Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We got 3 bad calls from the refs in the final seconds of the Mizzou game . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 14, 2018, 03:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

. . . but, fortunately, we survived.

The first one had to do with the clock.  They reviewed, and ended up putting 13.0 seconds on it.  But it should have been 12.4 seconds, and that's said with 100% confidence.  How do I know?  Well, when I got home and watched the replay, they had the play clock on the screen as we were winding down to Macon's missed 3 pointer and the clock running out.  In slow-mo, I could see that the play clock was dropping by 1 second exactly as the Game clock was at "x.4" . . . i.e., at 23.4 . . . 22.4 . . . .21.4, etc.  So the clock went from 1 to zero at precisely 12.4 seconds.

Not a lot of time - but could have been the difference in a shot being released in time - or not - in a game ending scenario.

Then, when Mizzou brought the ball in and went down the far sideline (from the perspective of the TV camera, a Missouri guy set yet another clear moving screen (this time on Macon).  It was every bit as blatant as the 2 that had just been called shortly before.  Fortunately, we switched effectively and kept pressure on the eventual shooter.

As this was going on, the apparent "Option B" for them was trying to get away from Beard on the other (near) side of the court.  Believe it or not, yet ANOTHER illegal (moving) pick was made on Beard.  But he fought through it and kept the shooter from passing the ball to Beard's guy as he was coming toward the basket.  This forced the shooter to take a contested 3 which he barely missed.

I do not like for "zebras" to decide a game.  I'm all for ticky-tack fouls NOT being called at the very end of the game.  At the same time, clear and obvious fouls HAVE to be called, or that's just as much of a failure.

If you still have the game recorded, look at their final possession and see if you agree with me on those screens.  In both cases, the screener was moving and performed a "block" on our defenders.

Randohoggie

Without rewatching ... didn't notice the clock issue, did notice the first blatant illegal screen you mentioned.  Didn't see the second.

mizzouman

Randohoggie

Quote from: mizzouman on January 14, 2018, 05:57:12 pm
Not sure what that means.

It's a very polite way of saying, don't go on an Arkansas board and tell Arkansas fans what to discuss, Missouri fan. 

P.S.  Your program is a joke.

mizzouman

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 14, 2018, 06:02:00 pm
It's a very polite way of saying, don't go on an Arkansas board and tell Arkansas fans what to discuss, Missouri fan. 

P.S.  Your program is a joke.
Thanks for the semi clarification.

P.S.  Thanks for letting me know that. Your thoughts are appreciated.

SamBuckhart

too much chicken wing on the picks. Third time should have been tossed.  That is how fights start.  I enjoy a good pissouri defeat.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.