Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brickyard 400

Started by ImHogginIt, July 23, 2017, 01:49:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

Damn ! That place looks empty  :(

MWR334

Changes are needed at Indy.  Ever since the tire debacle during the 2008 race, there has not been one entertaining Cup race at the track.

Racinray

It's a close race between this race and Pocono for the biggest snoozefest.

Buff

What happened?  I went to the gym 10 minutes into the race and came back to see  them on lap 12......weather?

Buff

Xfinity races used to sell more seats than this one has.

str8volfan

Its Letards fault the stands are empty.

MWR334

Ky Busch and Truex Jr. wreck.

Now we'll actually get a race.

str8volfan

always hate it when the best car gets taken out no matter who it is. Truex didnt do that on purpose, but he sure took him out. They had better watch out for Blaney now.

TheRazorback500

It looked to me like Busch cut the corner too far inside and drifted up. I think Truex should have given him a little more room, however.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Buff

Wish I could see the race.  Channel 4 here in OKC breaks away every 5 minutes for a weather update.  Thunderstorms are moving across pieces of Oklahoma.  No hail or tornadoes reported, just storms.  These guys love putting themselves on tv.

Racinray

str8volfan

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on July 23, 2017, 06:11:37 pm
It looked to me like Busch cut the corner too far inside and drifted up. I think Truex should have given him a little more room, however.
you must not be watching the same race as the rest of the world then. Truex lost it and took Busch out, plain and simple. He even admitted it.

Buff

Nasty wreck.  Bowyer and Kurt Busch took some hard hits in that. 

str8volfan

they would have thrown a debris caution anyway. No way they were letting Bayne win that one by 10 seconds.

Buff

Wow, that may have been the dumbest thing I have ever seen Jimmie Johnson do

ImHogginIt

Turned out to be a very entertaining race after all

str8volfan

I find myself pulling for Kahne.

Buff

Wow it happened again.  Too many cars in that one to count.  That's one thing I love about this track - the chaos on that narrow, enclosed front stretch when they all forget how to restart.

str8volfan

this bull is exactly what NASCAR wants, I friggin hate it. This has dragged out way too long.

Buff

Quote from: str8volfan on July 23, 2017, 07:31:40 pm
this bull is exactly what NASCAR wants, I friggin hate it. This has dragged out way too long.

Eh, they've been trying to manufacture excitement for years now, and the harder they try, the lower the ratings go.  It's WWE on wheels anymore. 

I still get pissed when I think about that time they ran the last 4 laps at Talladega under a debris caution and gave the win to Jeff Gordon.

str8volfan

Im not sure that they are gonna finish this one before dark.

str8volfan

Quote from: Buff on July 23, 2017, 07:33:58 pm
Eh, they've been trying to manufacture excitement for years now, and the harder they try, the lower the ratings go.  It's WWE on wheels anymore. 

I still get pissed when I think about that time they ran the last 4 laps at Talladega under a debris caution and gave the win to Jeff Gordon.
what chaps my ass more than anything else, is when the reporters try and push the drivers until they say something negative.

Buff

Did Nascar just delay a caution flag just long enough for Kahne to cross the overtime line?

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on July 23, 2017, 07:54:59 pm
Did Nascar just delay a caution flag just long enough for Kahne to cross the overtime line?

That was painfully obvious that they did that

str8volfan

they had to guys, they would have never got the race restarted, its friggin dark. Kahne deserved the win, he held the lead.

Buff

I'd ask how a track like the Brickyard doesn't have lights, but after seeing the attendance today I'm not sure they could afford them.

str8volfan

its pretty simple actually, they start their races at noon, like all races should be. Im not sure what NASCAR is doing starting races at 3, but Im not a fan of it and apparently most of the drivers arent either.

DeWayne R

Good Demolition derby napcar.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

Racinray

str8volfan

Im pretty sure every one of my fantasy drivers were taken out today. I had Busch, Blaney, Larson, and Suarez.

berryhog

Quote from: Buff on July 23, 2017, 08:06:54 pm
I'd ask how a track like the Brickyard doesn't have lights, but after seeing the attendance today I'm not sure they could afford them.

No kidding.  At this point, I'm not sure what can be done to get people in the stands.  Decreasing the amount of races on the schedule should probably the first move, IMO. 

Buff

These races are meaningless until we get to the Playoff

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on July 23, 2017, 09:41:55 pm
These races are meaningless until we get to the Playoff

Say what ? These guys are trying to make the playoffs plus add playoff points so they are getting more aggressive each race

str8volfan

it was a decent race after Truex took Busch out. It is what it is, but NASCAR is gonna have a black eye after this one. I had absolutely no problem with how it ended, but alot of people need something to argue about.

Buff

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 23, 2017, 09:47:14 pm
Say what ? These guys are trying to make the playoffs plus add playoff points so they are getting more aggressive each race

It'll be the same guys at the end of the season fighting it out.  The guys getting more aggressive are just causing wrecks.  I have gotten to like the race sequences, but wish each sequence didn't end in caution.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Buff on July 23, 2017, 10:39:00 pm
It'll be the same guys at the end of the season fighting it out.  The guys getting more aggressive are just causing wrecks.  I have gotten to like the race sequences, but wish each sequence didn't end in caution.

Some of us like the wrecks. I'll take todays race over almost all races we've seen this year. Kept me on edge waiting to see what happened next

holeinthewall

Quote from: ImHogginIt on July 23, 2017, 07:57:38 pm
That was painfully obvious that they did that

Yes they did.  Was total BS.   

riccoar

Quote from: Buff on July 23, 2017, 07:54:59 pm
Yeah they did.  I get it was because of lighting, but with a 2.5 mile track, they should have at least waited until every driver crossed the caution line.

Buff

Ryan Newman says light wasn't an issue, they could still see just fine.

riccoar

Quote from: Buff on July 24, 2017, 08:02:12 am
Ryan Newman says light wasn't an issue, they could still see just fine.
Probably but even the guys on TV said the cameras on TV did not accurately portray how dark it was.  It stays green and the top 3 finish the same anyway, but you allowed those 3 across the line and then throw the caution and it freezes everyone else.  Even those who wrecked.

Buff

Ryan Newman finished 3rd.  I'd take his opinion of lighting conditions over the TV guys.

riccoar

Quote from: Buff on July 24, 2017, 11:33:41 am
Ryan Newman finished 3rd.  I'd take his opinion of lighting conditions over the TV guys.
And had fresher tires than 1&2 but never did mount a serious battle for 1&2 on restarts.  He was not finishing any higher than 3rd.

str8volfan

the pace car had the lights on during the last restart.