Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slowest team in the SEC

Started by Lanny, October 07, 2017, 09:18:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

I've been saying this for the past 3 years.  No playmakers on offense or defense.  Recruiting has been horrendous.  This coaching staff is beyond pitiful but do you want Jeff Long hiring the next coach?  This AD gave a 7-6 coach the buyout Arkansas is stuck with, unreal!
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Seebs

I figured you would be chin deep in Mai Tais by now Lanny.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Lanny

Quote from: Seebs on October 07, 2017, 09:19:04 pm
I figured you would be chin deep in Mai Tais by now Lanny.

Not yet buy you're on to something

Al Bundy

RebelliousHog

Lanny, I've never seen you start this many threads in this short time.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

razorhog52

When your coach is huge and obviously doesn't take care of himself it rubs off.

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteNo playmakers on offense or defense.

I've never seen you take a loss this hard.

You're on the fringe of breaking your own rules regarding player bashing.

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Lanny on October 07, 2017, 09:18:22 pm
I've been saying this for the past 3 years.  No playmakers on offense or defense.  Recruiting has been horrendous.  This coaching staff is beyond pitiful but do you want Jeff Long hiring the next coach?  This AD gave a 7-6 coach the buyout Arkansas is stuck with, unreal!

We may not be able to afford Bielema's buyout right now but we can Long's. Good place to start. As in tomorrow.

farmhawg

But the Homer's brag about the depth that was being built. Amazing the people that still support the worst coach we have had in recent memory.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

rzrbackramsfan

I wonder if Bret would have been so bad had he not gotten that buyout.  Maybe he's be a little hungrier. 

Lanny

I've had enough, kept my mouth shut the past two years but as a fan and not the owner for this site,  Enough is enough.

Inexcusable for the flagship school for my state to put out a product with no pulse in the 2nd half. 

Al Bundy

Hogs-n-Roses

News flash(I know its a long time to February) but on Rivals we're 49th, 24/7 we're 64th.

hawganatic

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 07, 2017, 09:27:05 pm
I wonder if Bret would have been so bad had he not gotten that buyout.  Maybe he's be a little hungrier.

I don't think we need a "hungrier" Beliema.  Not enough material to make bigger sweatshirts for him...

HatfieldHog

Today just proved another glaring fact, "we don't have very much SEC caliber talent" on this team.  Our left offensive tackle cannot pass block an SEC caliber defensive end, he got beat all game long.  Our recievers can't get open against mediocre SEC "D" backs.

Whose fault is this?  We pay someone 4.2 million dollars to bring talent to Fayetteville, Arkansas!  USC East man-handled us today!  They aren't Bama, or LSU, or Florida, they were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the SEC, with 3 starters out from their "O" line! 

Friends, Razorbacks Football isn't going in the right direction.....

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 07, 2017, 09:29:17 pm
News flash(I know its a long time to February) but on Rivals we're 49th, 24/7 we're 64th.

I don't get on the football recruiting forum anymore or even follow it anymore (I used to eat, breathe, and sleep it) but is there still major disappointment when we lose a recruit in football?  Where were like, ahhh can't believe that guy didn't come here, what an idiot!!!

I can't blame them!  I feel bad for some of our players right now.  We've had quite a few players that are putting up better numbers in the NFL than for us! 

farmhawg

Long owns this dumpster fire. He should go now, no way should he be allowed another minute in the state.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

root_hawg

Well we dont have many scholie openings this year, Bama is in the 20s cause of the youth of their roster.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: HatfieldHog on October 07, 2017, 09:32:07 pm
Today just proved another glaring fact, "we don't have very much SEC caliber talent" on this team.  Our left offensive tackle cannot pass block an SEC caliber defensive end, he got beat all game long.  Our recievers can't get open against mediocre SEC "D" backs.

Whose fault is this?  We pay someone 4.2 million dollars to bring talent to Fayetteville, Arkansas!  USC East man-handled us today!  They aren't Bama, or LSU, or Florida, they were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the SEC, with 3 starters out from their "O" line! 

See ya

Our OT's have digressed. Could it be the "technique" being forced on them?

aloha_kid

Quote from: Lanny on October 07, 2017, 09:28:25 pm
I've had enough, kept my mouth shut the past two years but as a fan and not the owner for this site,  Enough is enough.

Inexcusable for the flagship school for my state to put out a product with no pulse in the 2nd half. 

