Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

a win tonight on the ravens moves me to 10-8. making a play under 48 oak/SD. Also my book has a mnf free 10 $ bet on who gets the 1st first down and I went with dhb to win 20. I wont be counting it in the record. Good luck all who is playing tonight.

MS_HogFan

Quote from: bsking on September 10, 2012, 08:10:27 pm
Cowboys -3 @ Seattle

Just put 5 units on it.  Anybody not LOVE this line?
The Cowboys play in NewYork one week then Seattle the next. They have a few extra days to deal with it but that is a lot of traveling to start the year.
SOOIE

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: MS_HogFan on September 10, 2012, 09:44:17 pm
The Cowboys play in NewYork one week then Seattle the next. They have a few extra days to deal with it but that is a lot of traveling to start the year.

agreed.  I think the cowboys have the better team but two away games in a row on opposite sides of the country is hard to do

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 10, 2012, 05:06:59 pm
Prob gonna end up kicking myself but San Diego / Oakland under 48. / 5 unit play.

Congrats on the W last night, wasn't even close

colavito

19.5 dog to Bama currently.  What are your thoughts?

the_kosher_pig

It will be doubled at half.  The second half they will stop scoring on us out of mercy. But we won't score anymore. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.

navyhog24

Huckleberry Pig

My official bets for the weekend:

College:

Texas a&m (-13.5) vs SMU -- 4 units

USC (-10) vs Stanford -- 4 units

Texas (-10.5) vs Ole Miss -- 4 units

NFL:

Dallas Cowboys (-3) vs Seattle Seahawks -- 1 unit

Bank:  325
NCAA Record: 4-4
Profit: +25
NFL Record: 2-2
Profit: +50
Total Profit: +75
1 Unit = 25

LGHOG

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on September 11, 2012, 08:58:24 am
It will be doubled at half.  The second half they will stop scoring on us out of mercy. But we won't score anymore.

Bama wins by 40 plus.

Hooch

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: LGHOG on September 11, 2012, 11:13:39 am

Bama wins by 40 plus.
I don't think it will be that bad.  Saban has been pretty "kind" to us.  He could have beat us a lot worse 3 out of the 4 years.  I think he gets up to 40 but gives us some "token" points. lol

Huckleberry Pig

USC line has dropped to -8, wish I had been more patient.  Got it at -10.  I'm shocked it's dipping this low, anyone know of any major injuries for USC?  I havnt heard of any

DadVader1

I try to stick with SEC teams, but I made an exception for USC at -7.5 (4 units).  I'm also going to shamefully admit that I took Bama -15 (4 units).  I've never bet against the Hogs before, hope to never do so again, and hope to lose those 4 units.

ed_wheeley

VaTech -10 v Pitt
BYU -3 v Utah
Tennessee -3 v Florida

Thoughts?

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 11, 2012, 01:43:29 pm
VaTech -10 v Pitt
BYU -3 v Utah
Tennessee -3 v Florida

Thoughts?
Utah looked HORRIBLE against Utah State.  BYU should cover that easy.  I don't think Florida is prepared enough after watching the ATM game.  But it's hard to bet on SEC games IMO.

bsking

For some reason I'm against the consensus and like Florida +3.  I feel like Bray is going to have a tough time with that defense and Driskel did seems to get a lot more comfortable as the game went on.  Probably won't touch it but I do like Florida in that one.

Huckleberry Pig

navyhog24

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 11, 2012, 03:12:17 pm
anyone besides myself like USC to win big?

i agree. i think stanford is drastically overrated

Hawgndaaz

Geebus, that Raiders -1 was a terrible pick. Guess i should stay away from NFL.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 11, 2012, 03:26:53 pm
Geebus, that Raiders -1 was a terrible pick. Guess i should stay away from NFL.

It really wasnt hawgndaaz... remember Oakland had 3 botched punts because their long snapper got hurt.  Each of those botched punts led to excellent field postion for the Chargers and probably accounted for 150yrds of field position overall (remember Oakland has THE BEST punter in the league, and maybe the best all time).  The long snapper doesnt get hurt and they get those punts off, this is a completey different game.  I honestly think that was a good bet you just got very unlucky

WILL CLINTON

September 11, 2012, 08:58:50 pm #1020 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:00:44 pm by WILL CLINTON
Quote from: ed_wheeley on September 11, 2012, 01:43:29 pm
VaTech -10 v Pitt
Thoughts?

Can't believe I missed this one. If the same Pitt team that showed up in their first 2 games, shows up against Va Tech, it will be a slaughter.

Good Pick, and I'm stealing this one.

and just saw the Bama line has moved to -21....
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

SPAL

Saturday 4-1
Sunday 1-1
Monday 2-0

weekend 7-2

YTD RECORD 11-8

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 11, 2012, 03:37:39 pm
It really wasnt hawgndaaz... remember Oakland had 3 botched punts because their long snapper got hurt.  Each of those botched punts led to excellent field postion for the Chargers and probably accounted for 150yrds of field position overall (remember Oakland has THE BEST punter in the league, and maybe the best all time).  The long snapper doesnt get hurt and they get those punts off, this is a completey different game.  I honestly think that was a good bet you just got very unlucky

I swear that looked like a thrown game if ive ever seen one. That stupid D-lineman that jumped offsides TWICE on key third downs in the first half. He looked like an idiot. Then that whole punt thing, I mean did they really not have one person on the team that could snap the ball? I haven't since junior high and I bet I could still get it back there.

