Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 28, 2014, 03:27:09 pm
Example. I may totally miss tonight, but I think the best unit on the field will be S Carolina defense. That and Spurrier are the only two reasons I am laying the points.

I've been thinking this way all week, but I'm starting to wonder if EVERYONE is wrong and TAMU might be able to hang.

10 is a lot in a game like this.

Polecat

Parlaying Ole Miss and UL Monroe tonight. My friends in Mississippi (spit) suggest the Rebs should roll tonight.
Also taking the under in the Cocks/Ags game. We shall see
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

For the reasons stated above I am not betting the Hogs this week.  My immediate thought is hogs plus the points and still think it's a decent bet, but not touching it.

Just my opinion if course, but

I give coaching advantage to Auburn
QB advantage to Auburn only because I feel their offense is tailored to his strengths. I think BA could be a really fine QB, but based on what I saw last year he is a square peg being plugged into a round hole ( that's what she said)

Offense advantage Auburn
Defense advantage Auburn
Skill position well I love our backs, but overall auburn.

First week of the season however so hogs could surprise. Big line, but they could also lose by 40. If they get down two scores early I have seen nothing YET to indicate a quick strike come from behind team. Perhaps that will change this year, but I gotta see it!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

playing my original teaser plus

Scar -10
ole miss -10
1 unit
had to buy the hook on both

OnYourToes

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 28, 2014, 03:29:20 pm
Wash st and rutgers is really looking good.  not knowing too much about these teams turnover is keeping me away, but wash st should be a high scoring affair.  Thinking of taking Wash st -7

UL Monroe is another, but wake is known to sneak up, not much of a spread here at -1.5.

I have been toggling the OK st FS st game for days now.  What you guys think?

At first Wash St and Rutgers made my cut, long story but I browse all lines and make my initial thoughts then cut them down.  I know it's at Rutgers and that is a cross country trip for the Cougars.  Plus I don't know about  either team, so I decided against it

UL Monroe almost made my final list, I made a LOT of money off them in the first month last year.
But I haven't done my research on them over the summer and, it being such a small line, I have no idea.

FL St -17.5 at home against an unproven Ok St team. . .seems legit but I felt better about the ones I picked.
Again, just not feeling or knowing that game either way.   
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

yraciv

Good luck this season all! Let's get it!

S Car -10 - 2 units
Vandy Under 50.5 - 1 unit

McKdaddy

To summarize my bets tonight:

Jeff's picks

Only difference is Vandy was -13 on my site.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

I know I'm an idiot, but playing under 61 on s Carolina am tonight.
Let's make some waves.

Wow as usual I'm looking like an early season idiot!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Dont sweat it, passing teams always start out fast.. remember the scripted plays by petrino? Defensive teams always adjust after a few series.

onebadrubi

Vandy line has moved recently.  Might entice some late action.  Could buy it down under 7 now I believe...

McKdaddy

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 28, 2014, 06:30:26 pm
Vandy line has moved recently.  Might entice some late action.  Could buy it down under 7 now I believe...

Wow, it has. Down to -8 on mine from -13 real recently.

WILL CLINTON

Damn TAMU is mudholing South Carolina. I thought for sure that the Ole Ball Coach would have them more ready than this.

The hogs may have a better chance against SC than TAMU if this game holds up.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on August 28, 2014, 06:44:58 pm
Damn TAMU is mudholing South Carolina. I thought for sure that the Ole Ball Coach would have them more ready than this.

The hogs may have a better chance against SC than TAMU if this game holds up.

I took the Aggies and I can guarantee you SC will do better in the 2nd half.  Will they cover?  I doubt it but the game will tighten up.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hawgndaaz

onebadrubi

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on August 28, 2014, 06:53:13 pm
I took the Aggies and I can guarantee you SC will do better in the 2nd half.  Will they cover?  I doubt it but the game will tighten up.
Cover spread or O/U?  I'm trying to make up my hit by taking USC -10 but taking the over in the 2nd.  If USC pushes TAM at all, no way sumlin pulls up. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 28, 2014, 06:59:16 pm
Cover spread or O/U?  I'm trying to make up my hit by taking USC -10 but taking the over in the 2nd.  If USC pushes TAM at all, no way sumlin pulls up. 
I meant the spread for the game...I don't play halfs.  My site is showing SC -6 and O/U 34 1/2.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

onebadrubi

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on August 28, 2014, 07:08:19 pm
I meant the spread for the game...I don't play halfs.  My site is showing SC -6 and O/U 34 1/2.

-6 is just for the second half correct?  I'm not even sure I'd take that bet.  I think A&M will pay out in this game.  Lol

McKdaddy

I can't find a reason for the precipitous Vandy drop. The line was still -13 as of 1pm today. Have bought more of them at -8.

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 28, 2014, 07:55:37 pm
I can't find a reason for the precipitous Vandy drop. The line was still -13 as of 1pm today. Have bought more of them at -8.

I did the same, but it's creeping back up, so I went with 1st half

Weather is suppose to be bad, maybe that's why

Shows what I know. My greatest fear has been realized. Aggies actually have A QB! That's what a good offensive coach can do!

Jeez.akes my thoughts for hogs season even more bleak.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 28, 2014, 08:16:06 pm
Shows what I know. My greatest fear has been realized. Aggies actually have A QB! That's what a good offensive coach can do!

Agreed. Sumlin is fantastic offensively. When the Ags hired him, I told my wife that if Petrino were to leave (we still had him, but for a brief time longer), I'd want Sumlin.

ur

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on August 28, 2014, 08:16:06 pm

Jeez.akes my thoughts for hogs season even more bleak.
Ole piss may be our best chance for a conf win. They are stinking it up.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on August 28, 2014, 02:51:59 pm
A&M +10
Ark +18 1/2
Ul Monroe -1 1/2
$50 parlay
Already have the hogs +21 for a nickel.
Hope the Hogs can keep it under 18!

SPAL

McKdaddy

What did the sharps know about last night's Vandy game that the oddsmakers didn't see when they set the line at -13.5 a week ago? That line started moving downward fast yesterday afternoon, which before then kept holding in the -13 to -13.5 range?

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 29, 2014, 06:39:07 am
What did the sharps know about last night's Vandy game that the oddsmakers didn't see when they set the line at -13.5 a week ago? That line started moving downward fast yesterday afternoon, which before then kept holding in the -13 to -13.5 range?

No clue, but they were the worst looking SEC team I believe I have ever seen last night.
Let's make some waves.

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 29, 2014, 06:39:07 am

I'm guessing here, because I said I would stay away from this game, yet when it moved I bought it down to -7.  Then GOT HOSED!  I was able to make a move at half time and recoup half of what I was going to lose, but that sucked.  Not to mentioned I stayed up to watch the worse football game of the year.  I think with Rivers they thought vandy would throw it all over, then the rain came and they collapsed the line. 

I'm ready to see the Ole Miss Vandy line for next weekend.  I think I'll take -50 on Ole miss. 

What's everyone got for the next two days games?

The Hogfather

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 28, 2014, 03:31:56 pm
I've been thinking this way all week, but I'm starting to wonder if EVERYONE is wrong and TAMU might be able to hang.

10 is a lot in a game like this.
Quote from: The Hogfather on August 27, 2014, 10:13:22 am
I really think Ole Miss will absolutely kill Boise if they are ready.  I wouldn't want to bet them above 10, though.

Luckily, I went with TAMU +10, Ole Miss -10, ULM -1.5, and Rutgers +8.

4-0 in college.

Unfortunately, I took Seattle -5, NYG -3, and NYJ +2.5 in the NFL.  Totally threw away a decent amount of college profit (like an idiot).

McKdaddy

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 29, 2014, 08:09:27 am

4-0 in college.

Good work on the cfb.

McKdaddy

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 29, 2014, 08:02:39 am

What's everyone got for the next two days games?

I'll tail Jeff (assuming he still doesn't mind).  On my own (which means you should go the other way, ha), I've got...

Hogs +21.5
Idaho +37.0 (Not convinced UF is "back", particularly on offense)
PSU +1.0
Bowling Green -8.0

Still leaning WVU vs Bama.

onebadrubi

Quote from: McKdaddy on August 29, 2014, 08:59:38 am
I'll tail Jeff (assuming he still doesn't mind).  On my own (which means you should go the other way, ha), I've got...

Hogs +21.5
Idaho +37.0 (Not convinced UF is "back", particularly on offense)
PSU +1.0
Bowling Green -8.0

Still leaning WVU vs Bama.

I got Hogs +21.5 as well.

Idaho, I think florida could Temple vs Vandy them and get 40 something.  Idaho may not get a point. 

I've been staring at the WKU/BG game.  Can't figure that one out, but does look like some points will be scored.  I hate that I didn't keep up with WKU after BP left, I have no idea who came in or anything. 

I'm staying clear of Bama.  What scares me is Bama could run it down their throats for 3 quarters.  Dana could come in and screw up the bets with 1st team O vs Bama walk ons in the 4th.  Also, if saban doesn't like the way the first half goes, he could leave the first team in.  Just too many scenarios. 

Why does everyone think Penn st is a good bet at +1?  New coach, no telling how they are buying in.  Central Florida had some players last year.  BTW, Penn st is +2 for me.

widespreadsooie

I'm looking at Col St. +3 and WKU +8. Col St. because of Vader's spreadsheet (no guarantee obviously, but proven system) and WKU because I have a group message with all my buddies and they're all on BG. Fading group plays turns a profit more times than not. Also, the public is both on COL and BG, love fading the public when it's around 60%, which both are right now.

