games, specifically losing some of the bigger marquee games like FSU,  Clemson and UCLA. Bama wins. Ga wins. The opening week narrative will be that the SEC is down and the ACC is overtaking ... but there's still the rest of the season to play, and of course the SEC will dominate in bowl games.

RME

FWIW, current spreads via Vegas Insider:

South Carolina/Vanderbilt: Vanderbilt -3.5
Appalachian State/Tennessee: Tennessee -21
Missouri/West Virginia: West Virginia -10.5
South Alabama/Mississippi State: Mississippi State -31.5
Southern Miss/Kentucky: Kentucky -7
Louisiana Tech/Arkansas: Arkansas -25.5
UMass/Florida: Florida -36
Clemson/Auburn: Clemson -7.5
UCLA/Texas A&M: Texas A&M -2
LSU/Wisconsin: LSU -10
North Carolina/Georgia: Georgia -2.5
USC/Alabama: Alabama -10.5
Ole Miss/Florida State: Florida State -4

Wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss beats Florida State. Their starting QB, Sean Maguire, broke his foot a couple days ago and is supposed to be out for around 4 weeks.

go hogues

Only SEC teams that get beat will be Auburn, Mizzou and MAYBE A&M. The rest win big.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

moses_007

You guys think LSU can beat Wisky at Green Bay?

alohawg

Quote from: moses_007 on August 16, 2016, 02:25:34 am

They've been pretty good in these early big games, wouldn't surprise me.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

lefty08

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 16, 2016, 12:21:33 am

Wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss beats Florida State. Their starting QB, Sean Maguire, broke his foot a couple days ago and is supposed to be out for around 4 weeks.

Pretty sure maguire was the back up
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogarusa

Mizzou, Auburn, Ole Miss, Georgia, A&M lose
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

code red

The only loss will be Auburn.  Mizzou will be better than you think.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Seebs

Easiest money I see on this board is UCLA. TAMU will not be ready. How could they be?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Hogwild

Arkansas over LA Tech- this one won't be close

USCe over vandy-  Muschamp might not be great but he is a lot better than Mason

UT beats Ap State- Don't except a repeat of the Michigan game

Clemson over Auburn-  take the over in this game, neither defense can match the opposing offense

LSU over Wisky- Badgers will probably cover a 10 pt spread, but Miles hasn't lost an OOC game since he has been there.

Bama over USC- I think both teams are over ranked, but I'm going with the team ranked #1.

Miss State over South Alabama- this one is the easiest to pick

WVU over  Mizzou- Hologram is on the hot seat, but should win this one

A&M over UCLA- Both team lost a lot of key players; Sumlin does well when he has time to extra prepare

UGA over UNC- the tarheels gave up 645 yards rushing in their last game, now they face Chubb

Kentucky over Southern Miss- if Stopps loses this one his seat is the hottest in the SEC

FLA over UMass- no brainer

Ole Miss over FSU- when in doubt go with the team that has a QB

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

[/quote]

Not likely since it's a home game for FSU...

longpig

Quote from: Seebs on August 16, 2016, 08:00:00 am
Easiest money I see on this board is UCLA. TAMU will not be ready. How could they be?

Tamu typically starts strong, fades late.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hogcard1964

Arkansas over LA Tech - blowout

USCe over Vandy

UT over Ap State

Clemson over Auburn - blowout

LSU over Wisky

Bama over USC - blowout

Miss State over South Alabama - blowout

WVU over Mizzou

A&M over UCLA

UNC over UGA

Kentucky over Southern Miss

FLA over UMass

FSU over Ole Miss

LZH

They will beat the snot out of them. Alabama will beat USC. And Ole Miss, believe it or not, will squeak by Florida State. How is that for an SEC Homer?

Hogs33

Ark over LaTech -  I know La Tech is predicted to be good in their conference but losing Dixon is going to hurt them and they will need time to figure themselves out.

USCe over Vandy - I just didn't see anything from last years Vandy team to suggest they can win this and USCe had glimpses of good football.

UT over ApState - Tenner is SUPPOSE to be good this year so they SHOULD not lose this.

Clemson over Auburn -  Clemson's offense is great and even after losing what they did on defense they will still do enough to beat Auburn.

LSU over Wisk  - Lsu has all the intangibles to be good this year (except QB) and I do not know enough about Wis. Wis with home field advantage will put up probably a great fight but I will go with what I know.

Bama over USC -  #1 again for a reason (no not Lane Kiffin)

Miss State over S Bama -  Miss needs a Qb but they should destroy S. Bama

WV over Mizzou -  Mizzou is going to take their lumps this year

UCLA over A&M -  Hard one to pick, UCLA is talented and A&M was a dumpster fire over the summer so I will go with UCLA in a close one.

UGA over UNC -  UNC could not stop the run last year and they are going to face probably the best back in college football for their first gam this year..... gulp!

Florida over Umass -  Destruction

Florida state over Ole miss -  I know Ole Miss has the QB but Florida State has the studs

Kentucky over S miss. - Kentucky should win but it wouldn't surprise me if they lost.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

AllHog90

Quote from: Hoggish1 on August 16, 2016, 08:39:22 am

Not likely since it's a home game for FSU...

Technically not.

GoHogs1091

The Hogs should win against LaTech by at least 20 points.

Alabama and LSU should both win.

Ole Miss is going to be facing a lot of elite talent.  Even with Florida State's QB situation somewhat uncertain, FSU has a lot of elite players on Defense, and RB Dalvin Cook could be the best RB Ole Miss will face all season.  I just don't see Ole Miss winning this game.

Auburn better hope Clemson's Offense is rusty and not firing on all cylinders due to it being the 1st game of the season.  If it is not rusty and it is firing on all cylinders, it could put up 50 points on Auburn.  They have 2 of their best WRs back, Williams (who practically missed all of last season due to a freak injury), and Cain, who missed the CFB Playoff.

On the other side of the ball, Auburn better go ahead and realize that they won't be able to consistently effectively run the ball against a Clemson Defense that will be stout in the Defensive Front 7.  This game could get out-of-hand for Auburn, and be something around a 48-10 score with Clemson winning.

Georgia should win against North Carolina.  Last season's North Carolina could have won against 2016 Georgia, but North Carolina lost a lot of players.

RME

Quote from: Seebs on August 16, 2016, 08:00:00 am

I agree 100%. When the site I use opens betting on CFB, you can be sure I'll put money on UCLA to cover that spread.

hogcard1964

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on August 16, 2016, 02:58:22 pm
I agree 100%. When the site I use opens betting on CFB, you can be sure I'll put money on UCLA to cover that spread.

Where's that game at?

RME

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 16, 2016, 03:03:10 pm
Where's that game at?

UCLA vs. A&M? It's in College Station, but I don't think that "12th Man" will be enough. Great chance I'm wrong though.

Dwight_K_Shrute

UT over App State, but wouldn't another App State upset be great?  If it's going to happen it's usually in the first week or two.

Vandy over USCe,  I think this is Mason's year which for Vandy would mean 6-6.  While Chump may be a decent coach he is inheriting a program that was on the decline and took over for an interim.

WVU over Mizzou

UCLA over A&M

LSU over Wisconsin

UNC over UGA, first time ever head coach, and the dynamic duo of Chaney & Pittman.  I'm taking the Heels.

USM over Kentucky, I'm not a fan of Stoops as a HC.  3 years in a down SEC-E and couldn't manage a 6 win season.  USM has a new HC but lots of positive momentum and a returning QB that was very good last year.

FLA over UMass

Bama over USC-W

Clemson over Auburn:  This one could get ugly.  It could be one of those beatings that stays with a team and fans all year.

FSU over Ole Miss:  I think both coaches are slimy but Jimbo is actually a better coach than Freeze.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ALLVOL

I think LSU curb stomps them. Wisconsin offense will be smothered and by the 3rd qtr their defense will be winded from all the 3 and outs and LF will run wild.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 16, 2016, 03:44:40 pm
UT over App State, but wouldn't another App State upset be great?  If it's going to happen it's usually in the first week or two.

Vandy over USCe,  I think this is Mason's year which for Vandy would mean 6-6.  While Chump may be a decent coach he is inheriting a program that was on the decline and took over for an interim.

WVU over Mizzou

UCLA over A&M

LSU over Wisconsin

UNC over UGA, first time ever head coach, and the dynamic duo of Chaney & Pittman.  I'm taking the Heels.

USM over Kentucky, I'm not a fan of Stoops as a HC.  3 years in a down SEC-E and couldn't manage a 6 win season.  USM has a new HC but lots of positive momentum and a returning QB that was very good last year.

FLA over UMass

Bama over USC-W

Clemson over Auburn:  This one could get ugly.  It could be one of those beatings that stays with a team and fans all year.

FSU over Ole Miss:  I think both coaches are slimy but Jimbo is actually a better coach than Freeze.

Hell no it wouldn't be great DKS! LOL

RyeHogFan

As far as non conf goes, I really believe that only Auburn and Missouri will lose and I believe Vandy will win a defensive struggle with USC-e in the lone conference tilt.

Großer Kriegschwein

I think Harris gets carried off the field.........on a stretcher in the back of a cart.

Wisky by 6.

This is my non-signature signature.

hamstring

Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 16, 2016, 08:50:27 am
Arkansas over LA Tech - blowout

USCe over Vandy

UT over Ap State

Clemson over Auburn - blowout

LSU over Wisky

Bama over USC - blowout

Miss State over South Alabama - blowout

WVU over Mizzou

A&M over UCLA

UNC over UGA

Kentucky over Southern Miss

FLA over UMass

FSU over Ole Miss

This is the way I see it as well. But I think Georgia finds a way and squeaks it out vs UNC

Hawgar The Horrible

Auburn and Ole Miss are going to get shellacked.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Hawgar The Horrible

And LSU is going to get all they can stand from Wisconsin in GB. At a minimum the Badgers cover and a Tiger loss would not surprise me.

LSU gets hyped for being physical every year, but they tend to fold when opponents match their physicality. In short...lack of mental discipline.

Hogwild

don't forget LSU hire Wisconsin's DC, I think that is a vast improvement over Steel

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 16, 2016, 06:15:42 pm
And LSU is going to get all they can stand from Wisconsin in GB. At a minimum the Badgers cover and a Tiger loss would not surprise me.

LSU gets hyped for being physical every year, but they tend to fold when opponents match their physicality. In short...lack of mental discipline.
LSU will crush them.

moses_007

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 16, 2016, 06:15:42 pm

If LSU isn't any better than last year, Wisconsin will beat them.  That LSU quarterback is miserable.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hogwild on August 16, 2016, 06:27:32 pm
don't forget LSU hire Wisconsin's DC, I think that is a vast improvement over Steel

Given history, I expect wisky won't have a discernible passing game.  I expect LSU won't be much better, but LSU should have tons more talent all over the field.  LSU should win.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: moses_007 on August 16, 2016, 06:31:06 pm
If LSU isn't any better than last year, Wisconsin will beat them.  That LSU quarterback is miserable.

He was miserable last year, and if Wisky could have thrown the ball at all, LSU wouldn't have come back.  I expect more of the same.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 16, 2016, 06:30:22 pm
LSU will crush them.

So you're all up to date on the injury situation at LSU? Just checking before we make this wager.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 16, 2016, 06:38:47 pm
So you're all up to date on the injury situation at LSU? Just checking before we make this wager.
I'm very confident LSU will win.

Großer Kriegschwein

hawginbigd1

Ole Miss/Florida State: Florida State -
To me looks like some money could be made with those spreads for FLa. and MSU, both with inexperienced QBs.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 16, 2016, 06:43:48 pm

Are you a six pack PBR or a 5th of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey confident? That's the question.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ALLVOL on August 16, 2016, 06:43:48 pm
How confident are you if say 4net was like in a walking boot?

Hogwild

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 16, 2016, 06:33:48 pm
He was miserable last year, and if Wisky could have thrown the ball at all, LSU wouldn't have come back.  I expect more of the same.

That was two years ago an a different QB, that QB transferred.  He was the guy that came in after Odell Beckhman and Mettburger got hurt, and led them on a 99 yard TD drive in the final two minutes to beat us. Literally did nothing after that, lost his job to Harris.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hogwild on August 16, 2016, 06:52:52 pm
That was two years ago an a different QB, that QB transferred.  He was the guy that came in after Odell Beckhman and Mettburger got hurt, and led them on a 99 yard TD drive in the final two minutes to beat us. Literally did nothing after that, lost his job to Harris.

Ah, but my point is the same.  QB play and a passing game at Wisky are historically not good...RW for 1 season notwithstanding. LSU has been the same in the more recent past.  LSU just has much more overall talent.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on August 16, 2016, 06:51:45 pm
How confident are you if say 4net was like in a walking boot?

I assume LSU has other SEC caliber backs.  They don't have to be as talented as 4net to beat Wisky.  LSU's biggest hurdle generating just a mediocre passing game.

Großer Kriegschwein

The QB's name was Jennings and that was the only decent thing he ever did at LSU.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 16, 2016, 07:12:32 pm
Ah, but my point is the same.  QB play and a passing game at Wisky are historically not good...RW for 1 season notwithstanding. LSU has been the same in the more recent past.  LSU just has much more overall talent.

Once again, LSU has more talent than Arkansas, but LSU cannot stand teams that are equally as physical. Whisky gets physical.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on August 16, 2016, 07:23:24 pm
Once again, LSU has more talent than Arkansas, but LSU cannot stand teams that are equally as physical. Whisky gets physical.

That's one part of it, but we've been beating LSU by and large because they don't field a competent QB or passing game, while we have been doing it in recent years. It makes our usual mediocre defense look all world good when you don't have to account for or defend against the other team's QB. 

The problem for Wisky is that unlike us, they will probably struggle throwing the ball.  Physical or not.

atekido

LSU won't have any trouble UNLESS a certain RB isn't 100%