Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistol Pete

Quote from: jdhogster on June 15, 2009, 09:24:21 pm
If you notice, I said that the Darr move was not the reason we lost tonight, just stating my observation of when I thought maybe the momentum moved way into LSU's favor.  We got schooled tonight, LSU did A LOT right.  I don't think that equates me trying to be like the LSU fans.  Just sayin'

Sorry, I'm mad like you are... I just don't want to call out the umps for their stupidity. It didn't cost us the game.

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jfred59

Excuse me ...but what game has Patrick been watching?    Nice consistent strike zone?  He has to be watching another game on the monitor

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Clint Alan

Lyons

ground to short

TEAM               1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    R    H    E      FINAL
Lousiana St       3   1   0   0   0   5   0   0   0    9    13   0
Arkansas           1   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0    1    9    2

0 runs, 1 hits, 1 men left
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

hog.goblin

We need those FSU announcers.  Doesn't a loss give us momentum?  ;)

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HamShank

Well, announcer Douchy McGee says that the home plate ump's strike zone has been consistent all night, and you can always believe Douchy McGee.

Tejano Jawg

That was painful. Maybe I need to change my sig line.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

chiefsfan

well.  we face elimination Wednesday.  Knew we were going to have to face it at some point this year.   Might as well do it now
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

We are one strike from getting out of the first, we fail.  We draw a good opposing pitcher who is wild early on and if we can hit a lick we can get to him, we fail.  We stand so far off the plate most of the time and for some reason no coach notices this, why?  Our starting pitcher is having trouble early and we go with him too far.  However, you really think a team down 4-1 should catch up to that.  Finally due to the plate ump and our horrible hitting, things go to hell.  Had we approached the plate early on, Coleman walks half a dozen, we don't.  So far tonight we've took or missed 40 pitches right down the heart of the plate 6 inches above the knee.  And that my friends is the ballgame.

PorcineSublime

Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

jdhogster

Thanks Rub for the updates.  Know it was tough.  I still think the thread is good.....gotta keep it going.  It kept us on the streak.  No point in leaving it now.  GO HOGS - BEAT UVA.

SteveInArk

See everyone on Wednesday night... go hogs.
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 15, 2009, 09:31:55 pm
I need to get my calculator out.
3 singles= bases loaded,+9more singles= 9 runs
ched come back pls

nine hits and one run.  Usually when we get nine hits, thats good for 2 or 3 wins.

chiefsfan

Quote from: PorcineSublime on June 15, 2009, 09:31:43 pm
Is Smyly still in Omaha with the team? I thought someone posted that his grandfather passed.

No one knows.  all we know is that there will be a funeral at some point, and that he will leave the team for that
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Clint Alan

Alright, good job tonight in defeat......

We had a good run with this thread......

See you guys on Wednesday night
"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Tejano Jawg

deucea729

jdhogster

Quote from: PorcineSublime on June 15, 2009, 09:33:41 pm
So do we keep the thread going?

I think so.  No point in leaving what got us here.  Now if we had mustaches....we should shave them for sure.

Nuttsuks

Suck it up.  Have a good feeling that we'll get another shot at these guys. A little sting can motivate a team. 

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 15, 2009, 09:35:49 pm
Sure...USA vs Italy in soccer.   ::)
Always take the foreign teams vs. USA, I've never watched a whole soccer game in my life and even I know that USA blows at soccer. lol
ched come back pls

hawgsav1

Keep the thread.  i know it's tempting to abandon it, but it has done us well.  We just don't seem to like playing SEC teams. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

3kgthog

The last time Coleman owned us our season went to hell. Hopefully this isn't part II.

chiefsfan

I dont know.  Common sense says the thread dies when the winning streak dies

bxw21

thanks, from South Korea.  You guys are helping me out a lot.  Keep up the good work!

BobbyVanPelphrey

Clint Alan

Clint Alan

HighcountryHog

we got straight up BEAT tonight. 

LSU is a damn good baseball team. 

