Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn's QB JF3 and "Last Chance U".

Started by hogwxld, October 20, 2016, 07:07:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwxld

If you haven't already, I suggest y'all watch "Last Chance U", an excellently crafted Netflix Original series released over the summer. A great football junkie "fix" while we wait for Saturday night. You'll get some insight on aubie leet qb recruiting and some other more interesting stuff.

It's a 6 episode (~45 mins eachish) docu drama of Scooba, MS football. Fantastic job at an inside look at EMCC football, kids from all backgrounds and what they have to do to get back into DIV I. Unbelievable how little it takes sometimes and how talented kids make bad choices.

aubie offered JF3 at his last game at EMCC in which he scored 6 times.  They didn't win however.  The game broke into a fight and was called. JF3 was the only winner and it was the only time he shined last year. Let me add that episode 1 opens with same said fight. Only spoiler for those interested is that JF3 is offered..and you know that already.

EMCC is the same JC penal farm school Chad Kelly came out of 2 years ago after getting booted from Clemson. (Kelly being just one of several players you prob know of..one of which even played for Hogs as shown at one point)

Better use of time imho than feeding the aubie troll squad on MMQB. Feeding trolls is more fun on a Friday night bender anyway,  or so I'm told.

Bonus: Episode 6 shows a nice cameo of a shadowy rhett lashlee presumably talking on the phone to Gus before offering JF3. Cant recommend the series enough, well made.

NuttinItUp

I watched it when it first came out before the season started.  It was really good.

They are making a second season of it now.

The coach of the team was a trip. Such a hot-head.

hogwxld

didnt know a 2nd season was coming. thats fantastic.

hot head coach and hot as hell academic advisor. someone needs bring that girl back to Arkansas to help our guys ya know? and um recruiting and stuff.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hogwxld on October 20, 2016, 07:16:45 pm
didnt know a 2nd season was coming. thats fantastic.

hot head coach and hot as hell academic advisor. someone needs bring that girl back to Arkansas to help our guys ya know? and um recruiting and stuff.

The scene with her sipping wine with her feet up was well placed. You can find out more facts about her if you look around. (like her divorce from the former basketball coach there at EMCC)

I was glad to see the three of them (JF3, Wyatt who ended up at Miss St, and Ms. Wagner) have a mini reunion at their game a couple weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/jf3_5/status/784887783450107905

I know Wyatt is redshirting this year. I hope he gets to play next year. I think he would show some toughness even though he doesn't have the same level of natural talent.

hogwxld

thats cool. i thought wyatt wasnt even going to play for ms st, just be a student. he sure was set on them. if itd been olemiss i wouldnt have pulled for him the whole show.

"ms wagner" sound naughty,. like ms jackson superbowl naughty.  ;D

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hogwxld on October 20, 2016, 07:49:07 pm
thats cool. i thought wyatt wasnt even going to play for ms st, just be a student. he sure was set on them. if itd been olemiss i wouldnt have pulled for him the whole show.

"ms wagner" sound naughty,. like ms jackson superbowl naughty.  ;D

Yeah, Wyatt is a redshirt walk-on currently. (on the scout team I think?) He was enrolled at Mississippi State as a student and wasn't planning on playing since he didn't get any offers anywhere big. He joined the team after they had another QB transfer and they were down to 3 total QBs.  (they needed a 4th) http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2016/08/14/former-emcc-qb-wyatt-roberts-joins-mississippi-state/88726124/
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2016/08/20/how-mullen-plans-use-wyatt-roberts-season-msu/89045790/

The Miss State coach called him while he was helping coach a local high school team. (He was wanting to get into coaching and they told him that it would help his prospects of coaching if he played for them.) I think he grew up as a Mississippi State fan because in the show you can see him repping them pretty hard.
Obviously if you saw the show you also know he was the starter pretty much all year until he got hurt and JF3 got a shot. (great timing for JF3)

I will not speak to the dirtiness of Ms. Wagner. :P

HogPhan

Ronald Ollie returned a blocked field goal 84 yards for a TD this past weekend.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HogPhan on October 20, 2016, 08:32:42 pm

He had a good game against UGA earlier this year

jdelo77

Quote from: HogPhan on October 20, 2016, 08:32:42 pm

That dude was a beast on the show ...

secfan30

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 20, 2016, 09:14:42 pm
Who played for the hogs?  I missed that part. 

