Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would Ark be favored to beat SMU in Dallas?

Started by twistitup, September 17, 2017, 08:03:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 17, 2017, 08:16:22 pm
You call 28-7 close? Geesh.

The game was closer than the final score indicated. It was 14-7 in the 4th quarter and TCU score 2 TDs on a Hog defense that was exhausted because the Hog offense couldn't stay on the field and score.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 10:42:16 am
I think SMU beats the doors off of Ark St...they just have a more fertile recruiting area.

SMU should be good every year - but they are still recovering

You honestly think a team that came within 1 score of upsetting a Big 10 team in Lincoln Nebraska is going to get it's doors blown off by a team that is middle of the road in the same conference with Memphis?? Man you are losing it!!

LRHog

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on September 18, 2017, 10:35:38 am
I like steak better than a kick in the ass.   You can compare anything you wish.

See, hence why that old saying is dumb!

Al Boarland

Quote from: GuvHog on September 17, 2017, 08:10:20 pm
Yes they would. TCU scored over a half of a hundred on them and the Hogs should have beaten TCU.

We should have beaten TCU because we get to wear a SEC patch?

RME

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 11:58:31 am
You honestly think a team that came within 1 score of upsetting a Big 10 team in Lincoln Nebraska is going to get it's doors blown off by a team that is middle of the road in the same conference with Memphis?? Man you are losing it!!

You catch the Nebraska game this weekend? Nebraska is hot garbage.

Al Boarland

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 11:44:22 am
The game was closer than the final score indicated. It was 14-7 in the 4th quarter and TCU score 2 TDs on a Hog defense that was exhausted because the Hog offense couldn't stay on the field and score.

TCU also left at least 14 points on the field that had nothing to do with an exhausted defense. Since we are playing should, woulda, coulda and all...

Seminole Indian

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 12:05:33 pm
You catch the Nebraska game this weekend? Nebraska is hot garbage.
The Massey Composite has them at #66, and that Razorbacks at #67, and no one is arguing that A-State should not have won that game.........they should have.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

RME

GuvHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 18, 2017, 12:06:21 pm
TCU also left at least 14 points on the field that had nothing to do with an exhausted defense. Since we are playing should, woulda, coulda and all...

Yep, because Rhoads knew Kenny Hill was poor at throwing the deep ball so he schemed to keep him in the pocket, limit TCU's short passing, and allowed Hill to throw deep which he could not successfully do. It worked very well but the Hog offense didn't.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 12:12:18 pm
And?
Use you imagination.

As far as A-State vs SMU, A-State is the bigger, stronger, faster team but they are starting from scratch on the OL so it may be a couple of more games before they really kick into gear. It should still be a very good, high scoring game for the fans.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

onebadrubi

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 18, 2017, 12:20:27 pm
Use you imagination.

As far as A-State vs SMU, A-State is the bigger, stronger, faster team but they are starting from scratch on the OL so it may be a couple of more games before they really kick into gear. It should still be a very good, high scoring game for the fans.

Lol you don't have an agenda or bias now do you...Indian...

BigBrandonAllenFan

A better question might be, would the Hogs be favored to beat SMU in Fayetteville?

rzrbackramsfan

lol I'm sure the snake, the guy that call into Bo's show believes they would beat us? Why?  Because they have Rafe Peavey as their number 2 qb.

onebadrubi

It's funny, no of the agenda driven trolls on this board won't mention how TCU can't sell out or even close that game.  They had more empty seats then we had at WMS opening weekend.  You had two schools playing each other within maybe 30 miles of each other, home team is ranked and coming off a big victory, great weather, and you appear on tv to be a 60% capacity.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 18, 2017, 12:24:50 pm
Lol you don't have an agenda or bias now do you...Indian...
None whatsoever.

That A-State is a bigger, stronger, faster, more talented team trying to get five new offensive linemen on the same page, is just a fact. When it happens they are going to be pretty good.

If it happens this weekend SMU is in for a very long day, because their defense is better than SMU's right now.

jkstock04

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 18, 2017, 11:41:22 am
Sure.  We got beat at home by a top 25 team, so we are no longer the best team in the state of Arkansas. 
Right, because that's exactly what I said.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 18, 2017, 11:36:06 am
That example hurts your point.  Bama robs from other fertile area's.  They pull THE top class because they pull top recruits from Texas, Louisana, MS, Georgia, florida and anywhere else.  THey pick and pluck

Go back to the top 10 in recruiting - our NC will almost always be from that bunch - why?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 11:58:31 am

It will be a very interesting matchup - yes I think SMU wins by 14+

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 01:09:42 pm
Go back to the top 10 in recruiting - our NC will almost always be from that bunch - why?

Keep changing the argument, troll

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 18, 2017, 01:25:18 pm
Keep changing the argument, troll

Troll? You said recruiting doesn't impact wins / success....I said it does.

