Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long said last month that Smith was still a candidate to remain with the Razorbacks, even after an e

Started by cardinalwhite99, November 24, 2012, 01:23:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cardinalwhite99

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8668259/john-l-smith-back-coach-arkansas-razorbacks

Are you serious? This really worries me and for the most part proves this thing hasn't been locked up.  Still a canidate after the four loss skid? I hope Long understands how important this hire is. 

Hogbrokerz

Quote from: cardinalwhite99 on November 24, 2012, 01:23:56 pm
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8668259/john-l-smith-back-coach-arkansas-razorbacks

Are you serious? This really worries me and for the most part proves this thing hasn't been locked up.  Still a canidate after the four loss skid? I hope Long understands how important this hire is.

This was nothing more than "AD speak". It was probably said because he knew he needed more time to secure the right coach and he wanted JLS to continue to work hard for the team, or to at least have the public believe JLS was working hard for the team.
Jack Bauer can strangle you with a cordless phone.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Hogbrokerz

In the OP's defense, he wasn't saying JL still considered JLS a candidate. He just saw the quote and decided to point out that "why was JL still considering JLS a candidate to the media last month".

alohawg

Smith may well be borderline senile but he ain't that stupid, he had to know he was done at that point. I agree, merely AD speak.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Break & Run

Quote from: cardinalwhite99 on November 24, 2012, 01:23:56 pm

If you beleive this, I feel sorry for you......
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Brand X Hog Fan

Integrity. JL said he wouldn't make a decision until after the last game. Guess he made the decision, huh? 5News reporting JLS is out the door.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Hogbrokerz

The_Iceman

Quote from: Brand X Hog Fan on November 24, 2012, 01:32:22 pm
Integrity. JL said he wouldn't make a decision until after the last game. Guess he made the decision, huh? 5News reporting JLS is out the door.

Huh?

cardinalwhite99

Quote from: Hogbrokerz on November 24, 2012, 01:26:32 pm
This was nothing more than "AD speak". It was probably said because he knew he needed more time to secure the right coach and he wanted JLS to continue to work hard for the team, or to at least have the public believe JLS was working hard for the team.
I hope your right.  He should have canned JLS after LA-Monrue.  This team finished #5 in the country last year.  Hired saggy balls and this is what we got.

BallHog1

Anybody that has expressed interest is a "candidate" for heaven's sake. Hatred for John L and Jeff L is making people severly overreact to everything they read. John L isn't coming back, at least not as head coach.

BigE_23

Quote from: cardinalwhite99 on November 24, 2012, 01:46:30 pm
I hope your right.  He should have canned JLS after LA-Monrue.  This team finished #3 in the country last year.  Hired saggy balls and this is what we got.

We finished #5 last year...which proves that you don't have your facts together and you are posting based on emotions. Get it together.

m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=7445372