3 defensive turnovers led to 3 touchdowns.  Turnovers happen.  And to be honest, that 3rd quarter was the worst quarter of football I've ever seen.  But you look at the last USC drive at the end of the half, bogus PI, and those 3 turnovers.  HUGE.  Yeah it was bad and it sucked watching it (so I turned it off and my blood pressure thanks me) but it wasn't terrible .... it just sucked.  Turnovers are killers.

But that oline ... I can't remember ever seeing one that bad.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 07, 2017, 09:34:31 pm
Our OT's have digressed. Could it be the "technique" being forced on them?

They have the Ole technique down pat.

Boarsnest

That is right now. I fear it will be much worse after this season. Lame duck coach next season with a horrendous record!

Calling All Hogs

After giving our coach five years and over $20 million dollars to bring the program up to speed, we now have a program that is amazed when it can make a field goal and a defense that allows an awful South Carolina team to run up the score.   

kp72204

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on October 07, 2017, 09:40:12 pm
After giving our coach five years and over $20 million dollars to bring the program up to speed, we now have a program that is amazed when it can make a field goal and a defense that allows an awful South Carolina team to run up the score.
I was impressed with the field goal too

code red

No recruit wants to play in an I formation offense   Period.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Lanny

Next coach needs to run the spread and play defense

Al Bundy

code red

That 3 front was the answer.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

JaketheSnake

Even a DECENT OL and this team is likely 6-0 right now. Terrible and ridiculous.

code red

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 07, 2017, 09:48:58 pm
Even a DECENT OL and this team is likely 6-0 right now. Terrible and ridiculous.
Oline didn't give up 90 points to A@M in Cocks.

Albert Einswine

I'm completely apathetic to Razorback football for the first time in my life. I won't dog on Bielema, I'll just say he's in over his head at Arkansas and in the SEC. He had Alverez at Wisconsin to gift him a solid program and lean on him not to totally muck it up.

I was less than thrilled with the hire at the time but kept an open mind. It hasn't worked out, and it won't. He nor his staff inspires the team. They appear fragile and wilt under adversity.

It pains me to believe that ASU would out coach and outplay this team.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

JaketheSnake

Quote from: code red on October 07, 2017, 09:52:32 pm
A terrible OL caused AA to be flushed and throw a pick 6 and then to get hit from behind and fumble for a scoop and score. We control the ball and the clock and we are 6-0. 

We are terrible as a team, but we have serviceable players at most positions. 

hawgrunner

Man that just makes me.. :puke:

Hogz87

Quote from: farmhawg on October 07, 2017, 09:25:39 pm
But the Homer's brag about the depth that was being built. Amazing the people that still support the worst coach we have had in recent memory.
Makes me wonder...

Is Bielema's approval rating five years into his tenure lower than Nutt's approval rating was during/after year five?

I was pretty low on Nutt by year about year five, but I don't think I was as low on him as I am on Bielema right now.

3kgthog

Only going to drop since all recruits and other coaches know BB isn't coaching his way out of this hole. Why commit to a guy that won't be here in three years?

Tusks

BB doesn't understand speed.  He doesn't know how to get it, coach it, when to use it and how to benefit from it.  TCU's coach does ALL THOSE THINGS
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hoggiedawg

Nuff said

rtr

I don't think they have a recruiting strategy. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Granny fan

No way do I want him hiring the next coach!  He has now given us JLS and B.B.
He is pathetic.

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: HatfieldHog on October 07, 2017, 09:32:07 pm

See ya

What are you talking about?  The pumpers here and some of the mods have been telling us we're building this the right way and the recruiting is the best it has ever been.

The Hawg Marshal

I agree with you, but in fairness to the defense, the offense gave up 21 of those points.

code red

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 07, 2017, 09:54:46 pm
A terrible OL caused AA to be flushed and throw a pick 6 and then to get hit from behind and fumble for a scoop and score. We control the ball and the clock and we are 6-0. 

We are terrible as a team, but we have serviceable players at most positions. 
The defense is horrid don't kid yourself.  The secondary is worse than last year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: tusked on October 07, 2017, 10:28:45 pm

BB doesn't understand speed.  He doesn't know how to get it, coach it, when to use it and how to benefit from it.  TCU's coach does ALL THOSE THINGS
Hell, they're all faster the he is, so he may think they're all fast!

Torqued pork

Quote from: tusked on October 07, 2017, 10:28:45 pm

I don't doubt you. For a SEC team we seem to have a large % of assistants who brought very little experience recruiting the south where speed rules.