That brawl was ugly.  Everyone of those referees should have a lifetime ban for standing around taking notes while those players were trying to kill each other.  They had already let it get out of hand anyway.

I watched it, and didn't think any of them played for us. Although one was seen wearing an Arkansas pull over once or twice.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: DMACKNOWS on October 20, 2016, 09:14:42 pm
Who played for the hogs?  I missed that part. 

I don't believe any did. (?)

Did someone mention that one did?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 20, 2016, 09:23:29 pm
I don't believe any did. (?)

Did someone mention that one did?

I believe he was being dismissive.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

ChicoHog

I watched it through and enjoyed it although it was difficult to root for many of those kids because of their behavior.  Franklin came across as a total self centered jerk most of the time.  The coach is definitely a hot head and out of control in many moments.  Most of the players care about nothing except trying to play football for a living but don't realize you have to pass classes to even play in college.  No accountability or responsibility.  The academic adviser is by far the most likeable person on the show.  She practically has to baby sit some of these kids to get them going to class and doing their assignments. 

There is also a thread on this show in Dickson st tavern.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 20, 2016, 10:09:31 pm
I watched it through and enjoyed it although it was difficult to root for many of those kids because of their behavior.  Franklin came across as a total self centered jerk most of the time.  The coach is definitely a hot head and out of control in many moments.  Most of the players care about nothing except trying to play football for a living but don't realize you have to pass classes to even play in college.  No accountability or responsibility.  The academic adviser is by far the most likeable person on the show.  She practically has to baby sit some of these kids to get them going to class and doing their assignments. 

There is also a thread on this show in Dickson st tavern.

Hey Franklin, put your fugging phone down.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Half of the players on that show can't read. It's sad to watch. I'm talking dumber than dirt people. Like, remember the part on Forrest Gump where the principal shows momma where the normal kids are on the chart vs. where Forrest Is?

The only difference is they have athletic ability instead of momma having to "really care about their schooling."
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

HogPhan

Did anyone notice once of the dline guys wearing a razorback hoody during the last episode? I wonder if he made a recruiting trip here. I actually think he ended up a Nichols State with Ollie.

clutch

Quote from: The Chief on October 21, 2016, 03:34:06 am
Half of the players on that show can't read. It's sad to watch. I'm talking dumber than dirt people. Like, remember the part on Forrest Gump where the principal shows momma where the normal kids are on the chart vs. where Forrest Is?

The only difference is they have athletic ability instead of momma having to "really care about their schooling."

Hey now, Forrest wan an All-American and world class ping pong player. I'd say he had some athletic ability too!

jdelo77

All these guys ask is who got an SEC offer ? Then when they get a scholarship offer from smaller school they say no way , a free ride is a free ride ! No student loan debt !!!!

scooby21322

Quote from: clutch on October 21, 2016, 06:46:37 am
Hey now, Forrest wan an All-American and world class ping pong player. I'd say he had some athletic ability too!

He also played for Bear Bryant at Alabama.  So, pretty much the same.

ChicoHog

Quote from: HogPhan on October 21, 2016, 06:31:39 am
Did anyone notice once of the dline guys wearing a razorback hoody during the last episode? I wonder if he made a recruiting trip here. I actually think he ended up a Nichols State with Ollie.
Yes, he was another DL and he and Ollie both ended up at Nicholls.  Can't remember his name now. 

Doyle Hograves

***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Doyle Hograves on October 22, 2016, 02:39:51 pm
Ms. Wagner is hot...

At no point was this true in term of that show.

Weirdy Kiffin has assembled quite the LCU reunion at FAU for this upcoming season.

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

WATCH: Former Auburn QB John Franklin III makes embarrassing mistake during Conference USA title game

Dropped the ball just before crossing the goal line and went into celebration mode with live ball behind him lying in the end zone. [gif at link]
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net