Tennessee

Started by RebelW, March 02, 2015, 09:27:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Predicting the results of every SEC game

QuoteSEC East

1. Tennessee Volunteers

Projected record: 11-1, 7-1 SEC

This is Tennessee's year. Butch Jones has been building since he arrived in Knoxville for the 2012 season and the results are starting to show. Tennessee is likely the most complete team in the SEC East. Anything less than a division title would be disappointing.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/766014290004414464

Quote2. Arkansas State over Auburn, Sept. 10

5. Virginia Tech over Tennessee, Sept. 10

6. Auburn over Texas A&M, Sept. 17

8. Missouri over West Virginia, Sept. 3

10. Appalachian State over Tennessee, Sept. 1

Honorable mention: Southern Miss over Kentucky, Sept. 3
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

Feldman's 2016 SEC predictions

QuoteSEC East No. 1: Tennessee (10-2, 6-2 SEC)
T has playmakers at all three levels and the most talent in the SEC East. The Vols have a nasty 1-2 punch in the backfield in Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara that'll play well off QB Josh Dobbs' own running skills, although I'm still skeptical about UT's passing game being consistent enough to become a playoff team.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/ESPN_SEC/status/768856099369816064

QuoteMake-or-break stretch: From Sept. 24 to Oct. 15, Vols host Florida before trips to Georgia and A&M lead into that highly anticipated game with Alabama. The road to Atlanta goes through there this stretch, as the Vols must beat the Gators for the first time since 2004, and will have to at least split UG and A&M before hosting Bama.

Position battle to watch: Vols had to replace two starting safeties this year.

jbcarol

Patrick Brown ‏@patrickbrownTFP 21h21 hours ago

Depth chart

jbcarol

jbcarol

Adam Sparks ‏@AdamSparks 2h2 hours ago

"This university is better known for butt-chuggers than Rhodes scholars." - John Adams

jbcarol

Mark Wiedmer: Are Vols still who we thought they were?

QuoteCould it be that the Tennessee Volunteers may not be who we thought they were?

We say that after the nation's No. 9 team was forced to go to overtime Thursday night to escape visiting Appalachian State, 20-13.

In what may have been the most depressing victory in Vols history, Team 120 looked disturbingly like a team ranked 120th in the NCAA's 128-team Football Bowl Subdivision rather than the ...

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/771585951323652096

QuotePerhaps Tennessee was intoxicated by the hype, even mesmerized by it.

And it's true that we all tend to overreact based on what we see in the first week of the college football season. So it's possible the No. 9-ranked Vols aren't as listless, undisciplined and disinterested as they looked for much of Thursday's season-opening, 20-13 overtime escape against a game Appalachian State team that only moved up to the FBS ranks two years ago.

Then again, if a brick looks like a brick, feels like a brick and sinks like a brick, then chances are it's probably a brick.

The Vols chunked up a big ugly brick in their most anticipated debut in more than a decade, and even though they survived, they get the early award as college football's biggest fraud.

Pig in the Pokey

But one game into the 2016 season, what we do know about the Vols is that they're good at recovering their own fumbles. They managed to fall on two in the fourth quarter and overtime -- the last one resulting in the winning touchdown after senior quarterback Josh Dobbs vaulted toward the end zone on third down and was tattooed.

lmfao
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Either way, Tennessee is not the ninth-best team in the country, The ninth-best team in the SEC, maybe, but not the country. At least, not now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

UT must have made history. Apparently we're the only team in history to struggle in an early season game.
Played like crap but won. Every year we see this happen with a team. Sometimes they bounce back and sometimes they don't.
We will see soon enough.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 10:06:13 am
UT must have made history. Apparently we're the only team in history to struggle in an early season game.
Played like crap but won. Every year we see this happen with a team. Sometimes they bounce back and sometimes they don't.
We will see soon enough.
What do you expect after all that noise you people made this offseason? And ya'll played like spoiled little brats. Sulking, playing dirty. Own it, huh? Got amazingly lucky at home against a marginal sun belt squad. Reminds me of when ole Smile was around these parts. No way in HELL ya'll win any Titles this year. Don't get me wrong, you'll have a bowl trophy of some sort in december.
@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 02, 2016, 10:09:37 am
What do you expect after all that noise you people made this offseason? And ya'll played like spoiled little brats. Sulking, playing dirty. Own it, huh? Got amazingly lucky at home against a marginal sun belt squad. Reminds me of when ole Smile was around these parts. No way in HELL ya'll win any Titles this year. Don't get me wrong, you'll have a bowl trophy of some sort in december.
Either you lack of knowledge of football is astounding or your blinded by such a strong dislike but you're full of BS in so many ways.

Mulberry Squeezins

We will see soon enough.

