Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bo being negative

Started by twistitup, February 08, 2018, 06:18:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 11:27:19 am
fans still suffering from butthurt over losing since joining the sec.

no not really....most I talk to love the move. Sure, we need to win more games - but why NOT be in the best football conference in America.

No other conference compares to the combined level of football , tailgating and overall gameday atmosphere in the SEC

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

code red

Quote from: twistitup on February 08, 2018, 06:18:59 pm
The guy just oozes negativity.....
Angry lil feller- doesn't think J Long should have been fired...disappointed it didn't work out for his drinking buddy CBB

He loves the recruiting class being in the 50's...he has that childish 'told you so' attitude that makes a person want to puke.

He's not pulling for a turnaround...it's obvious
96.3 radio sports guys should really research more instead of "winging it" while on the air.  These guys do very little research into recruiting.  They watch very little video on recruits.  They talk way to much about stuff that does not pertain the to the HOGS.   
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

oxhog24

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 09:32:11 am
Ah look a 12 1/2 yr old acct with fewer than 8 posts a yr and most of those coming in 2011 or earlier. So, who's alternate acct are you?

Funny thing though, there is another thread pointing out that last yr they had 13 red shirts, and several of those look like they will push for playing time this yr.

Nope...one account since I joined Hogville, I scan through it almost daily but post very little...just like I listen to Bo's show almost daily on the drive home from work. I'm a Hog fan and like to keep up with the happenings as I can, and I know as well as anyone that listens to the show much that if they are successful next season the same guy (Bart I believe) that was calling the guy an idiot for saying there was talent on the current roster will be giving the previous coaching staff credit for having left so much talent....and Bo will too....just how they roll...I'm ok with it, they have to keep the pot stirred to have a talk show. I just wish they could do it without being so condescending to some of the callers.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Poker_hog on February 08, 2018, 06:27:07 pm
We wouldn't have cracked the top 40 with Bert.  And we all know Bert couldn't win unless he had a talent advantage.

Obviously I wish we had a higher ranked class but if it's the price to pay to rid ourselves of Bert, it's a small price to pay.

Someone 'spained' to me some weeks back that if we could have filled out the rest of the class to the 25 allowed with 3-stars our ranking would be somewhere up around 40-35 +/-. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Jimmy

Bo's superiority complex was old years ago.  It's time for him to move on and aggravate another fan base.   

Vantage 8 dude

Angry lil feller- doesn't think J Long should have been fired...disappointed it didn't work out for his drinking buddy CBB

He loves the recruiting class being in the 50's...he has that childish 'told you so' attitude that makes a person want to puke.

I think all of us who truly love the Hogs are saddened that it didn't work out for either Long or Bret. Heck, had they done the jobs we had expected we would not have only saved a boat load full of money in buyouts and "start overs", but would not have been the overall mess we're in today. If anyone wants to be angry and upset then just look at the fact neither was getting it done after five years and place the blame on the two folks who ultimately screwed things up. Placing the blame on the folks who had to make the final (difficult) decisions to make the necessary changes as well as attacking the overall fan base who expected and demanded better is misplaced/misdirected. Always amazes me (after all this time not sure why though) how when someone fails almost immediately that person (and that person's defenders) want to avoid self-examination; almost inevitably the fault lies within.

twistitup

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 08, 2018, 07:45:04 pm
Morris's success next year isn't going to be based on this recruiting class.  it will be based on whether he can get more out of our current team than BB could.

Bret wasn't a bad recruiter by arkansas standards, so Morris should have an average amount of talent to work with.

Agree 100%.

But he also inherits holes in the roster, particularly on both sides of the line. Have to keep that in mind as we judge performance in spring practice and possibly early next year.

I don't mind  o nearly as much as when he leaves that jackass Bart in charge to do the show. He just goes out of his way to make fun of callers. It's his only schtick and frankly, I'd like to punch him in the face, so I don't listen to his shows when he is the honcho. But then again, I rarely listen to Bo outside of football season and with hen only when he has Irwin or a national pundit on.
This is my non-signature signature.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 12:08:52 pm
Great post Vantage
Dude has a career BA of .625; well... He does in my book anyway.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Vantage 8 dude

hogsanity

What he does he does to get listeners and it must be working, look at all the people talking about him on here today.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 12:17:29 pm
Dude has a career BA of .625; well... He does in my book anyway.
You, sir are a true gentleman and scholar/genius.  ;) 8) :)

LZH

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2018, 07:06:29 am
It isn't necessary to put down Mike Norvell to make coach Morris look better. Coach Morris doesn't need that kind of help. He's a good coach.

Wha....?

DLUXHOG

Debbie's, will be Debbie's....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

jswineberiaskirk

I give Bo about a much credence as I do Nancy Pelosi, that is to say none at all. Stopped listening to that show a long time ago, shortly after I started. 

hogsanity

Quote from: LZH on February 09, 2018, 12:23:22 pm
Wha....?

Guv still thinks Norvell is the best coach in America
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LZH

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 12:28:59 pm

I was wondering where that came from. Maybe he is that good, but only Guv could take someone giving Morris a complement and turn it into some underhanded slight towards Norvell.