ChicoHog

I think UF rolls Idaho.  I have always been UF hater but I really believe they will be a force in the SEC east this year.  they got hit by an extraordinary amount of injuries last year and this year all eyes will be watching Kurt Roper's offense.  Driskel is back, team is injury free and also Idaho's HC is Paul Petrino.  Enough said.  UF scores 50 and gives up 10 at the most.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 29, 2014, 09:38:32 am
I think UF rolls Idaho.  I have always been UF hater but I really believe they will be a force in the SEC east this year.  they got hit by an extraordinary amount of injuries last year and this year all eyes will be watching Kurt Roper's offense.  Driskel is back, team is injury free and also Idaho's HC is Paul Petrino.  Enough said.  UF scores 50 and gives up 10 at the most.

This is what I'm thinking!  I don't think paul can move the ball on UF D.  UF florida's D up until after the hogs game last year was just plain nasty!  Still though, that's a lot of points to cover. 

widespreadsooie

There's the problem. No team will ever put up 50 with Driskel at QB, he is horrible. Granted, I don't think Idaho scores...maybe 3 or 7.

SPAL

OnYourToes

Fresno St +20.5, I feel pretty good about that one. - 1 unit
I got South Carolina -9.5 - 1 unit = WOW, just wow
Ole Miss -10 - 2 units - Win

Penn St +2 - 1 unit

1-1
Looking for a turn around with Penn St and Fresno St
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

onebadrubi

Mich st -34 is looking good right now too.  I dont know why that line took till today to come up. 

McKdaddy

No more than a hunch on my part, and a way to feed my addiction.

yraciv

Would be nice if everyone can keep up with their records this year, so we can see who is hot and not.

yraciv

Quote from: The Hogfather on August 29, 2014, 08:09:27 am

4-0 in college.

Unfortunately, I took Seattle -5, NYG -3, and NYJ +2.5 in the NFL.  Totally threw away a decent amount of college profit (like an idiot).

Serves you right betting on preseason football, and the backups none the less.  Pretty impressive night in college though. I saw you were on A&M and Ole Miss, but didn't see you ULM and Rutgers picks.

The Hogfather

Quote from: yraciv on August 29, 2014, 01:32:21 pm
Serves you right betting on preseason football, and the backups none the less.  Pretty impressive night in college though. I saw you were on A&M and Ole Miss, but didn't see you ULM and Rutgers picks.

It does serve me right.  I know better.

I don't post official picks or anything.  Normally, I just give my thoughts on games.  I didn't post anything on those last 2 games.

widespreadsooie

Couldn't stay away from the Friday heat:

Col St. +3
Jax St. +34.5

MLB: TOR/NYY o8.5

onebadrubi

August 29, 2014, 05:34:34 pm #6594 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:58:38 pm by onebadrubi
Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 29, 2014, 05:22:23 pm
Couldn't stay away from the Friday heat:

Col St. +3
Jax St. +34.5

MLB: TOR/NYY o8.5

I'm right there with you.   Been staring at sir pigs pick and now yours, I don'nt know a thing on the COl st vs Col game.  I'm also trying to figure out where I want to play the mich st game.  Thinking of parlying something tonight, but haven't put it together yet.

Well I took a little action. 

Bowling green -6.5
Col st +2.5

still back and forth on the Mich st game.  Jack st shows a chance to score a couple points, but then again Mich st should have one of hte top D in the nation. 

Spikes

August 29, 2014, 06:35:31 pm #6595 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 07:54:11 pm by Spikes
4 games

Jack st +34.5

W Ky + 7.5. Bought a pt

Over in Texas San/ Houston 55 1/2

UNLV /AZ over 60

Record 2-3
Good luck 
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

ChicoHog

Quote from: widespreadsooie on August 29, 2014, 09:46:43 am
There's the problem. No team will ever put up 50 with Driskel at QB, he is horrible. Granted, I don't think Idaho scores...maybe 3 or 7.
I disagree with your driskel assessment.  I think he ws ok and this year will be pretty good.  he has had injury issues and 3 different coordinators.  I'll take him over many of the SEC QBs.  Having said all that I hope they go 0-12. 

Hawgndaaz

1-2 last night

Taking colo state +3 and over 54 both 1 unit

Well hat to do this now but placing. Gonna be out of pocket most of the day tomorrow.

Bowling Green -6.5 / 2 units
Penn ST +2 / 2 units
Ohio ST -15 / 5 units yeah I know about Braxton
Virginia +21.5 / 2 units
Nebraska -22 / 5 units
Georgia -7 / 5 units
Okie ST +19 / 5 units.
LSU -5 / dime play
Va Tech -21 / dime play.

Let's go big or go home!

Let's make some waves.

Yeah I posted bowling green because I bet it!
Let's make some waves.