Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-16 College football transfers, packed bags, and rumors

Started by jbcarol, September 24, 2015, 08:53:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

CollegeFootballTalk ‏@CFTalk 7h7 hours ago

Barry Sanders confirms release from Stanford scholarship, will transfer #collegefootball http://wp.me/p14QTT-1wMo
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 7m7 minutes ago

John Diarse is heading back to Texas. Former #LSU WR transferring to #TCU
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 48s49 seconds ago

Vanderbilt QB Johnny McCrary to transfer http://sec.news/1OREzqN

jbcarol

Adam Sparks ‏@AdamSparks 2h2 hours ago

BREAKING: Vandy coach Derek Mason confirms QB Johnny McCrary transferring. Intends to graduate from Vandy before transferring for '16 season

jbcarol

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 3h3 hours ago

University of Cincy QB Luke Wright is transferring To Kentucky. I know nothing about him but hopefully will

jbcarol

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 7h7 hours ago

Ole Miss QB DeVante Kincade (@Dpk_Dowork2) has announced where he's transferring to: http://on.thec-l.com/1K5Q115

QuoteOXFORD - Quarterback DeVante Kincade announced Saturday night on Instagram that he plans to transfer from Ole Miss to Grambling State.

Kincade continued practicing with the team leading up to the Sugar Bowl but was in a walking boot after the game.

Kincade signed with the Rebels as a three-star dual-threat quarterback from Skyline High in Dallas in the 2013 class...

jbcarol

Geno Lewis
‏@GENOALLDAY7

Thank you Penn State Nation for the incredible journey!!

Derek Levarse ‏@TLdlevarse 8m8 minutes ago

Derek Levarse Retweeted Geno Lewis

Eugene Lewis says farewell to Penn State: Will transfer to play his fifth and final season.

Former 4-star WR

jbcarol

Coach Warren VP ‏@DemetricDWarren 1h1 hour ago

True Freshman S Johnathan Abram will transfer from #UGA and Enroll at Jones Co. Junior College  #GoDawgs

Jason Butt ‏@JasonHButt 3m3 minutes ago

Jason Butt Retweeted Coach Warren VP

Abram going the JUCO route so he can still play before transferring back to a D1 school.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 35m35 minutes ago

Smart confirms one transfer out http://sec.news/1TV6FWA

QuoteATHENS — The departure of freshman safety Johnathan Abram is the only one – so far – since Kirby Smart was hired as coach.

Smart confirmed Wednesday that Abram, who started four games last season, has left the program.

Smart, who recruited Abram to Alabama, said he actually tried to talk Abram into staying.

"But as of right now that's all we're dealing with," Smart said.

Smart acknowledged that other departures are inevitable, as is typical during a coaching transition. He said he planned on having individual meetings with players after signing day.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 15h15 hours ago

Former #Tulane starting quarterback Tanner Lee to visit LSU this weekend: http://foxs.pt/1OPO4eo

Quote6-foot-4, 220-pounder threw for 3,601 yards in his two seasons playing for the Green Wave. In 2015, he had 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions for Tulane.

He was a redshirt Soph.

jbcarol

Adam Sparks ‏@AdamSparks 13h13 hours ago

Former Vandy RB Brian Kimbrow headed to MTSU. He tweeted that he's transferring to the Blue Raiders to play in 2016.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 15m15 minutes ago

Gifted #TexasTech transfer QB Davis Webb told @FoxSports he's at #Colorado this weekend & plans to visit #Auburn: http://foxs.pt/1lf05yc

QuoteTexas Tech grad transfer QB Davis Webb is taking an official visit to Colorado this weekend, he told FOX Sports on Friday morning. He also expects to take an official visit to Auburn in February.

Webb, who will be eligible in 2016, also has been in contact with a couple of other powerhouse programs from Power 5 leagues, but is still waiting to firm up more details on those trips before publicly naming those schools. He said he hopes to make his decision on where he transfers by the first week of March.

Webb still needs to complete nine credit hours for his degree at Tech and plans to be at his new school for the first summer session.

jbcarol

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 23h23 hours ago

Alabama reserve quarterback Alec Morris announces that he is transferring to North Texas http://s.al.com/SVidbyV

QuoteAlabama redshirt junior quarterback Alec Morris announced on Twitter that he is transferring to North Texas.

An Allen, Texas native, Morris was the Tide's third-string quarterback each of the last two years.

jbcarol

Former Ole Miss QB DeVante Kincade finally opens up about decision to transfer to Grambling

QuoteThe redshirt sophomore transferred from Ole Miss to Grambling State this month in an effort to be closer to his mother, Latonya Boyd, who lives in the Dallas area. She suffered a stroke two years ago and has been battling blood clots in her legs and has had an aneurysm.