Face it dude, your team hasn't progressed very much from last year to this.  Maybe you can right the ship, but here's some things that caught my attention, and it doesn't really have anything to do with what happened on the field.  Your not going to like it, and that's fine, just a personal observation.  The players you have in leadership roles have a little bit of "I" in team going on.  Sutton flashing hand signs to the cameras while waiting in Punt return.  And what was with those freaky fangs coming out of Hurd's mothpiece? 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on September 02, 2016, 11:19:18 am
Face it dude, your team hasn't progressed very much from last year to this.  Maybe you can right the ship, but here's some things that caught my attention, and it doesn't really have anything to do with what happened on the field.  Your not going to like it, and that's fine, just a personal observation.  The players you have in leadership roles have a little bit of "I" in team going on.  Sutton flashing hand signs to the cameras while waiting in Punt return.  And what was with those freaky fangs coming out of Hurd's mothpiece?
It's the kind of culture you build when you allow your players free reign to rape and pillage as they see fit. #inmatesrunthejoint
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 10:19:03 am
Either you lack of knowledge of football is astounding or your blinded by such a strong dislike but you're full of BS in so many ways.
Me and every fan and pundit out there. It wasn't a shock at all to me that they played like darn. They are (were lol) the most over-rated team in the country this year.

Or as Chris Lowe put it, "Tennessee is the early leader for biggest fraud in college football for 2016".
@Slackaveli

ALLVOL

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on September 02, 2016, 11:19:18 am
You're right. A sloppy start means the world is over for UT. LOL we will see.
What's funny is I had a veri similar discussion with some fans about the Hogs last year after Toledo game. Bad games happen.

Dropkick

It was a "welcome back to reality" moment for some Tennessee fans. I would be a little concerned about the O-line and the OC if the offense continues to struggle. Otherwise, a win is a win, and being 1-0 at this point is the main thing.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 12:00:04 pm
What's funny is I had a veri similar discussion with some fans about the Hogs last year after Toledo game. Bad games happen.
#1 2015 Toledo > 2016 App St
#2 Arkansas was not Top 10 and picked to win anything
#3 Arkansas fans haven't spent 6 months hyping up their squad as ready-to-roll, all come together, super team and that "The Time is Now". Face it, ya'll are going to be incredibly disappointed, JUST LIKE I'VE BEEN WARNING YOU FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS>
#4 Arkansas beat ya'll in Knoxville, AFTER we lost to Toledo. Tennessee is over rated hot garbage
@Slackaveli

LRHawg

It's true, the Vols did win, and yes, ugly wins are often a part of the recipe for a successful season. VT has a new coach and is changing looks completely with their offense, so I expect TN to win, but soon you guys have FL at home and you are going to get embarrassed badly, unless what we saw yesterday was just an anomaly (it's not).

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: LRHawg on September 02, 2016, 12:26:14 pm
It's true, the Vols did win, and yes, ugly wins are often a part of the recipe for a successful season. VT has a new coach and is changing looks completely with their offense, so I expect TN to win, but soon you guys have FL at home and you are going to get embarrassed badly, unless what we saw yesterday was just an anomaly (it's not).

Florida's not going to be that good either. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Chuck Beavers

Tennessee won the off-season. Give them the credit and trophy for that.

ALLVOL

When a good team plays like crap in an opener they deserve to catch hell. I have no issue with that. But people acting like App St is some Mississippi directional school are very wrong. Are they SEC? Of course not but they are a solid mid major team.
UT has an opportunity to fix things and we will see.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 12:43:14 pm
When a good team plays like crap in an opener they deserve to catch hell. I have no issue with that. But people acting like App St is some Mississippi directional school are very wrong. Are they SEC? Of course not but they are a solid mid major team.
Guys and gals please pay attention. This may be the closest you will EVER see ALLVOL come to criticizing and even hinting that UT isn't all universe.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 02, 2016, 12:51:58 pm
Guys and gals please pay attention. This may be the closest you will EVER see ALLVOL come to criticizing and even hinting that UT isn't all universe.
Do you ever get tired of being so wrong? Serious question.

Show me a post I've ever made that says anything remotely like that? Was it the post I made last year when I predicted Arkansas to beat UT? Or when I predicted a 7 to 8 win season for UT? Dang facts huh?

Cinco de Hogo

We will see soon enough.

Did they play like crap?

Seems to me they played just about as well as they could.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on September 02, 2016, 02:26:36 pm
Did they play like crap?

Seems to me they played just about as well as they could.

You betcha.

Vantage 8 dude

September 02, 2016, 02:43:30 pm #1079 Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 04:02:03 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 02:01:42 pm
Do you ever get tired of being so wrong? Serious question.