IMO, piss poor decision to start Eibner.(pointing finger at Van Horn for this one)

The team needs to rest up, rally, and bring the bats on Wednesday. 
no bumps, no fat chicks

akahogfan

Keep the thread for now. When we play LSU again change it. Not good for SEC games IMO.

kingofdequeen

maybe we can spoil UVA's trip to Omaha

we'll send them back to their Tim Hortons and their kruellers

hogball33

eathill5

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

JIMMY BOARFFETT

June 15, 2009, 09:48:21 pm #8685 Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 09:50:48 pm by JIMMY BOARFFETT
Quote from: Tommythetiger on June 15, 2009, 08:14:53 pm
Ark-Kansas pitching :puke:

Is this the stereotypical LSU fan?  Can't win gracefully, and certainly can't lose gracefully.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

010HogFan

Just make sure in the coming games that SOMEONE changes the thread title BEFORE the game, sheesh. Can't be messin with the mojo like that.

eathill5

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Razorbacks#1

Keep the thread. Go with the percentages. How many won games in this thread?
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SigHog87

razobak

Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

hogball33

UltimateHog

Yeah, this entire game, the thread title was the final vs CSF.

We have won when the thread title is of the current game being played.

Unacceptable.

Hour before the VA game this better be the Arkansas vs UVA Game Thread.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

hog.goblin

Quote from: hogball33 on June 15, 2009, 09:46:09 pm
Is this a thread record?

No, but I do believe it is the longest active thread going around.

Hogbody

Quote from: PorcineSublime on June 15, 2009, 09:31:43 pm
Is Smyly still in Omaha with the team? I thought someone posted that his grandfather passed.

I think I saw him warming up for pregame fwiw

I'd imagine that means he will start Wednesday

Oliver

I realize that we weren't going to go undefeated in postseason play...but why did we have to lose to an SEC team? 

I mean I'm not really all that disappointed by us finally losing a game...but it just once again hurts to see us be so woeful against SEC opponents in sports.  We lose 10 of our last 12...I believe that's right...to end conference play.  Then we roll off impressive wins against good teams like Washington St., OU, Florida St., and Cal-State Fullerton.  Then as soon as we face an SEC team again...worthless. 

I'm just tired of our SEC futility. 

Now let's send Virginia home and then try to take at least 1 out of 2 against LSU.

taintlint

June 16, 2009, 09:57:42 am #8697 Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:04:36 am by taintlint
Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 16, 2009, 09:51:15 am
but why did we have to lose to an SEC team? 

We lost when the decision to pitch Eibner was made. Period. End of story.

Wasn't that decision made on Saturday? Saturday night? That's when we lost.

I said in the first inning of this thread, only one or two pitches in, that Eibner wouldn't see the 3rd inning. It's not that hard folks. The kid can't pitch.

Too many "Hog fans", blinded by loyalty, around here that wont be objective and call a spade a spade.

(By the way, no, I can't do any better. But I can't fly a plane either and that isn't going to stop me from asking the flight attendant why Ray Charles is in the cockpit.)

cosmodrum

Quote from: taintlint on June 16, 2009, 09:57:42 am

I said in the first inning of this thread, only one or two pitches in, that Eibner wouldn't see the 3rd inning. It's not that hard folks. The kid can't pitch.

Too many "Hog fans", blinded by loyalty, around here that wont be objective and call a spade a spade.

(By the way, no, I can't do any better. But I can't fly a plane either and that isn't going to stop me from asking the flight attendant why Ray Charles is in the cockpit.)

Eibner has has some good outings - but it was apparent that he didn't have it after one batter. He could not locate his pitches at all, unless it was down the shoot. Hence, he got drilled. He really hasn't contributed much in the post-season. A couple good plays in center, but the kid won't swing the bat, and he has too much power to go down looking. He needs to swing at anything close and be aggressive. His BA can't get a lot worse. He has all the signs of a kid that can't get out of his own head. He needs to relax, and stop overthinking, IMO.
Go away, batin'

Oliver

Quote from: taintlint on June 16, 2009, 09:57:42 am

I didn't see the game so I didn't get to see how bad Eibner really was.  You know that I have no problem with people questioning a coach's decisions!  I imagine it was a poor decision to start Eibner especially since we still haven't seen Smyly pitch since his gem against OU.  But really, I imagine we could have sent Cy Young out there yesterday and still lost because our batters couldn't get any runs across the plate.