Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do ya'll like my yard pet??

Started by 1highhog, August 21, 2010, 10:24:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

A couple of months ago, my son-in-law had a bear come and visit his house, he was'nt scared at all because he just walked right up on the back porch, where they had just finished grilling out, and took a good look around.  The back side of their house is almost all glass windows overlooking the mountain they live on.  Anyway, this bear sighting was not something they wanted to see come around, especially one that seemed so unafraid of human contact.  They went quite awhile not seeing him until yesterday which was the 20th.  My son-in-law, Adam, had placed a deer feeder about 30 yards away from his window, you know, just because he loves to look at the beauty of nature,  ;) ;).  When he got home yesterday, he decided to go and look at his camera and as he walked around the corner of his house he noticed the feeder had fallen over.  He figured the wind couldn't have blown it over as heavy as it was, but anyway, he walked over to it and started to put it back together, and then checked the pictures.  Take a look at the pictures and look at the timeline of the pictures when they were taken, he "just" missed that bear!

1highhog

1highhog

1highhog

August 21, 2010, 10:47:00 pm #3 Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:50:19 pm by 1highhog
3rd picture is the last one of my son in law, he arrives just a couple of minutes after the Bear takes off.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

That one is gonna need to be moved. 
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 23, 2010, 10:36:09 pm
That one is gonna need to be moved. 

I agree before you have to shoot it.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: 1highhog on August 21, 2010, 10:24:34 pm
A couple of months ago, my son-in-law had a bear come and visit his house, he was'nt scared at all because he just walked right up on the back porch, where they had just finished grilling out, and took a good look around.  The back side of their house is almost all glass windows overlooking the mountain they live on.  Anyway, this bear sighting was not something they wanted to see come around, especially one that seemed so unafraid of human contact.  They went quite awhile not seeing him until yesterday which was the 20th.  My son-in-law, Adam, had placed a deer feeder about 30 yards away from his window, you know, just because he loves to look at the beauty of nature,  ;) ;).  When he got home yesterday, he decided to go and look at his camera and as he walked around the corner of his house he noticed the feeder had fallen over.  He figured the wind couldn't have blown it over as heavy as it was, but anyway, he walked over to it and started to put it back together, and then checked the pictures.  Take a look at the pictures and look at the timeline of the pictures when they were taken, he "just" missed that bear!

Where does he live 1Highhog?  He must have spooked that bear when he walked up to check the feeder... appears that way from the times on those pictures....would make me want to stay in the house a little more if I lived there......
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

1highhog

They are on 90 acres on top of a Mountain (big hill) overlooking Mena, it's a nice view.  They just finished building the house not to long ago and yes, I agree, this Bear is way to inquisitive and really needs to be moved.

Dillar Dog

He looks delicious.  The bear, not the son-in-law....

For real, though.....    that bear would be a key player in some opf the best stew I've ever made.

1highhog

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 28, 2010, 09:45:50 pm
He looks delicious.  The bear, not the son-in-law....

For real, though.....    that bear would be a key player in some opf the best stew I've ever made.

I'm glad you cleared that up for me Dillar Dog,,,

Dillar Dog

no problem.  didn't want anyone to think i'm more of a weirdo than they already do.

next time i whip up some bear stew, i'll be sure to invite everyone.

Tusk21

I have never eaten bear, but heard that it was nasty. I am really looking forward to trying it when I get a chance. What is the best way to prepare the meat?

1highhog

I never have either, I guess my son-in-law needs to lay this bear to rest and get Dillar Dog to cook it up for us.

twistitup

Bear is good. Just like any animal- the bigger, the tougher and stronger...Stew, steaks, etc...it's all good!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Ftsmithmike

Quote from: Tusk21 on August 29, 2010, 02:54:00 pm
I have never eaten bear, but heard that it was nasty. I am really looking forward to trying it when I get a chance. What is the best way to prepare the meat?

I have been known to smoke a shoulder which is great. And then the bear tacos will knock you out. I cant think of a better roast. I also live on a big hill overlooking the river valley and wish I had his problem.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."