Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A true point guard (Baylor lean)

Started by Dirty, January 28, 2014, 08:19:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

a good PG  would help but till you get some two's and threes that can really shoot a PG won't matter . it doesn't help if he passes to guys who can't shoot anyway . if I was coaching against the Hawgs , I'd stay in the zone the whole game . We don't have anyone who is good enough to really bust a zone . They may get hot for a few shots but then fall apart again
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The Hogfather

Quote from: tophawg19 on March 25, 2014, 08:24:35 pm
a good PG  would help but till you get some two's and threes that can really shoot a PG won't matter . it doesn't help if he passes to guys who can't shoot anyway . if I was coaching against the Hawgs , I'd stay in the zone the whole game . We don't have anyone who is good enough to really bust a zone . They may get hot for a few shots but then fall apart again

Precisely. 

Rbill

Quote from: Danny J (headhawg7) on March 25, 2014, 07:29:41 pm
Yep....we need guys who have all the skill sets a good guard would have thus being good. Usually but not always those guys are really highly rated coming out of HS.

If I were a coach running a motion offense I would never not ever recruit a guard not willing to or doesn't have the ability to make jump shots on a consistent basis. I am not throwing these guys under the bus but we need more Bell's and less Gulley's and Scott's.

Gulley has been way more consistent with his entire game this season than Bell, including shooting. If your argument was you didn't want any of those guards then I'd be okay with it. But I'd take more Gulley's over the inconsistency of Bell. Bell on a good day is another story.

hogfan10

rude1

We need some complete guards PERIOD!!!!!! Our whole guard lineup has some serious holes in their games. Each one of our guards are good at one or two things and deficient in the other areas. We need some guards who can create their own shot, get to the lane and finish through contact, and defend the perimeter without consistently getting beaten around the corner causing our defense to break down leading to layups or offensive rebounds.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Dirty on January 28, 2014, 08:19:35 pm
This is what we are missing.

King McClure are you listening?
The same King McClure that is listed as a SG?

We may need a true pg just to show HV what that is, exactly.

mhuff

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 28, 2014, 08:37:33 pm
We have a bunch of clueless "fans" who think they know what it takes to win.  "Men", "A True PG", blah, blah, blah.

point guard shmoint guard.

we need shooters. we don't have any. bell had a few good games......big deal