Kincade consistently made the 16-hour round-trip to check on her and care for her, sometimes going once a week and staying for a day or two. From Grambling to Dallas will be nine hours shorter.

"So hard," he said. "It was a stress, man, because I was thinking about my mom and I wanted to practice plus I had homework on top of that. I told her I just want to come home and be closer to her so I won't have to be going back and forth that far."

Kincade may also become Grambling's starting quarterback. Johnathan Williams graduates this year...

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC  29m29 minutes ago
Vanderbilt CB Tre Bell will transfer to Connecticut http://sec.news/1Splbbo

Quote"I spoke with (UConn) coach (Bob) Diaco earlier this week," Mason said according to the Tennessean's Adam Sparks. "(Bell) needed to have an opportunity to compete and play at an institution that fit his skill set."

jbcarol

OL Joe Brown opts to transfer from Hurricanes

QuoteFor the first time since Mark Richt took over as head coach, he's seen a player leave his Miami football program.

The university announced in a release that Joe Brown has elected to transfer from the Hurricanes. The stated reason is that the offensive lineman wants to be closer to his hometown of Paramount, Calif.

"The University of Miami is a great place and I will be forever thankful for the opportunity this institution gave me," Brown said. "However at this point in my collegiate career, I believe this is the best move for my future."

While there's no immediate word on any potential destinations, it would seem likely that, if Richt follows his classy protocol while at Georgia, there will be no restrictions whatsoever placed on the transfer's movement.

jbcarol

Statesman U ‏@StatesmanU Jan 15

Former Texas Tech QB Davis Webb is popular on recruiting trail http://atxne.ws/1RqYaF3

QuoteWebb is visiting Colorado this weekend. He also plans to visit Auburn next month, according to Fox Sports, which says Webb also is talking to more schools in Power Five conferences.

Webb will graduate from Tech this spring. He'll be immediately eligible at his next school. Webb decided to transfer, rather than stay in Lubbock, because of the presence of budding star Patrick Mahomes.

"I'm just looking for the right school, right fit and for the opportunity to compete for the starting job and to win a lot of games," Webb said.

Webb announced his transfer late last month, a day after Tech finished its season with a loss to LSU at the Texas Bowl.

jbcarol

Former Oklahoma QB Trevor Knight enrolls at A&M

QuoteA&M's likely starting quarterback for the 2016 season is officially on campus.

Former Oklahoma quarterback Trevor Knight was one of four new players in College Station this week, along with three early enrollees in running back Trayveon Williams, kicker Braden Mann and offensive lineman Colton Prater.

Knight, who has one year of eligibility remaining, has a good chance to be the starter when the Aggies host UCLA...

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger  13m13 minutes ago
Ex-#Tulane QB Tanner Lee says he'll visit #Nebraska this weekend & doesn't yet have a visit sked for the next wkend. Visited #LSU last week

jbcarol

jbcarol

Dustin Dopirak ‏@TennesseeBeat Jan 22

Tennessee says they are aware of the press release but can't confirm anything unless and until they get his release.

Just got off the phone with Pete Duffy, Sheriron Jones' high school coach. He said his transfer was a homesickness thing...

He went to Colorado for about two days and, according to Duffy, felt Tennessee "pulling him back."

jbcarol

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc  27m27 minutes ago
#STRecruiting: JUCO RB Tyren Jones returns to the SEC with USC http://goo.gl/fb/9xFx3f

He was in the Henry, Tenpenny, Kamara class to Bama.

jbcarol

Daniel Paulling ‏@DanielPaulling 1h1 hour ago

Former Ole Miss CB Tee Shepard has decided to transfer: http://on.thec-l.com/1SeXIIC

QuoteOXFORD - Cornerback Tee Shepard intends to transfer from Ole Miss to Miami (Ohio).

The junior is scheduled to complete his degree at Ole Miss this semester and be immediately eligible to play at Miami (Ohio) this fall, which will be his final season of eligibility. The Rebels kept Shepard on scholarship after he left the team in October.

"Chuck Martin is the only coach in the country I can try to play my last year with," Shepard told 247Sports' Lars Hanson, referring to Miami's (Ohio) head coach.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 1h1 hour ago

Transferring Alabama WR: Coaching staff 'never really gave me a chance to make it back' from injury http://sec.news/1OJZCP6

Chris Black

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 2h2 hours ago

Quarterback Eddie Printz plans to transfer from Missouri, his father Ed confirms. @PeteScantlebury first reported.

jbcarol

UF is targeting Tyler Catalina from Rhode Island, another graduate transfer offensive lineman.

QuoteCatalina was a three-year starter for the Rams at both tackle positions, earning Second Team All-Conference honors last season. He will graduate from Rhode Island in May and transfer to a new school for his final year of eligibility.

The 6-foot-6, 298-pounder is also receiving interest from Auburn and Oregon and has been offered by Arizona, Boston College, Iowa State and Missouri, among others.