Show me a post I've ever made that says anything remotely like that? Was it the post I made last year when I predicted Arkansas to beat UT? Or when I predicted a 7 to 8 win season for UT? Dang facts huh?
Serious question: Do you ever get tired of coming one here and spouting your drivel and tripe? And yeah, I just stated the dang facts huh? BTW I think you need to spend more time worrying about your own team rather then being concerned about what other fans are saying about the VOlunturds.

One last thing: since you've got such a "gee whiz" and personable HC when are we going to see a program such as "Being Butch Jones" on ESPN ??? I'm just sure one's in the works as we speak.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 02, 2016, 02:43:30 pm
Serious question: Do you ever get tired of coming one here and spouting your drivel and tripe? And yeah, I just stated the dang facts huh? BTW I think you need to spend more time worrying about your own team rather then being concerned about what other fans are saying about the VOlunturds.

One last thing: since you've got such a "gee whiz" and personable HC when are we going to see a program such as "Being Butch Jones" on ESPN ??? I'm just sure one's in the works as we speak.
Boy oh boy you sure showed me didn't you.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 04:13:40 pm
Boy oh boy you sure showed me didn't you.
Well...it is what it is. BTW is that honestly the best you can come up with? Man, you ARE slippin'.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 12:00:04 pm

you mean the same Arkansas team that beat the Vols last year on their home turf?   must've been an interesting conversation........   WPS!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

010HogFan

Tennessee looked baaaaad last night. I mean REALLY bad. When you got Dobbs doing ballerina twirls and launching the ball into the night sky with no hope of completing it to anyone, you got some bad issues. That's a level of panic and bad decision making that is basically impossible to correct. App State drove the ball on the Vol defense all night despite having no threat of a pass attack. Again, you got some bad issues.

ALLVOL

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 02, 2016, 04:26:07 pm
you mean the same Arkansas team that beat the Vols last year on their home turf?   must've been an interesting conversation........   WPS!
It was on this very site with other Hog fans. Do a search and you can find it.

ALLVOL

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 02, 2016, 05:01:06 pm
Tennessee looked baaaaad last night. I mean REALLY bad. When you got Dobbs doing ballerina twirls and launching the ball into the night sky with no hope of completing it to anyone, you got some bad issues. That's a level of panic and bad decision making that is basically impossible to correct. App State drove the ball on the Vol defense all night despite having no threat of a pass attack. Again, you got some bad issues.
May wanna check the stats. Dobbs threw how many ints last year? 5.
Look, it was an ugly game for sure. But no one with sense looked at that game and saw anything other than a very sloppy start to the season. The team will eather correct it or it will be a long season.

Pig in the Pokey

September 02, 2016, 05:36:11 pm #1086 Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 05:47:34 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 12:43:14 pm
wasn't it 32 4*s vs Zero 4*s?? Quit trying to act like there are any positives to take away from that monstrosity of a game last night besides your teams ability to cover fumbles and ya'lls amazing anti-PAT juju. That and the fact that Dobbs probably has broken ribs (just a 12 page rumor on vol nation as of this moment) which could bode well for your chances. That dude is awful.
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 05:22:25 pm
Look, it was an ugly game for sure. But no one with sense looked at that game and saw anything other than a very sloppy start to the season. The team will eather correct it or it will be a long season.
Did you turn on a radio or a TV today? LMAO. You were mocked from coast to coast today. Vol fans have changed their predictions from 12 wins to 6 wins on major shows today. NOBODY who watched that game thinks the same about your season prospects, more like. MANY fans will remember last night as when they "realized the truth about Butch". Hell, half that stadium last night was mad enough to fight. You are in denial, Sir.

Here , check out the board you SHOULD be on-
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/260227-worst-team-seen-dooley.html?s=60c377963af8a666fc1c4c7fb6e7cf4f

bwahahahaha- "OL = Really Bad. No push at all
WR= Not Good
QB= Sucks. And is a Senior WTH
OFF Cood= Play Calling looked like Fulmer Days

DL= Getting Blown off the Ball. Could not get off Tackles
LB=Getting blocked out by OL
Safety = I saw TK standing around not tackling
Corner=playing WR good but not playing the run at all
Def Cood= Worse Defense put on the field since Sunseri

HC=Worst job Coach Jones has done since coming to UT

And it chaps my ass to see Coach Jones just clap his hands when a player is not playing well or does something wrong or misses an assignment. He just claps his hands like a cheerleader. "

Next poster replies, "WAY too positive." lmao

@Slackaveli

Seminole Indian

Quote from: 010HogFan on September 02, 2016, 05:01:06 pm
That, and the fact their big-time play makers did not make many big-time play's, should be at least a little worrisome.

As far as their QB play, AppSt's defense is very good at confusing QB's, and it hurts that SEC  OL's is not build to block mosquitoes. Normally they look silly at the start, but eventually get the hang of it and wear them down and get the upper hand.