I think it's just the raiders being the craptastic franchise they'll always be.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 12, 2012, 08:29:39 am
I swear that looked like a thrown game if ive ever seen one. That stupid D-lineman that jumped offsides TWICE on key third downs in the first half. He looked like an idiot. Then that whole punt thing, I mean did they really not have one person on the team that could snap the ball? I haven't since junior high and I bet I could still get it back there.

I think it's just the raiders being the craptastic franchise they'll always be.

they did set an NFL record last year for most penalties so the fact that that moron (#93 I believe) jumped offsides twice to keep the drive going, a drive that eventually led to a TD, is not as hard to believe haha.  But yes, this was classic Raiders being Raiders

DadVader1

I just hope that McFadden can survive his contract and get the heck outta there while he can still walk.  The Raiders have so few other offensive weapons that it looks like they are doing to McFadden about what the Houston Oilers did to Earl Campbell, running him into the ground and shortening his career.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 12, 2012, 09:31:27 am
I just hope that McFadden can survive his contract and get the heck outta there while he can still walk.  The Raiders have so few other offensive weapons that it looks like they are doing to McFadden about what the Houston Oilers did to Earl Campbell, running him into the ground and shortening his career.

amen to that!

Hawgndaaz

I cannot fathom what Dmac would be doing on a good team. He looked as explosive as ever last night. He still hits the hole as good as any in the league, save AP.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 12, 2012, 10:09:40 am
I cannot fathom what Dmac would be doing on a good team. He looked as explosive as ever last night. He still hits the hole as good as any in the league, save AP.

was thinking the same thing watching the game.  So explosive when he hits the hole and when he makes contact you really hear a pop.  I'm sure those LBs, safeties, and DBs dont enjoy meeting him in the hole when he has a full head of steam.

When does his contract run out?

MS_HogFan

I think it runs through 2013. $60 million 6 years
SOOIE

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Last week college 5-6 / -2 units

Pros 1-4. -13 units

Horrible year of -20 units and counting.  I think my Math is correct will double check.  Bad either way.  That I know.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 11, 2012, 08:40:13 am
Congrats on the W last night, wasn't even close

Unfortunately had the benGALS in the early game. :)
Let's make some waves.

Tonight I have

Rutgers +9 / 3 units

Chi Bears +6 / 2 units
Let's make some waves.

LGHOG

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 13, 2012, 07:03:34 am
Tonight I have

Rutgers +9 / 3 units

Chi Bears +6 / 2 units

Jeff, I agree on da Bears pick and they might outright win but I can't imagine GB starting out 0-2. On the Rutgers pick I'm very leary of it. USF just beat a very good Nevada team and they are playing at home. If it was me and I bet I would place a small wager on USF.

Just my .02cents.  :)

Hawgndaaz

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 13, 2012, 08:45:18 am
why are you guys down on the Pack?

I can't see GB starting 0-2, but Cutler has the most weapons since being in Chicago, along w/ a tough defense, and GB having a schizo defense.  I haven't looked at the game but the Bears +6 would be my lean.  Not so much down on GB, as much as I don't see the Bears losing by greater than 6.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on September 13, 2012, 08:45:18 am
why are you guys down on the Pack?

Not as much down on pack ad much as it is up on the Bears. Chicago extremely tough with a healthy Curtler.
Let's make some waves.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: McKdaddy on September 13, 2012, 09:08:06 am
I can't see GB starting 0-2, but Cutler has the most weapons since being in Chicago, along w/ a tough defense, and GB having a schizo defense.  I haven't looked at the game but the Bears +6 would be my lean.  Not so much down on GB, as much as I don't see the Bears losing by greater than 6.

THIS.  This is the first time in a while Cutler actually has weapons to throw the ball to and he has proved in the past that when you give him weapons he can be a very good QB.  Unfortunately for most of his career he has not had good weapons.  He also has a strong running game and a strong defense to lean on, both of which really help him out. 

I heard it well put yesterday on espn's sports radio show The Herd: Green Bay actually has a lot of holes on both sides of the ball (their O Line can be shakey, they have a hard time running the ball, their D is very questionable) but Aaron Rodgers is so good that he covers up a lot of those holes cause he can win games.  SF is such a good all-around team that they were able to expose those holes.  Worried about Chicago being able to do the same.

Still pick GB to win, but I like Chicago to cover

Huckleberry Pig

Will you got an update on any of your previous picks?

arkfanchip

Ok I went 0-2 last week. 
But this week
My Lock of the first three weeks
Notre Dame +6 At Mich. St

Games I love
BYU -3 At Utah
Utah St. +14.5 At Wisky
USC-9 At Stanford

Games I like
Ole Miss +10 vs. Texas
Louisville -3 vs. UNC
ULM +16.5 At Auburn

DadVader1

With the A&M line at -12, I added 6 more units. 

