Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro Club

Started by The Hawg Marshal, May 06, 2011, 11:25:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

What is the reason that there is not a Jonesboro Razorback Club? Anybody know?

j-mann

i am from jonesboro no idea but i do know the local media shoved  A-State down our throats  and Ole miss Memphis   i have always been a hog fan i know a coach from Danny ford staff stave Clayton    great great  man   does play by play for channel 15 high school football   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

ricepig

Quote from: j-mann on May 06, 2011, 06:43:07 pm
i am from jonesboro no idea but i do know the local media shoved  A-State down our throats  and Ole miss Memphis   i have always been a hog fan i know a coach from Danny ford staff stave Clayton    great great  man   does play by play for channel 15 high school football   

Seriously, Clayton was a college coach? Surely he was a GA or something, I don't see him as a college coach. I'm not sure the reason why there isn't one in Jonesboro, but I can understand not having one here, no need to rub it in any worse than it is. There are plenty of clubs close by, Paragould, Batesville, etc.

j-mann

i know  so because he let me look at a 1995 Ark playbook  1 day in class   he was my 12 grade health teach for a semester   is was me and a lot  of Jr high  kids  very hands off teach   i think he was the RB/TE Coach   from 94-97    did not talk to him a lot because i did not want be a brown noser    he was good at handing out stuff from the textbook but not a good public  speaker  he had a thick  voice   only gave  like 1 test in 5 months   but a lot of worksheets but the playbook he showed  me was from Danny ford staff   it felt 100-120 pages a lot of basic run plays  very simple   simple pass routes   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

williams_sy

Because the local razorback club would be bigger than the red wolf club. Wouldn't want to make them cry.
The smell of corndogs just make me puke.

The Hawg Marshal

I would join if someone started one. But I don't have the time to organize one.

SEdrhawg

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on May 06, 2011, 11:25:53 am
What is the reason that there is not a Jonesboro Razorback Club? Anybody know?

Howl many members could they get?

johnnyrotten

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 16, 2011, 06:49:33 pm
I would join if someone started one. But I don't have the time to organize one.
Yeah me too.

HoggyCat

The word from Rochelle is "we don't want to infringe upon ASU"

Really?? Razorback fans outnumber ASU 5-1 here, but that gap is closing. There's "casual" fans turning their attention to ASU.

As far as the question of how many fans can Jobesboro get? There was 650+ at the Manila meeting and no telling how many got turned away. There's more than enough to have one here, and that ASU BS is just that, B FRICKIN S. Screw ASU.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

The Hawg Marshal

I think it would have a large membership.

three hog night

The Paragould Club needs to market itself to Jonesboro better.   Grow the membership and then change the name NEA Club.    It is extremely easy to do since Horton and Co will give you the names and emails of the Jonesboro Razorback Club members.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Rooka

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on May 23, 2012, 07:32:08 pm
The word from Rochelle is "we don't want to infringe upon ASU"

Really?? Razorback fans outnumber ASU 5-1 here, but that gap is closing. There's "casual" fans turning their attention to ASU.

As far as the question of how many fans can Jobesboro get? There was 650+ at the Manila meeting and no telling how many got turned away. There's more than enough to have one here, and that ASU BS is just that, B FRICKIN S. Screw ASU.

5-1??? I'm an alum and have lived in Jonesboro since the 80's, but it's probably more like 2:1 if you are counting donors/non Wal-Mart fans. I don't have a problem with there not being a "Jonesboro" club, would go for a better marketing effort from the Paragould area into a joint Greene/Craighead county club.

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on June 03, 2012, 02:10:26 pm
5-1??? I'm an alum and have lived in Jonesboro since the 80's, but it's probably more like 2:1 if you are counting donors/non Wal-Mart fans. I don't have a problem with there not being a "Jonesboro" club, would go for a better marketing effort from the Paragould area into a joint Greene/Craighead county club.

Donors or non wal mart fans????

Hog fans are Hog fans. PERIOD  All you have to do is ride around and count license plates, both team plates and official government plates, stickers, caps, shirts, etc. Go to the mall and do a head count. Go buy merchandise in town. Stores know what sells. The majority is Razorback mechandise. 

AND THAT'S IN THEIR HOME TOWN!!!!!!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on June 04, 2012, 06:34:48 pm
Donors or non wal mart fans????

Hog fans are Hog fans. PERIOD  All you have to do is ride around and count license plates, both team plates and official government plates, stickers, caps, shirts, etc. Go to the mall and do a head count. Go buy merchandise in town. Stores know what sells. The majority is Razorback mechandise. 

AND THAT'S IN THEIR HOME TOWN!!!!!!!!!!

