Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks @ Missouri

Started by Razorbacks#1, February 04, 2017, 04:29:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Athog

Quote from: TebowHater on February 04, 2017, 07:09:44 pm
You can blame the fans for this hire. He was forced to hire MA. Literally would have been run out of town if he did not

I totally agree! Everyone thought we were getting Nolan
back. Just is not to be and looks bad going forward!!

Razorbacks#1

Well, I try and keep my personal feelings to my self, but that was, undeniably the worst loss that I have witnessed this year, I mean, laughing stock loss, across not only the SEC, but the entire Collegiate Basketball world. Unreal.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

idochog

I wish I could get paid 3million to put out crap like this
I love Jesus!

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

wupigsuey

Quote from: Athog on February 04, 2017, 07:17:30 pm
I totally agree! Everyone thought we were getting Nolan
back. Just is not to be and looks bad going forward!!

So if we hired him, we can fire him, no?
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

XavierZane

I don't think there's any chance that we fire Mike anytime soon, but if we did at the end of this season it would be one of the most foolish things the program has ever done.  We're in better shape than we have been since the 90s, off to our best start since then, in the thick of Tourney talk, and with two stellar recruiting classes coming in.  Mike is in the process of delivering what he promised, and no single loss changes that.  For those whose opinions don't change minute-by-minute based on a lead, or game-by-game based on the result, this is clear.

3kgthog

Quote from: XavierZane on February 04, 2017, 07:21:07 pm
I don't think there's any chance that we fire Mike anytime soon, but if we did at the end of this season it would be one of the most foolish things the program has ever done.  We're in better shape than we have been since the 90s, off to our best start since then, in the thick of Tourney talk, and with two stellar recruiting classes coming in.  Mike is in the process of delivering what he promised, and no single loss changes that.  For those whose opinions don't change minute-by-minute based on a lead, or game-by-game based on the result, this is clear.

I'm happy to see that they've extended the internet access period at your mental facility.

Sivad

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 04, 2017, 07:14:08 pm
Should be done but Long won't
Because he is NolAnderson.
Enough of that crap.
Reparations are paid in full to old Nolan.

XavierZane

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 04, 2017, 07:23:46 pm
I'm happy to see that they've extended the internet access period at your mental facility.

Deflecting and ad hominem attacks don't make it seem like you have much of a counterargument.  Fan impatience has set back the program several times since 2000.  Doing it again is insane, especially coming off of what looks to be his best year while here. 

The real Hogules

Quote from: XavierZane on February 04, 2017, 07:11:46 pm
And the game ended how the whole thing went, with the refs missing an obvious foul committed by Missouri.     :puke:

Bad loss, one we should have easily won even after it was clear that all the variables were against us tonight. 

But on to the next one!  Go Hogs! :razorback: 
Variables my @$$! Our players "SHOULD BE ABLE" to beat this team by 20-30 points on their home court. Instead we have the basketball version of HDN, who wins a couple he probably shouldn't, lose a couple you shouldn't and never reach their true potential. Also neither Nutt, nor Anderson will make obvious changes to their coaching staffs.
I've never called for Anderson to be fired before, but if assistants heads don't roll, I hope his
I've never called for Mike to be fired before, but if he is unwilling to make some changes I hope his head rolls as well!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

MemphisBossHog

I will admit I got wrapped up in the nostalgia the day Mike was hired.  He had done well every place he had been.  He had recruited well every place he had been.  He had some problems winning on the road in the Big 12 but the Big 12 is a heck of a league, so no shame in that.

But its painfully obvious that Mike is no Nolan.  He might know how Nolan coached but he does not command the respect that Nolan did on the sideline.  Plus, they outlawed hand checking and that put a crimp in Nolan's defensive style before he retired.

Anyway, I try to watch the offensive movement of the Hogs especially down the stretch and they seem out of sync.  They turn the ball over. They stand and watch a lot and there is a lot of dribbling. They miss a lot of FTs lately.  They lost by 5 pts tonight and they missed EIGHT FTs.   8!!!   I mean come on guys, make your FTs.

And Moses Kingsley???  Pre season POY for the SEC?????? what a freakin joke.  Im not bashing him but I am pointing out that he contributed a whopping 4 pts, 2 reb, 1 blk, 1 assist.  Does he have the flu?  Is he injured?   He was playing against a team with 5 wins and that was all he could muster??  Well, he is important to the Hogs team.  They count on more than 4/2/1/1.  We lost by 5 and our preseason POY posted a 4/2/1/1 stat line. 

This game was the best win MO has had all year long and they revel in the fact that it hurts our post season chances.  Mike and the players had to know that Missouri was going to play with all they had and give it all they got and they did.

We outrebounded them by 7.  We had one more 3 pointer. We had just one less FG over all but we missed 8 FTs.  They missed 6 of 29.  I hate playing teams with absolutely nothing to lose and who hate us enough to be extra motivated to win a game like this.  Its like Mike and the staff dont know how to handle this situation.    Well, its like Razorbacks #1 said--this is the worst loss he has seen in a long time and its a "laughing stock across the nation" type loss.  I wish I could hear what Mike says tonight.  I bet he just gives MO credit and wont say his team did anything wrong, just ran out of time or some horse***t statement.

wupigsuey

Mike is Nolan. Nolan wasn't fired because he was winning games. The style of play has passed. It had passed when we hired Mike.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

hobhog

Quote from: TebowHater on February 04, 2017, 07:09:44 pm
You can blame the fans for this hire. He was forced to hire MA. Literally would have been run out of town if he did not

True. And I understood it and was behind it. Didn't work out.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: XavierZane on February 04, 2017, 07:11:46 pm
And the game ended how the whole thing went, with the refs missing an obvious foul committed by Missouri.     :puke:

Bad loss, one we should have easily won even after it was clear that all the variables were against us tonight. 

But on to the next one!  Go Hogs! :razorback: 
Sure glad Lsdo got their bass beat today by anm. I feel a little better. Or do I?
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!