However, while we are at it, if he was the next coming of Saban why wasn't he picked up by Arkansas or Tennessee or Ole Miss or some other high-profile program?

hogsanity

Quote from: LZH on February 09, 2018, 12:42:03 pm
I was wondering where that came from. Maybe he is that good, but only Guv could take someone giving Morris a complement and turn it into some underhanded slight towards Norvell.

However, while we are at it, if he was the next coming of Saban why wasn't he picked up by Arkansas or Tennessee or Ole Miss or some other high-profile program?

Well, Guv says it is because the only job Norvell was going to leave Memphis for was the Arkansas job, so Om, Tn, FL, or no one else bothered to call.

RagingHawgOn

Bo is like Todd McShay.  I've never understood how either has managed to stick around.

HogPharmer

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 12:44:24 pm
Well, Guv says it is because the only job Norvell was going to leave Memphis for was the Arkansas job, so Om, Tn, FL, or no one else bothered to call.

Either that or he sent too many dick pics to the cheerleader squad and nobody wants to be the school he's coaching at when he gets busted for doing it one too many times.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hogsanity

Quote from: HogPharmer on February 09, 2018, 12:47:32 pm
Either that or he sent too many dick pics to the cheerleader squad and nobody wants to be the school he's coaching at when he gets busted for doing it one too many times.

Well, sure, there is always a legit reason or two.

elksnort

Quote from: LZH on February 09, 2018, 12:23:22 pm
Wha....?
I know it's juvenile, but I gave him a smite for his inane comment regarding your post.

elksnort

Quote from: HogPharmer on February 09, 2018, 12:47:32 pm
+1
Posts like these are good. Reminds me of an author I have been reading layely- Carl Hiaasen.

LZH

Quote from: elksnort on February 09, 2018, 12:56:08 pm
I know it's juvenile, but I gave him a smite for his inane comment regarding your post.

Guv being Guv.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on February 09, 2018, 12:09:49 pm
Agree 100%.

But he also inherits holes in the roster, particularly on both sides of the line. Have to keep that in mind as we judge performance in spring practice and possibly early next year.

I don't mind  o nearly as much as when he leaves that jackass Bart in charge to do the show. He just goes out of his way to make fun of callers. It's his only schtick and frankly, I'd like to punch him in the face, so I don't listen to his shows when he is the honcho. But then again, I rarely listen to Bo outside of football season and with hen only when he has Irwin or a national pundit on.
I wish Bo and Bart would move on OUT OF STATE and Mike Irwin and Clay Henry would take over

Hawgndaaz

People getting mad when someone isn't a sunshine pumper on the radio. Bo is spot on, negative or not. We have been, and are still behind in recruiting. Bielema didn't pan out, and left Morris with very little time to patch dozens of holes all over the field.

He wasn't blaming the new coach, just saying its going to be a while til it gets better. I agree.

Bo has to get people to pay attention in the offseason just like every other program. He just spends his on stuff like this. Tune into the other show, and they are talking about drug and alcohol addiction.

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 09, 2018, 01:38:04 pm
Tune into the other show, and they are talking about drug and alcohol addiction.

If I had to listen to the other show I would be addicted to one or both of those things.

DeltaBoy

Bo is Crawfishing today some folks must have chewed on his 6 about it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 09, 2018, 02:27:05 pm
Bo is Crawfishing today some folks must have chewed on his 6 about it.

or now he is playing to another group trying to get listeners.

SooieGeneris

I didn't hear the show in question, so no comment on that particular show. As we speak Bo is on a rant about "negativity." Wonder where that came from ;)?

When he starts "being Bort Bielingly", I turn the channel or turn it off. He comes across as an arrogant little troll which is why I rarely listen. When I do it is to see who the guests are. He does have some good guests who I enjoy getting the perspective of on us or CFB or CBB in general.

Listening to Dabo Swinney or another coach from Clemson who coached with Morris there, don't recall his name, or someone like that gives valuable info on what to expect from our new coach.

He has a lot of good guests actually. It's when he starts taking calls or going on his little rants that I usually exercise my right to hit the off button. Like Jim Rome and a lot of other hosts, Bo likes to stir the pot and get irate callers or "me too-ers" to up the ratings.

He plays "devil's advocate". Before Morris was hired, Bo was on his soap box, tub thumping for him as the greatest thing since Lombardi. Now, he is throwing cold water on any expectations and starting the "you can't win in the SEC without all 4-5 star players" and how we have to recruit better players than what we have, yada, yada, yada. I'm paraphrasing, but I get tired of all this blather within days after signing day.

It can't help recruiting for people to parrot his "at the end of the day" cliches about our recruiting or lack thereof. It's not his job to don pom-poms and cheerlead for us, it's also not his job to run the program down. When posters on here take his claims as the gospel, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, creating a kind of narrative that no coach can win here. Not true!

When most programs have back to back years like we had in 2010-11, the talking heads and "ditto-heads" say the sky is falling, it won't last. When another program does that, they say make way for the new dynasty...

The talking heads always lump Alabama and Auburn together like they are equal, when they are not! Look at the won-loss record the last 5-10 years. When was the last time Saban was said to be on the "hot seat?"