I just think A&M steamrolls SMU like Baylor did 2 weeks ago (59-24).  If Stephen *** Austin can put 466 yds on the SMU D last week, A&M should rebound nicely after facing FL's D.  A&M owns SMU in recent years (10-0-1), beat them by 32 points last year, and playing in Dallas will feel almost like a home game to A&M (SMU is adding seats to accomodate the large A&M crowd).  I think A&M blows off some steam against a weaker SMU after losing their SEC-opener.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DadVader1 on September 13, 2012, 10:18:20 am
With the A&M line at -12, I added 6 more units. 

I just think A&M steamrolls SMU like Baylor did 2 weeks ago (59-24).  If Stephen *** Austin can put 466 yds on the SMU D last week, A&M should rebound nicely after facing FL's D.  A&M owns SMU in recent years (10-0-1), beat them by 32 points last year, and playing in Dallas will feel almost like a home game to A&M (SMU is adding seats to accomodate the large A&M crowd).  I think A&M blows off some steam against a weaker SMU after losing their SEC-opener.

spot on.  SFA also turned the ball over 10 times (yes you read that correctly, TEN TIMES) in the game vs SMU...highly doubt this happens against a&m lol I like a&m big here just like Baylor two weeks ago

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: arkfanchip on September 13, 2012, 10:08:36 am
Ok I went 0-2 last week. 
But this week
My Lock of the first three weeks
Notre Dame +6 At Mich. St

Games I love
BYU -3 At Utah
Utah St. +14.5 At Wisky
USC-9 At Stanford

Games I like
Ole Miss +10 vs. Texas
Louisville -3 vs. UNC
ULM +16.5 At Auburn

i bet Texas at -10.5 but am starting to regret that.  Ole Miss has a mobile qb and I think he will at least help keep it close.  being at Ole Miss helps too. hope im wrong.  I do believe Ole Miss has quite a few freshman starters though, might show against a good Texas team. 

Dr. Starcs

September 13, 2012, 11:20:52 am #1042 Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 03:57:16 pm by Dr. Starcs
Here's what I like this week -

Already mentioned A&M -12 1/2 over smu.
Northwestern -3 1/2 over BC
Penn St -7 over Navy
UCLA -17 over Houston
Rice +20 1/2 against La Tech

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 13, 2012, 09:52:54 am
Will you got an update on any of your previous picks?

Yeah, I haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I would like because of school (up to 19-20 hours this semester) and work. I still pay attention here, but just don't have the time to get involved like I used to.

Bowling Green +6

South Florida -7.5 (buy the hook)....1*
TAMU -13.5....1*
VT -12....2*
VT -10.5....2*
Texas -10.5 (buy the hook)....3*
Bama -13....3*

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 13, 2012, 10:34:15 am
i bet Texas at -10.5 but am starting to regret that.  Ole Miss has a mobile qb and I think he will at least help keep it close.  being at Ole Miss helps too. hope im wrong.  I do believe Ole Miss has quite a few freshman starters though, might show against a good Texas team. 

I wouldn't regret it at all. I may double up on my bet to be honest. I don't see anyway that Ole Miss stays within 20 of Texas.

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on September 13, 2012, 11:20:52 am
Here's what I like this week -

Already mentioned A&M -12 1/2 over smu.
Northwestern -3 1/2 over BC
Maryland +3 against  Uconn
UCLA -17 over Houston
Rice +20 1/2 against La Tech

I've been watching and contemplating the Maryland +3. May add to my list before Saturday.

SPAL

historically I've sucked on Thursday nights....this season I'm 1-2 on Thursday night. So u might be wise to fade my Thursday nighters.....but tonight, it's Rutgers +8. Got some nice lines for the weekend

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on September 13, 2012, 11:32:02 am
Yeah, I haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I would like because of school (up to 19-20 hours this semester) and work. I still pay attention here, but just don't have the time to get involved like I used to.

Bowling Green +6

South Florida -7.5 (buy the hook)....1*
TAMU -13.5....1*
VT -12....2*
VT -10.5....2*
Texas -10.5 (buy the hook)....3*
Bama -13....3*

totally understandable.  you takin the USC vs Stanford game at all?

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 13, 2012, 01:00:37 pm
totally understandable.  you takin the USC vs Stanford game at all?

Probably not. I mean, USC should be able to handle them easily, but we were up on ULM 21 and lost. Anything can, and often does, happen on Saturdays. If I were betting it, I'd be on USC. It's at home for Stanford though, and this being the game it has been for the past few years is what is keeping me from getting on the bandwagon.

widespreadsooie

McKdaddy

So far I've locked in . . .

(locked these in Wed night)
USC          -7
Sips          -10 (bought the hook)
Va Tech     -10

(locked this in this a.m.)
Hogs         +21

Looking at both of tonight's games, as well as being open to some suggested Sat action.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin