Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Fulmer Cup

Started by jbcarol, January 12, 2016, 06:39:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/757992677086486529

QuoteOle Miss freshman defensive end Charles Wiley has been arrested on a charge of misdemeanor domestic violence.

Wiley, a true freshman, was arrested along with a female, at 5:30 p.m. Monday. Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze released the following statement on Tuesday (via the Clarion-Ledger):

"We are aware of the situation and recognize the proper authorities are responsible for the matter. Charles is being withheld from all team activities while the process moves forward. We take incidents like this very seriously and will make decisions once the course of action is complete."

Wiley, a native of Stockbridge, Ga., was a four-star recruit who enrolled in January.

The Fulmer Cup ‏@TheFulmerCup 20h20 hours ago

Ole Miss freshman DE Charles Wiley arrested for misdemeanor domestic violence: http://hottytoddy.com/2016/07/26/breaking-news-rebel-freshman-football-player-arrested-for-domestic-violence/ ... #FulmerCup

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on April 05, 2016, 08:29:14 am
A&M wide receiver Speedy Noil was arrested April 1 for driving without a license, according to Brazos County arrest records obtained by Connor Tapp of GigEm247.

Noil was released on $600 bond soon after and participated in Texas A&M's scrimmage later that night.

https://twitter.com/TheFulmerCup/status/716808340177727488

Kevin Sumlin on Speedy Noil, suspended for UCLA game

QuoteKevin Sumlin on the ongoing maturation of junior WR Speedy Noil, suspended for UCLA game following offseason arrest (driving without a license), after 2 suspensions last season:
"He's done what we've asked him to do. It's been a lot better. He's really worked at some things in his personal life. Does that mean he's got everything together? You hope so. I know he's made a real effort, and it's obvious to everybody that he's made a real effort to change some things in his personal life, and relationships with players and coaches.
"That's part of the reason we (as coaches) do this. Everybody's situation is different."

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/762312798890319872

QuoteFaith Ekakitie is a senior majoring in human physiology at the University of Iowa.

Around 2 p.m. on July 20, the Hawkeyes' senior defensive tackle was wearing all black, listening to music cranking through his headphones, black goggles perched atop his head, walking through Iowa City's Benton Hill Park, playing Pokemon Go.

Unbeknownst to him, police were at the same time looking for an African American man wearing all black with a black covering on his head as a suspect in an armed robbery at the First American Bank — an incident that took place roughly a quarter mile from the park some 10-15 minutes earlier.

But after the confusion, after the guns were drawn and searches were made and identities were checked and individuals questioned, Ekakitie flipped the script.

Ekakitie:
In this situation, what the media would fail to let people know is that the suspect had his headphones in the entire time the Police Officers approached him initially. The suspect had actually just pulled up to the park because he was playing a newly popular Game called Pokémon Go. The suspect didn't realize that there were four cops behind him because his music was blaring in his ears. The suspect had reached into his pockets, for something which was his phone, but for all the cops could have known, he was reaching for a gun. The suspect could very well become another statistic on this day. I am not one to usually rant on Facebook or anywhere else, but with all of the crazy things that have been happening in our world these past couple of weeks it is hard to stay silent. I am thankful to be alive, and I do now realize, that it very well could have been me, a friend of mine, my brother, your cousin, your nephew etc. Misunderstandings happen all the time and just like that things can go south very quickly. It is extremely sad that our society has brainwashed us all to the point where we can't feel safe being approached by the police officers in our respective communities. Not all police officers are out to get you, but at the same time, not all people who fit a criminal profile are criminals.

So with that, I would like the thank the Iowa City Police department for handling a sensitive situation very professionally. I would also urge people to be more aware of their surroundings because clearly I wasn't. Lastly, I would urge us all to at least to attempt to unlearn some of the prejudices that we have learned about each other and now plague our minds and our society. I am convinced that in the same way that we learned these prejudices, we can also unlearn them.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/TheFulmerCup/status/763124050667397121

QuoteAccording to the statement of probable cause, two University Police officers responded to a "loud pop and the sound of glass shattering" while working in the police patrol room on South Campus Drive. They ran outside and found Butler-Byrd, referred to in documents by his given name Cory Butler, "preparing to throw a large white sign."

After arresting him, the officers saw that one of the building's windows was broken. Butler-Byrd told them he had thrown a piece of wood at the window, which shattered it.

One of the officers also noticed that the rear window of his patrol car had been shattered, and the roof had a "large dent" in it. Video footage showed a man jumping on the roof of the car — something police said Butler-Byrd also admitted to.

Coach: "personal issues"

jbcarol

Missouri announced it has indefinitely suspended running back Trevon Walters following his arrest on a charge of stealing and fraudulent use of a credit card.

QuoteWalters was arrested Friday in Boone County and is accused of stealing and fraudulently using a credit card according to the Sheriff of Boone County.

He is one of six running backs on scholarship for the Tigers including Ish Witter.

The rightful owner of the credit card is a living person at last check.

jbcarol

South Carolina will have its starting punter for its season opener as Sean Kelly will not miss time because of a recent arrest, coach Will Muschamp said

Quote"He won't miss any game time," Muschamp said. "I'm handling that within the program."

The senior was arrested and charged on Friday with public disorderly conduct and malicious injury to tree, house and trespass upon real property [sic]...

jbcarol

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/767081520913719296

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 19h19 hours ago

Wow. Brian Kelly has dismissed starting DB Max Redfield after his arrest & placed DB Devin Butler on indefinite suspension.

jbcarol

LAS CRUCES - New Mexico State junior quarterback Tyler Rogers was arrested Friday by the Las Cruces Police Department on a misdemeanor battery charge.

Rogers turned himself in Friday after a bench warrant was issued for his arrest Aug. 14 in Doña Ana Magistrate Court on a misdemeanor charge of battery against a household member. It was unclear on Monday if the alleged victim, Rogers' girlfriend, was cooperating with police.

Quote"We are letting the process run through," NMSU head football coach Doug Martin said. "Since it is a misdemeanor, there isn't a suspension coming forth right now." [Same day: NMSU officials confirmed that grad transfer quarterback Tyler Matthews has left the Aggies program.]

According to the NMSU 2016-17 Student Athlete Handbook, any student athlete charged with a criminal offense other than a felony, the head coach has discretion in the discipline of the student athlete.

At approximately 1:08 a.m., on Aug. 14, LCPD officers responded to a domestic disturbance in reference to a female crying. A witness who was identified as a friend of the alleged victim, informed law enforcement that Rogers' girlfriend had telephoned her, "and was telling her that she was in an argument with her boyfriend, Tyler Rogers, and that she was in the parking lot of her apartment complex."

Rogers' girlfriend told police the two had arrived at her apartment complex after attending a party and had a verbal altercation. The incident became physical inside a vehicle believed to belong to Rogers, according to police documents.

"She was seated in the front passenger seat, at which point Mr. Rogers had gone over to her side of the vehicle and grabbed her by her upper left arm and began to pull her out of the vehicle," according to the police report.

Rogers left the apartment complex before police arrived...

NoNC4Tubs

Can we have a link to the latest rankings...?  8)

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on August 14, 2016, 03:39:47 pm
South Carolina will have its starting punter for its season opener as Sean Kelly will not miss time because of a recent arrest, coach Will Muschamp said

https://twitter.com/MikeABCColumbia/status/768518598486786049

Kelly made a statement through his attorneys:

Quote"I'm extremely sorry for my behavior. I know I will have to work hard to regain the trust of my coaches, teammates, and Gamecock nation. I am committed to this task."

Kelly posted a personal recognizance bond Aug. 12 after being arrested and charged with "public disorderly conduct and malicious injury to tree, house and trespass upon real property with an injury value of $2,000 or less." A police report obtained by WYFF showed Kelly was arrested around 2:45 a.m. outside the Columbia bar, The Saloon. Kelly also took and threw the phone of a man who took a picture of him, the police report said.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 2h2 hours ago

#Oregon DL Torrodney Prevot suspended from team, under police investigation: http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/football/34736084-69/uo-dl-torrodney-prevot-reportedly-under-police-investigation.html.csp?skybox=true ...

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

The Fulmer Cup ‏@TheFulmerCup 14h14 hours ago

The #FulmerCup season is over today, but we will wait until the weekend to allow for late reports of points. Final standings next week!

jbcarol

There was no point in that:

The Fulmer Cup ‏@TheFulmerCup 9h9 hours ago

Mississippi State DL Nick James arrested for public intox; his 4th arrest; no #FulmerCup points (past deadline) http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=52488 ...

jbcarol

jbcarol

The Fulmer Cup ‏@TheFulmerCup 8h8 hours ago

Your 2016 #FulmerCup Team winner are the Colorado Buffaloes! 🏆

jbcarol

The Fulmer Cup ‏@TheFulmerCup 7h7 hours ago

The 2016 All-Fulmer Cup Team, made up of the best #FulmerCup performances at each position:

jbcarol

jbcarol

The Fulmer Cup ‏@TheFulmerCup 18h18 hours ago

As we at the #FulmerCup enter off-season mode, we thank all of you for following—next season begins the moment the 2017 CFB title game ends!

Our tweets between now and then will be occasional, usually crimes so wacky we wish they happened during offseason so we could score them!