Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie With a Mission

Started by PennHOG, April 14, 2005, 10:46:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PennHOG

Hey folks I just signed up yesterday.  I now live in Harrisburg, PA but I grew up in Magnolia.  My parents still live there.  Even though I'm a Louisiana Tech alumni, I'll always be a Razorback fan.  BUT!  I HATE LSU.  Come on!  Share in my hatred!!  Folks, we don't play Texas anymore.  It's LSU that is the enemy.  Right?!?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

abq

Welcome to Hogville. Maybe I'll learn to hate them as much as texass eventually.

PennHOG

Texas has Oklahoma.  Who does LSU have?  Texas doesn't even see us as their rival.  We've already stolen a couple of SEC championships from LSU and we constantly have bitter basketball games with them.  The November 26 game is always on national TV.  It's a perfect situation. 

Plus when I was going to LA Tech I was always told that the only reason Louisiana doesn't fall into the Gult of Mexico is because Arkansas sucks.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

WindyCityHog

We're working on it.....I'm hoping we add another chapter to the budding rivalry on April 22, 23, 24.....sweep of the Tigers at Baum....

PennHOG

LSU - Ole Miss?  I never would have guessed.  I'm not buying it.

Porquemada

Quote from: PennHOG on April 14, 2005, 11:24:36 am
Plus when I was going to LA Tech I was always told that the only reason Louisiana doesn't fall into the Gult of Mexico is because Arkansas sucks.
The real reason Louisiana doesn't fall into the Gulf of Mexico is because SH*T floats.

PennHOG

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on April 14, 2005, 10:27:49 pm
Quote from: PennHOG on April 14, 2005, 11:24:36 am
The real reason Louisiana doesn't fall into the Gulf of Mexico is because SH*T floats.

Woot!!  Good 1.

Semper Hogelis

Hey Pennhog. Score me some Steelers tix ;D. You realize that they will be drafting Matt with there first pick. Fingers crossed.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

PennHOG

That would great to be able to watch him every Sunday. 

About the only tickets I have any luck getting around here is Penn State tickets.....Yuck!  Talk about a program in a downward spiral!!!

Boared

LSU and Ole Miss was a big rivalry until Saban got there. LSU has since moved on to bigger and better things, so it's not as big as it once was. LSU and Ole Miss should be our rivals (TN isn't b/c they're not a regular opponent, they just get kids from Warren). My dad got his BA from LSU in the 50's and said that Ole Miss and Arkansas had such a bloody rivalry (in the stands) that they had to stop the series for a while. The hatred should be focused on both LSU and Ole Miss.

Boared

PennHog, welcome to the board. I grew up in the Big R aka Mayberry & xferred to the U of A after my freshman year.

PennHOG

The Big R?  What is that Ruston, LA?

LSUFan

It use to be Tulane, now it is Auburn. Usually the winner of the Auburn/LSU game will win the west.

LSUFan

Quote from: PennHOG on April 14, 2005, 10:46:48 am
Hey folks I just signed up yesterday.  I now live in Harrisburg, PA but I grew up in Magnolia.  My parents still live there.  Even though I'm a Louisiana Tech alumni, I'll always be a Razorback fan.  BUT!  I HATE LSU.  Come on!  Share in my hatred!!  Folks, we don't play Texas anymore.  It's LSU that is the enemy.  Right?!?

Pull My Finger. :-*

Boared

Quote from: PennHOG on April 18, 2005, 09:56:59 am
The Big R? What is that Ruston, LA?

Yes, that would be Ruston, one of the most boring college towns in existence. The community, aside from a small group of hardcore Tech alums, really doesn't support the university, but Ruston would be nothing without it.

PennHOG

They had some pretty awsome football teams when I was going to school there.  To bad arkansas couldn't lure them.

Boared

When were you there? When I was a kid they were a solid 1AA program w/ Matt Dunnigan (CFL legend)@ QB. I saw them defeat Jerry Rice's college team when he was there. They've put several players into the NFL recently, even though they're similar to ASU in terms of being competitive & taking a buttkicking in all of those "money" games. 

PennHOG

I started in 1987, the first year they became DI.  I went to every home game for 5 years since I was in the marching band.  I remember specifically the beating Houston's run and shoot offense laid on La Tech at Independance Bowl stadium.  I'm sure Houston scored two touchdowns just before halftime when the band was standing on the sidelines waiting to go on the field.  The same for Texas A&M that same year I believe.

The band was about 75% Louisiana and 25% Arkansas.  All the arkansas members would band together when it came to discussing football outside of LA Tech.  I went to the Arkansas-La Tech game a few years ago in Little Rock.  As I recall it was a fairly close game for a while.

Boared

I don't think you'll see any more La Tech-AR games as they feel they got hosed by the SEC refs the last time they played them. Same for South Carolina. They prefer to now take butt-kickings from TN and Miami.