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman Verified account
‏@BruceFeldmanCFB

BREAKING #TexasTech grad transfer QB Davis Webb tells @FoxSports he has committed to #Colorado: http://foxs.pt/23tA9RO

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 6h6 hours ago

Brandon Marcello Retweeted Bruce Feldman

He *was* planning to visit Auburn.

jbcarol

JUCO Football Frenzy
‏@JUCOFFrenzy

Former Tulsa QB @Jabe_Burgess transferred to Mississippi Gulf Coast CC

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 25m25 minutes ago

Ross Dellenger Retweeted Ronnie Catch22 Feist

#LSU reserve LB Ronnie Feist heading to UTSA with Frank Wilson.

Ronnie Feist graduated from #LSU so he can immediately enroll/play at UTSA.

Ronnie Catch22 Feist
‏@TWO_different

I'm proud to announce that I will be continuing my education at the University of Texas at San...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBGIHWtOd7f/

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/KyleAllen_10/status/692776753652084736

Kenny Garcia ‏@kennygarcia_13  Jan 28
@KyleAllen_10 Can I back out halfway through the lease if it doesn't go how I like?

Dr. Bean ‏@justice_bean7  Jan 28
@KyleAllen_10 Can I have your scholarship too?

J-Kellz ‏@JustinKeller85  Jan 28
@KyleAllen_10 Trevor Knight might still be looking for a place?

D. Davenport, CFRE ‏@Ddavenport  16h16 hours ago
@KyleAllen_10 I'd rent the place but I hear cable provider doesn't carry American Conference Network #Quitter

Tyrel ‏@TyrelMoliliswan  23h23 hours ago
@KyleAllen_10 are you going to help me move in or are you going to throw a football to the other team for a TD three times?

Aggie Recruiting ‏@AggieSlyFox07  Jan 28
@KyleAllen_10

jbcarol

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 15m15 minutes ago

Former Alabama WR Chris Black confirms he plans to play at Missouri next season http://ow.ly/XOyCW 

QuoteChris Black confirmed to AL.com he was headed to Missouri after deciding against a senior season at Alabama. Since he graduated, he'll be eligible to play immediately.

Black said he considered Arizona State and Maryland before landing at Missouri.

A former 4-star prospect, Black caught 25 passes for 290 yards in three Alabama seasons. After a promising spring in 2012, Black was injured in preseason practice and was forced to redshirt his first season.

jbcarol

Memphis linebacker Genard Avery wants to transfer to Ole Miss, according to Neal McCready.

QuoteAvery would have to receive a release from Memphis and a hardship waiver from the NCAA to be eligible in 2016. If he did not receive a waiver from the Tigers, he must pay his own way for a semester before being placed on scholarship.

Avery has not used a redshirt year, so regardless if he got a waiver to be immediately eligible or not, he would have three years to play two. Memphis coach Mike Norvell was not open to the idea of releasing Avery to play for Ole Miss or Mississippi State,

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 1m1 minute ago

Former Georgia QB lands in Big 12 http://sec.news/1QWS2Dy

QuoteJacob Park, who left Georgia last summer after it became evident he wouldn't win the quarterback job, has finally surfaced at another school.

Park will sign with Iowa State...

jbcarol

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 10h10 hours ago

QB Morgan Mahalak announces he is transferring out of #Oregon after two seasons in the program.

jbcarol

jbcarol

A&M completed a class of 22 signees Wednesday. But maybe the most important are three transfers who could see immediate playing time.

QuoteAll three are on campus. Quarterback Trevor Knight joined ex Sooner running back Keith Ford on campus. And Priest Willis, a former starter at UCLA, also is eligible to play this fall.

Knight could be the Aggies new starting quarterback. He's graduated from Oklahoma last month and is taking classes at the A&M business school.

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 17h17 hours ago

QB Seth Collins, who started 7 games  as a true freshman at Oregon State last year, transfers to Northern Illinois

jbcarol

Jon Hale ‏@JonHale_CJ 21h21 hours ago

New Story | UK football adds Michigan transfer Brian Cole. Could play WR or safety http://cjky.it/20i2INJ

QuoteFormer Michigan wide receiver Brian Cole has decided to transfer to Kentucky, a source confirmed to The Courier-Journal Sunday.

Cole, a former four-star recruit and 2015 Under Armour All-American out of Saginaw, Michigan, could play wide receiver or safety at Kentucky. He was rated as a four-star athlete by Rivals.com as a senior in the 2015 recruiting class. Rivals ranked him as the No. 2 recruit in Michigan that year and 101st best prospect in the entire 2015 class.

3 to play 3

jbcarol

Dodd: Kyle Allen says a frustrating "culture" left over from the Johnny Manziel era is partly to blame for Allen's recent departure from Texas A&M.

