Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trouble in Starkville?

Started by Springfield_MO_Razorback, February 19, 2018, 09:59:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: TebowHater on February 20, 2018, 06:40:14 pm
I wonder how, if at all, the affects Wes Johnson's status here. Will he be a leading candidate for their permanent replacement when that time comes? Odds are he will have an outstanding pitching staff this year here to stand on.

They aren't big fans of him, some blame him for their arm troubles last year.

TebowHater

Quote from: ricepig on February 20, 2018, 06:47:51 pm
They aren't big fans of him, some blame him for their arm troubles last year.

You're right, I was vaguely remembering the same thing. Interesting.

bulldog04

Vitello is probably wishing he waited another year.  Miss st is a lot better job

TNhawgfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on February 20, 2018, 07:37:29 pm
Vitello is probably wishing he waited another year.  Miss st is a lot better job
I wish he waited another year too. I HATE that he's at Tennessee
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ucahogfan

I think the rumor is that Cohen will make a hard run at Nick Mingione at Kentucky and Butch Thompson at Auburn.  Both are guys who coached under Cohen at Mississippi State and have had some success at their current schools.  Figure Gary Henderson will be in the running depending on how the remainder of the season goes.

AirWarren

Quote from: sickboy on February 20, 2018, 01:41:16 pm
What one man finds moral, another man might not. What if dude's wife was fine with him sleeping with another woman? Believe it or not, swinging happens all the time. Should Mississippi State fire the guy? Should there be stipulations for heinous crimes? Sure. Fire a guy if he murders someone or assaults someone or becomes a felon. Great. But a corporation choosing to fire someone because they cheated on their spouse? No. That's a contract between that husband and wife. The corporation has no vested interest in that contract.

I'm with HogFansReunited. Inserting the institution into someone's personal life is ridiculous.

I'm willing to bet that no one should take moral advice from you. Kudos.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: sickboy on February 20, 2018, 01:41:16 pm
What one man finds moral, another man might not. What if dude's wife was fine with him sleeping with another woman? Believe it or not, swinging happens all the time. Should Mississippi State fire the guy? Should there be stipulations for heinous crimes? Sure. Fire a guy if he murders someone or assaults someone or becomes a felon. Great. But a corporation choosing to fire someone because they cheated on their spouse? No. That's a contract between that husband and wife. The corporation has no vested interest in that contract.

I'm with HogFansReunited. Inserting the institution into someone's personal life is ridiculous.

Considering his wife was pregnant and her husband is basketball coach at JUCO. So even if they were both okay with it and swingers, that is presumptuous to make of someone's personal life. But considering there was more than just the affair involved, from what I have read, the argument that they "could" be swingers or an open marriage is really just as a ridiculous.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: AP85 on February 20, 2018, 09:07:22 pm
I'm willing to bet that no one should take moral advice from you. Kudos.

Pretty sure this type of stuff isn't allowed in this forum, please take your personal insults elsewhere. Thanks.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

cityhog

Quote from: AP85 on February 20, 2018, 01:14:18 pm
No one is perfect....sadly.

Except atheists.

nah. we're not perfect. Just gives us a small amount of satisfaction when hypocrisy is brought to light.

jbell96

In lieu of Cannizaro's departure, rumors are that the free weights in Starkville will be at half rack today.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

AirWarren

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 20, 2018, 10:38:20 pm
Pretty sure this type of stuff isn't allowed in this forum, please take your personal insults elsewhere. Thanks.

What insult?

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: 311Hog on February 20, 2018, 01:27:39 pm
thanks dad

Unless it also effects your coaching, and the word is that it was. Sexting from the dugout, etc. supposedly, in his last game he called timeout to commence a pitching change, and nobody was in the bullpen.

Almost as bad as a football coach texting his lady friend in pregame.

Edit:  Speaking of posting from a phone. I meant to quote the guy saying personal life isn't a reason to fire somebody.

Uberanubis

Quote from: HogFansReunited on February 20, 2018, 12:49:44 pm
My opinion on this will probably be different than most here but what two consenting adults do is none of my business or the business of his employer as long as nothing illegal was done.

2 people who are in a marriage cheating with each out is technically illegal.n hence the reason when you file for divorce you are actually suing the other person :(
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

hogginbama

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on February 22, 2018, 09:58:29 am
Unless it also effects your coaching, and the word is that it was. Sexting from the dugout, etc. supposedly, in his last game he called timeout to commence a pitching change, and nobody was in the bullpen.

Almost as bad as a football coach texting his lady friend in pregame.

Edit:  Speaking of posting from a phone. I meant to quote the guy saying personal life isn't a reason to fire somebody.

At least the football coach was doing it before the game and not during. Then again, maybe that was just as bad since he was probably worried about hiding his woodie throughout the game.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

TexasDad

I'd been thinking about commenting on this thread, but thought I'd rather let it sink into obscurity through attrition of lack of interest. However, it seems to keep getting bumped back up – so I guess I'll chime in...

I liked disliking coach Cannizzaro last season – I thought he made a great baseball villain with a good squad of ballplayers in his dugout. I was looking forward to a continuation of DVH vs. Cannizzaro interactions this season – personality wise they seem diametrically opposed.

If Wikipedia and other sources are to be believed, infidelity is common (look it up, you'll likely be surprised by the stats). What isn't common is that this board typically avoids these topics – it seems to always take high road – not common at all, and big reason why I visit. The losers in this sad event are the families (especially the children) and to a lessor extent the ballplayers in the program. There's nothing funny about a kid working hard to realize a lifelong dream to have it overshadowed by a coach's poor choice.   

So, this year I'll be a Mississippi State fan if they're not playing the Hogs or Longhorns. I hope they have a great season, so the players and the program can wash off the stench of this debacle.