Bo is just being Bo, so just keep your preset finger limbered up and ready at all times.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Tim

Just so I'm clear, most posters just want sunshine and rainbows on the radio?  No criticism is allowed? 

hogsanity

Quote from: Tim on February 09, 2018, 02:42:11 pm
Just so I'm clear, most posters just want sunshine and rainbows on the radio?  No criticism is allowed? 

They want sunshine and rainbows about coaches they like or ad's they like.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

RME

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cotton

Quote from: hogsanity on February 09, 2018, 12:28:59 pm
I think Pig in the Pokey out did Guv.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GrantTolley

I don't see that at all... Bo usually does a good job of letting the callers make their points and he steers it back to the middle for perspective. I don't hear him as being "negative" or a "homer" either. I think he usually looks at different sides of every argument and he seems to let the callers make their points and is generally respectful of their opinions. He is a little sarcastic, but its usually pretty funny.
He gets some great regulars, too. Michael from Stuttgart, Tigerbait, Eddie from Clarksville, Tim from Little Rock... golden radio when those guys call.
I think we are lucky to have Bo here in Arkansas, he's good enough to go to a bigger market if he wanted to but I think he likes it here.

hogsanity

Quote from: GrantTolley on February 09, 2018, 04:13:02 pm
I don't see that at all... Bo usually does a good job of letting the callers make their points and he steers it back to the middle for perspective. I don't hear him as being "negative" or a "homer" either. I think he usually looks at different sides of every argument and he seems to let the callers make their points and is generally respectful of their opinions. He is a little sarcastic, but its usually pretty funny.
He gets some great regulars, too. Michael from Stuttgart, Tigerbait, Eddie from Clarksville, Tim from Little Rock... golden radio when those guys call.
I think we are lucky to have Bo here in Arkansas, he's good enough to go to a bigger market if he wanted to but I think he likes it here.

These guys see him as negative because he is not all " it's all good, the Hogs can win with lesser talent if they will just try harder" etc. Whats funny is they make fun of Rick Schaffer for saying exactly those type of things.

The OTR

I'm with twist on this one as usual.  I blame Bo for jellygate, lobstergate,  bens apartmentgate, fartgate, windbreakergate and weightgate.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

twistitup

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on February 09, 2018, 04:22:50 pm
I'm with twist on this one as usual.  I blame Bo for jellygate, lobstergate,  bens apartmentgate, fartgate, windbreakergate and weightgate.

Titogate

Pepsigate

Fritopiegate

Designateddrivergate

CoachAndersongate

Bodybyherbgate

Karmagate

Ashgate

Pittmangate

Chaneygate

Storeygate

Hammondsgate

Allengate

Colegate

3-4gate

pigz

Alright twist and porksoda. Radio famous
You guys have a good time frig dancing

The OTR

Quote from: twistitup on February 09, 2018, 04:41:35 pm
Titogate

Pepsigate

Fritopiegate

Designateddrivergate

CoachAndersongate

Bodybyherbgate

Karmagate

Ashgate

Pittmangate

Chaneygate

Storeygate

Hammondsgate

Allengate

Colegate

3-4gate

Nice comprehensive list.

Hawgphat

Quote from: jswineberiaskirk on February 09, 2018, 12:28:12 pm
I give Bo about a much credence as I do Nancy Pelosi, that is to say none at all. Stopped listening to that show a long time ago, shortly after I started.
I am honoring you with a melodic rendition of "Amen" as I type.

twistitup

We just got the #1 DE in the country....Bo has spent days saying we are worst in the SEC in rankings...uhhh doesn't fit the agenda

LZH

Quote from: elksnort on February 09, 2018, 12:56:08 pm

;D

snoblind

Quote from: GrantTolley on February 09, 2018, 04:13:02 pm

That's difference between us.  The only time I listen is when I happen to be driving, but the nature of the job is I might be in the vehicle for 15-30 minutes   One of those callers comes on and it immediately gets changed. 

I heard a portion of his rant today.  Calling out Twist and Porksoda was amusing.  Defending Bart's rant on Long's firing was not.  Guess I have little patience with anyone who isn't capable of understanding why Long needed to go.

Since we know they are reading this I'd like to see Bart show in a forum like this and defend his views.

PorkSoda

Quote from: pigz on February 09, 2018, 05:04:22 pm
Alright twist and porksoda. Radio famous
wait, what?  I got called out on a radio show in arkansas? for what, lol?

im gonna have to see if they have a stream recorded on there website.  I've never been famous before.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

pigz

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 09, 2018, 09:22:56 pm
wait, what?  I got called out on a radio show in arkansas? for what, lol?

im gonna have to see if they have a stream recorded on there website.  I've never been famous before.

Bo called out you and a twistitoff, I had just got in my car so I'm not sure what it was in reference to other than this thread.
You guys have a good time frig dancing

KlubhouseKonnected

February 09, 2018, 10:03:19 pm #149 Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:46:36 pm by KlubhouseKonnected

Bo has figured out that he can Mike from Stuttgart all by himself and save on accepting the collect calls from rehab.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.