QuoteSumlin saw both Allen and Kyler Murray -- two valued quarterback prospects -- transfer within a week of each other in December. The moves sparked questions -- still left unanswered -- about what was going on in College Station, Texas.

"I think the culture was a big part of it, and I think that stems from Johnny's era there -- the way that they let Johnny and [others] act there," said Allen, the No. 1-rated pro-style quarterback in the 247Sports Composite for 2014. "They [could] do that and still win games because they had Johnny ... and five offensive linemen playing in the NFL right now."

Allen added: "A lot of people were riding off that, 'I can do whatever the hell I want and win on Saturday.'"

Allen was asked about his prospects transferring from a Power Five to a Group of Five program, especially considering he did not just leave any Power Five team -- Texas A&M's stadium and surrounding facilities are considered among the best in the country.

"At the end of the day, football is still football," Allen said. "It helps recruiting a lot [at a Power Five program]. Our big player lounge [at A&M], our big scoreboard -- it's a recruiting tool. But when it comes down to it, at some level, it can hurt a team.

"Having all of that at such a young age, we didn't do much to deserve that. I don't think I realized it until I got here."

jbcarol

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 2h2 hours ago

Davidson to transfer https://southcarolina.n.rivals.com/news/davidson-to-transfer ...

QuoteSouth Carolina redshirt sophomore receiver Shaq Davidson will transfer

5-foot-10, 179-pounder was a former three-star prospect who was a Shrine Bowl selection as a senior out of Gaffney. He redshirted his first season in Columbia in 2014 and also missed last season due to injury.

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 3m3 minutes ago

Stanford RB Barry J. Sanders tells @kylefredrickson he's transferring to Oklahoma State for final season http://newsok.com/article/5478240

jbcarol

Michael Carvell ‏@Carvell_AJC 2h2 hours ago

Alabama adds graduate transfer at WR http://sec.news/1RA9aiN

QuoteGehrig Dieter, a redshirt senior from Bowling Green, announced on Twitter that he will transfer to Alabama. Dieter will join T.J. Simmons and Trevon Diggs as new wide receivers for the upcoming season.

As a redshirt junior at Bowling Green, Dieter racked up 1,033 yards, 10 touchdowns and 94 receptions in the Mid-American Conference. Arguably his best game last year came against an SEC opponent. Dieter had seven receptions, 133 yards and a touchdown against Tennessee in the season opener.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  4h4 hours ago
What #Alabama's latest graduate transfer WR means for Crimson Tide offense: http://ow.ly/YjrQE 

Quoten what's becoming an increasingly popular second recruiting avenue, Alabama got a commitment Saturday from Bowling Green receiver Gehrig Dieter. At 6-foot-3, Dieter appeared to split out wide at the MAC school, but the best opportunity would be in the slot. Mullaney had almost identical size and he became an integral part of Alabama's passing game.

And with the transfer backup slot receiver Chris Black to Missouri, this could be an ideal landing spot for Dieter.

Alabama has more than enough talent returning at the other receiving positions.

jbcarol

National champs Alabama landed Bowling Green grad transfer WR Gehrig Dieter who tweeted out that he's transferring. The 6-3, 207-pound wideout was a go-to receiver for one of the nation's top offenses in 2015. Dieter caught 94 passes for 1,033 yards and 10 TDs.

QuoteHis parents, both career law enforcement people, named him after Yankees legend Lou Gehrig... Father Derek Dieter, a former competitive powerlifter who once won a Silver medal in the 2002 World Police & Fire Games showed Gehrig how to do Olympic lifts at Lynch's Gym back in South Bend back when the kid was 10. Gehrig was a standout wrestler and baseball star before focusing on football, and he once set a national record for most receiving yards in a high school game with 437.

"They (the Dieter kids) have always loved to lift," said Derek Dieter. "I can't wait till he gets hooked up with (Alabama strength) Coach (Scott) Cochran because that guy looks awesome..."

https://twitter.com/Zeke_P_/status/698616185043210240

NoNC4Tubs

jbcarol

Matt Connolly ‏@MattatTheState  12h12 hours ago Spartanburg, SC
Shaq Davidson expected to keep rehabbing at USC this semester, Will Muschamp to help him find a new home. http://scne.ws/KVzqVk

jbcarol

Creg Stephenson ‏@CregStephenson 6m6 minutes ago

Creg Stephenson Retweeted Tyrone Neal Jr

Illinois grad transfer TJ Neal (LB) headed to Auburn.

Tyrone Neal Jr@Tneal52

Next Chapter in my life. ! !@FootballAU @SEC

jbcarol

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 2h2 hours ago

AM | Trey Quinn, Kevin Spears are transferring from #LSU. Quinn banned from #SEC, plans to stay in FBS & sit out http://bit.ly/1QGInwc