The OTR

These games were lost because of what we didn't do two or three or four years ago with recruiting and what we haven't done in the weight room and off season more than what we have done since august 1 of this year.  I don't see any way that we can recruit our way out of this when CBB is on the hot seat and we are getting beaten every week.  He could be here five more years and I don't think he has chance to pull us out of the ditch.  We are at least five years away from a 9 or 10 win season...and that's if we get a new coach in January and he does everything right. 

Going to be a lot of long saturdays until then. 

presidenthog

Quote from: code red on October 07, 2017, 10:35:16 pm
The defense is horrid don't kid yourself.  The secondary is worse than last year.

The secondary is actually good. The linebackers are above average. The D line is straight Dookie. Outside of sosa. None of the other players would start on any other sec team. So sosa is a non factor.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: code red on October 07, 2017, 10:35:16 pm
Are you just wanting to argue?  Did I say the defense is good?

I said we have serviceable players at most positions. We have some decent corners, a couple decent LBers, Sosa would be playingrg anywhere.  Young receivers and RBs on offense.  We only have 1 OL that would play anywhere else in SEC right now. 

BroyledNutts

October 08, 2017, 01:21:34 am #45 Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 01:33:50 am by BroyledNutts
Quote from: code red on October 07, 2017, 09:47:05 pm
No recruit wants to play in an I formation offense   Period.

Are there any high school teams left that run an I formation offense? Seems like this throw back offensive scheme would be totally foreign to kids today.

In my worthless opinion only, Arkansas' future is a spread type offense with a dual threat QB ... it's the future for all programs who can't recruit like Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, et al...the big 5 star mugs that are already NFL talent are going to those winning programs, and very few are opting for anywhere else. What's left in the recruiting talent pool are kids who most likely have run some sort of spread throughout junior and senior high, are somewhat smaller, but have speed and football IQ, and are very familiar with the schemes typical of spread offense theory ... and there's a ton of them to recruit. They don't, however, have any desire to play for a plodding, monotonous, blocking scheme offense that they've either never played themselves, nor played against with any regularity. Sure, the spread O may not beat the Bamas and Clemsons of the football world...but I'd trade every 300lb. goon on the team and a loss or two every year to the NFL minor leagues if it meant the real possibility of either winning the other 10, or at least losing by the outcome of a single play or two, not by being humiliated for half the game.

Defensive players are another beast entirely - most defensive kids out of high school seem to be familiar with the "bend, don't break" mentality that comes with playing on a team with a spread offense. Get just enough stops to make the difference. Most of those kids are somewhat smaller as well, but not always; what they do typically have is speed. Unfortunately, they seem more inclined to want to play for teams that have a fast paced, head hunter style defense that blitzes a lot, floods the run lanes, and plays bump and run man on the corners. The old standard stand around, run gap zone D is not what they're typically used to, and not what kids like to play.

Future coaches could have increased success at Arkansas if some of these non-traditional styles were considered...Bobby Petrino showed us just a tiny sliver of the offensive possibilities, he just neglected defensive recruiting in the process. Find a head coach that is talented enough to recruit both sides of the ball, or hire competent assistants to get the job done, and you might have something here. It may not win championships, but good lord it has to produce better than what we've experienced the last 5 years.

onebadrubi

Quote from: code red on October 07, 2017, 09:52:32 pm

Nope neither did Arkansas.  But our oline kept us from scoring 90

Grunt

Quote from: razorhog52 on October 07, 2017, 09:23:33 pm
When your coach is huge and obviously doesn't take care of himself it rubs off.
Correct.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

HogFoo

this
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 07, 2017, 09:53:43 pm
I'm completely apathetic to Razorback football for the first time in my life. I won't dog on Bielema, I'll just say he's in over his head at Arkansas and in the SEC. He had Alverez at Wisconsin to gift him a solid program and lean on him not to totally muck it up.

I was less than thrilled with the hire at the time but kept an open mind. It hasn't worked out, and it won't. He nor his staff inspires the team. They appear fragile and wilt under adversity.

It pains me to believe that ASU would out coach and outplay this team.

Not far off from my feelings. My attitude now is check the score. If we win then watch the YouTube version. Simply not making lifestyle adjustments to compensate the 12 hour time difference.

Now waiting for MA’s boys to begin the season. Football dead at the beginning of October is sad.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"