Georgia Southern almost did the same to Georgia last year, before losing in OT.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Vantage 8 dude

September 02, 2016, 06:03:31 pm #1089 Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:23:22 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 05:22:25 pm
So NO ONE, including many of the talking heads on ESPN (and elsewhere), that glowingly referred to UT as not only the winner of the East, but starting the season at #9 in the country figured it would be anything but a very sloppy game? Hmm.......perhaps they need to examine their criteria for picking top ten teams 'cause if ugly performances like that one get you such a high ranking perhaps every top billed teams ought to go out and stink up the place. Perhaps too ole Butch and the boys need to quit reading their press clippings and actually watch film for a change.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 02, 2016, 05:39:47 pm
Did you turn on a radio or a TV today? LMAO. You were mocked from coast to coast today. Vol fans have changed their predictions from 12 wins to 6 wins on major shows today. NOBODY who watched that game thinks the same about your season prospects, more like. MANY fans will remember last night as when they "realized the truth about Butch". Hell, half that stadium last night was mad enough to fight. You are in denial, Sir.

Here , check out the board you SHOULD be on-
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/260227-worst-team-seen-dooley.html?s=60c377963af8a666fc1c4c7fb6e7cf4f

bwahahahaha- "OL = Really Bad. No push at all
WR= Not Good
QB= Sucks. And is a Senior WTH
OFF Cood= Play Calling looked like Fulmer Days

DL= Getting Blown off the Ball. Could not get off Tackles
LB=Getting blocked out by OL
Safety = I saw TK standing around not tackling
Corner=playing WR good but not playing the run at all
Def Cood= Worse Defense put on the field since Sunseri

HC=Worst job Coach Jones has done since coming to UT

And it chaps my ass to see Coach Jones just clap his hands when a player is not playing well or does something wrong or misses an assignment. He just claps his hands like a cheerleader. "

Next poster replies, "WAY too positive." lmao

And last year after Hogs lost to Toledo a bunch of idiots on this site called for him to be fired and said some of the exact same stuff. Like you, most fans don't lnow what they're talking about.

LOL what's funny is some of the very same fans will be right back on the band wagon. I'm not worried.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 02, 2016, 06:03:31 pm
So NO ONE, including many of the talking heads on ESPN (and elsewhere), that glowingly referred to UT as not only the winner of the East, but starting the season at #9 in the country figured it would be anything but a very sloppy game? Hmm.......perhaps they need to examine their criteria for picking top ten teams 'cause if ugly performances like that one get you such a high ranking perhaps every top billed teams ought to go out and stink up the place. Perhaps too ole Butch and the boys need to quit reading their press clippings and actually with film for a change.
I'm going to enjoy watching you be miserable as the season plays out.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 02, 2016, 06:03:31 pm
So NO ONE, including many of the talking heads on ESPN (and elsewhere), that glowingly referred to UT as not only the winner of the East, but starting the season at #9 in the country figured it would be anything but a very sloppy game? Hmm.......perhaps they need to examine their criteria for picking top ten teams 'cause if ugly performances like that one get you such a high ranking perhaps every top billed teams ought to go out and stink up the place. Perhaps too ole Butch and the boys need to quit reading their press clippings and actually with film for a change.
That is good advice for every SEC team, that apparently only Alabama takes it to heart.  Blame ESPN.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

str8volfan

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 06:09:35 pm
why do you wallow in the mud with these morons?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 02, 2016, 06:13:55 pm
That is good advice for every SEC team, that apparently only Alabama takes to heart.  Blame ESPN.
Not necessarily.

Seminole Indian

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ALLVOL on September 02, 2016, 06:09:35 pm
While I love my Hogs and want them to win every game out, my life's happiness doesn't depend on what a football team does or doesn't do each week. Something apparently all Vol fans have never learned to do. Then again, we have a gorgeous state with some the absolute best people in the world so there is a major difference.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: str8volfan on September 02, 2016, 06:16:25 pm
why do you wallow in the mud with these morons?
Oh goody, I see we apparently have yet ANOTHER Vol troll. Misery truly loves company.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 02, 2016, 06:13:55 pm
That is good advice for every SEC team, that apparently only Alabama takes it to heart.  Blame ESPN.
Uhh....you might want to check it again, boyo. ESPiN is by no means the only outlet to sing the praises of UT preseason. I promise they have a TON of company.

BTW I honestly don't believe that every SEC reads its own pub.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on September 02, 2016, 06:19:02 pm
While I love my Hogs and want them to win every game out, my life's happiness doesn't depend on what a football team does or doesn't do each week. Something apparently all Vol fans have never learned to do. Then again, we have a gorgeous state with some the absolute best people in the world so there is a major difference.
Shockingly you missed the point. Let me type slower for you. I'm going to watch you be miserable because as UT wins. See? Not hard.