Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anybody trust Long to make the right hire? Is our job even a top 20 job

Started by jaxhog64, February 04, 2017, 10:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxhog64

any longer?

I think we are a clear 3rd best job behind Fla and KY right now with the potential to pass Fla given some steady success, but I wonder what the up and coming coaches think about the UA job.

We gotta make the right hire if Mike doesn't make the NCAAT again, need a good young coach with a little fire in the belly and great recruiter....No more in state talent leaves for KY or Fla, we need to convince them to come to the UA.

hobhog

navyhog24

Jeff Long will make another crappy hire like he's done with all of his hires. They all suck. Can we fire his lame duck arse as well?

The_Iceman

I personally do. He has made good hires on paper. Mike Anderson was a good hire when looking at his history at Mizzou and UAB. But unless you are some blinded idiot, then you know he has not succeeded here and it is time to let him go.

I think with the $40 million check from the SEC we just got, we have the money to buyout Mike and get a quality head coach. This program is in good shape. Good academics, good arena, new practice facility and the Jones athletic center, and good recruiting classes lined up.

The_Iceman

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 04, 2017, 10:44:08 pm
Jeff Long will make another crappy hire like he's done with all of his hires. They all suck. Can we fire his lame duck arse as well?

Jeff Long makes great hires at the time. All of his hires have had great resumes and prior success. Just because they didn't succeed here doesn't mean he makes crappy hires.

I think he could get a good coach here.

Knot2brite

The first question ....I don't know

Second question: hmmm....decent facilities, p5 conference that is weak for the most part, fans who are starved for fundamental basketball and will support you to the ends of the world if you win, a tradition of basketball from many years ago that needs a new savior, a state that can produce talent regularly....

Yeah I think one could argue this is a top 20 job
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hulk hog

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 04, 2017, 10:44:08 pm
If he is not already talking to the next basketball coach then I'm all for it.   
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

hulk hog

Yes.

Yes. Fan support, revenue, facilities, tradition and in-state recruits all support it.

Rank   
21st   Revenue 2015-16: $16.3 M
12th   Attendance 2015-16 (during a .500 season)
10th  Merchandise sales 2015-16
20th   All Time Win pct
7th   All Time Avg wins per season (17)
8th   with 6 Final Fours Appearances
16th   NCAA Appearances(considering the last 20 years that's pretty impressive)
18th   NCAA Tourney Wins (see above)
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

hobhog