When they were the Indians, it was about 5-1, not now. If you would like to come sit on a corner and count with me, I'll meet you. I'm on your side, but there's a reason there isn't a club in Jonesboro.

HoggyCat

June 05, 2012, 10:20:11 pm #15 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:57:48 pm by HoggyCat
Quote from: ricepig on June 05, 2012, 09:51:24 pm
there's a reason there isn't a club in Jonesboro.

And that reason is "we do not want to I fringe upon ASU". I've heard it through my phone when I called to request the process be started, and have had several friends question it face to face with the director.

It has nothing to do with amount of fans here. They just don't want to step on their toes.....  For some stupid reason.

three hog night

Paragould just needs to market itself to Craighead county better.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

cvhog

I have had multiple discussions with the foundation about this and there are many reasons.  They are not wanting to start any new clubs at this time b/c the coaches are already spread thin going to all of the current clubs.  Also, they see Jonesboro as very close to Paragould and think we should go there.  What they don't understand is that it is a pretty good drive from the south side of Jonesboro to Paragould.  I am having a Razorback foundation fundraiser and watch party at my house in Jonesboro for the Auburn game this year.  We will be sending invitations to most foundation members in Jonesboro.  If  you are interested, PM me.

ricepig

Quote from: cvhog on July 17, 2012, 10:17:55 pm
I have had multiple discussions with the foundation about this and there are many reasons.  They are not wanting to start any new clubs at this time b/c the coaches are already spread thin going to all of the current clubs.  Also, they see Jonesboro as very close to Paragould and think we should go there.  What they don't understand is that it is a pretty good drive from the south side of Jonesboro to Paragould.  I am having a Razorback foundation fundraiser and watch party at my house in Jonesboro for the Auburn game this year.  We will be sending invitations to most foundation members in Jonesboro.  If  you are interested, PM me.

Well, if you lived in Dallas you'd think that 30 minute drive wasn't bad. Maybe we can get them to have it a meeting at the new Craighead County fairgrounds building out on 49, meet them halfway.

GreenwayTigerHog

Just split the diff and call it the Greater Goobertown Razorback Club

HoggyCat

Quote from: GreenwayTigerHog on July 18, 2012, 12:04:09 pm
Just split the diff and call it the Greater Goobertown Razorback Club

Works for me. I'm a proud citizen of G'town. LOL

bd93

I would sure as hell join!!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

three hog night

Quote from: cvhog on July 17, 2012, 10:17:55 pm

The Paragould club does not market itself to Jonesboro, so it is difficult to know of any events to participate.   

widespreadsooie

Thing about Jonesboro is that many of the large Razorback supporters are also large ASU supporters (money and whatnot), so there's a conflict of interest. People like Steve Cox come to mind.

HoggyCat

Quote from: razorback1 on August 08, 2012, 04:16:30 pm
Thing about Jonesboro is that many of the large Razorback supporters are also large ASU supporters (money and whatnot), so there's a conflict of interest. People like Steve Cox come to mind.

A lack of a Jonesboro doesn't affect this?

ricepig

Quote from: HoggyCat on August 08, 2012, 05:47:54 pm
A lack of a Jonesboro doesn't affect this?

No, we give to the Foundation, and for business purposes give to ASU also. I think the people at the Foundation know what's best for all.

Rayzor

we have a very good chapter in Mississippi Co...room for all you NE-Ark guys in the Jonesboro area.  Come on and visit.  We have Coach B scheduled for Feb 25 at the Manila Airport Center.

ricepig

Quote from: Rayzor on January 20, 2013, 10:03:21 am
we have a very good chapter in Mississippi Co...room for all you NE-Ark guys in the Jonesboro area.  Come on and visit.  We have Coach B scheduled for Feb 25 at the Manila Airport Center.

Manila has an Airport Center? I've been to stuff at the C.C. there, I'll have to drive over on the 25th.

three hog night

Quote from: Rayzor on January 20, 2013, 10:03:21 am

How do we order tickets?  How much per ticket?

Rayzor

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2013, 10:38:41 am
Manila has an Airport Center? I've been to stuff at the C.C. there, I'll have to drive over on the 25th.

Yep.  The coaches and Foundation guys like it there... they land at our airport and just walk into the banquet.  We had well over 500 for Petrino 2 yrs ago and 350+ for Anderson last year.

I've created a Facebook Event for it:
Mississippi County Razorback Club Banquet

Check out the pictures.  You can contact me through that event page if you want tickets.  FYI - our county club members get first option to buy tickets and they are selling VERY FAST!

jboro-hog

Would love to join one also. Believe it would go over great. Also tired of as who cramed our throats.