Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scott Frost UCF (Was under Chip Kelly)

Started by Hogindasticks, November 17, 2017, 01:03:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

What yall think?

Where do I start with Frost? How about the fact that he was the offensive guru behind Marcus Mariota's Heisman Trophy campaign in 2014? Still think that was just a product of Oregon? OK, what about the fact that in his second season after inheriting 0-12 UCF, Frost is currently leading the No. 1 scoring offense in America? Want me to stop asking questions?

Hogindasticks

In the first College Football Playoff National Championship Game, two young, offensive wizards stood on opposite sidelines.

One was 39-year-old Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman. His meteoric rise in the coaching profession hit new heights when third-string Buckeye quarterback Cardale Jones led the Buckeyes to dominant showings in the Big Ten Championship and in the College Football Playoff semifinal against Alabama.

The other coach was 40-year-old Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost. After becoming a staple on Chip Kelly's staff, Frost stayed under Mark Helfrich to lead the Ducks' high-powered attack. In the second year of the post-Kelly era, Frost led the No. 4 offense in the country and was the mastermind behind Marcus Mariota's Heisman Trophy season.

Herman's offense won a shootout that night, and Herman got his first gig as a head coach at Houston. Frost, meanwhile, waited another year before he also left to take over an American Athletic Conference program.

After two seasons at Houston, Herman became the most coveted head coach candidate in America. LSU swung and missed on a chance to land Herman, and he went to Texas. Had there been more SEC openings, Herman would've had even more interest.

This offseason, there could be plenty of SEC jobs available. The likes of Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M could all have vacancies.

They'd be wise not to whiff on Frost.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Paul

I would like to have him but it's unlikely he'd come & more unlikely he's stay.    For these reasons I prefer Norvell

Hogindasticks

Only making 2 mill over 5 years on extension.....its wide open

outlawhogeywells

would he eventually go to Nebraska if the opportunity arose?  Leaving us to start over again

Hogindasticks

Wildhog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 17, 2017, 01:26:19 pm
would he eventually go to Nebraska if the opportunity arose?  Leaving us to start over again

I don't really care, as long as he wins a lot of games while he's here.

Also, we have no idea if he even wants the Nebraska job.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

BroyledNutts

Frost is one of the up and comers in college football. He will land somewhere big eventually - we might as well take our shot on him now. He could not do worse here than what has been.
Norvell is a little unproven, but he's also a future CFB star, and supposedly he wants to come here - would not be a bad choice.
Gus is an offensive guru - but his success is anchored in highly skilled offensive recruits, which Alabama and surrounding make a lot of - can he have continued success here with lesser talent?

Hogindasticks

Go straight to the pinnacle to the SEC West.....