I said if it wasn't for the death penalty - SMU would be winning every year due to the fertile recruiting grounds around Dallas - FACT, their program is slowly returning and at this point would give us a run for our money

GoHogs1091

If we were favored (and I stress the word "if") we would probably only be favored by around 2 to 3 points.

Chad Morris against Paul Rhoads is not a good match-up for the Hogs.

Morris knows offense, hence why they did a lot better offensively against TCU than we did.

RME

I don't think a lot of you understand how and why lines and spreads are created.

widespreadsooie

Yes, Arkansas would be favored at SMU today.

justmakeit2thebcs

widespreadsooie

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on September 18, 2017, 03:48:03 pm
1 point at most....

My guess would be 6 or 7. The casual gambler wouldn't be betting SMU to beat Arkansas.

twistitup

Quote from: widespreadsooie on September 18, 2017, 03:58:30 pm
My guess would be 6 or 7. The casual gambler wouldn't be betting SMU to beat Arkansas.

Why not? After looking at our last 4 games (going back to last season) we are not trending up...any gambler would have their doubts about Arkansas

RME

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 04:48:14 pm
Why not? After looking at our last 4 games (going back to last season) we are not trending up...any gambler would have their doubts about Arkansas

So by your logic, SMU is 2-1 and "trending up." Old Dominion is 2-1 as well. Think we wouldn't be favored against them? After all, we're "trending down" and they're just another G5 team "trending up."

twistitup

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 04:51:45 pm
So by your logic, SMU is 2-1 and "trending up." Old Dominion is 2-1 as well. Think we wouldn't be favored against them? After all, we're "trending down" and they're just another G5 team "trending up."

We look bad at the moment- SMU might beat us by 2-3 TD's...I hope things get better. SMU just gave TCU a good game and scored over 30 pts on them while we struggled to score against their D.

I don't know anything about OD - good luck to them. Did they play a top 25 team last week? How did they do?

jkstock04

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 04:55:33 pm
We look bad at the moment- SMU might beat us by 2-3 TD's...I hope things get better. SMU just gave TCU a good game and scored over 30 pts on them while we struggled to score against their D.

I don't know anything about OD - good luck to them. Did they play a top 25 team last week? How did they do?

They got smoked by North Carolina. North Carolina was 0-2 and old dominion was 2-0. There was a hair of hype on old dominion going into that game. Line was 11 or 12 points.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GuvHog

Giving up over 50 points to an opponent isn't giving them a good game. You really are losing it.

JaketheSnake

HOGS PLEASE BEAT A&M SO WE CAN MOVE PAST SOME OF THIS

RME

Is every day a struggle for you to get out of bed and face the world?

onebadrubi

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 01:29:00 pm
Troll? You said recruiting doesn't impact wins / success....I said it does.

I said if it wasn't for the death penalty - SMU would be winning every year due to the fertile recruiting grounds around Dallas - FACT, their program is slowly returning and at this point would give us a run for our money

I didn't say impact, you are again changing your point because you are failing at a discussion.  You are failing at knowing the meaning of English words.

By the way, to reiterate the beginning of this back and forth, you said that SMU wins because they are in fertile recruiting territory.  Why does RICE not win more games?  They are in a fertile recruiting territory, why doesn't ULL, UAB, why don't these schools win more, after all they are in more fertile recruiting grounds. 

It's quite sad your thoughts keep being shown how unfounded and dumb they are. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 04:57:59 pm
Giving up over 50 points to an opponent isn't giving them a good game. You really are losing it.

Not to mention SMU was spotted like 20 points or something early on in that game because TCU was obviously thinking they just had to show up.  They got serious and went on a like 40-10 run.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 18, 2017, 05:03:29 pm
Is every day a struggle for you to get out of bed and face the world?

Im' thinking he doesn't have to face many people in a given week. 

Locutus_of_Boar

Danny Ford's last team was favored to beat SMU in the 2nd game of 1997.  The game was an SMU home game but was moved to Shreveport to try and attract Arkansas fans.  It didn't work the gate was 23K.

As I recall in the 2nd quarter Arkansas was driving near the SMU goal line when an Arkansas back dove into the end zone.  The ref signaled touchdown but was obscured from the view of the Razorback coaches who didn't think to wonder why the ball was centered between the hashes at the 3 yard line.  They proceeded to run another dive into the line, failing on the PAT they never knew was a PAT leaving Arkansas' score at 9 points which is where it ended up in a 9-31 loss to SMU.

When he was hired in December of that year the serious question many Arkansas fans were asking about HDN was:  "But can he beat SMU?"

twistitup

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 18, 2017, 05:05:53 pm
I didn't say impact, you are again changing your point because you are failing at a discussion.  You are failing at knowing the meaning of English words.

By the way, to reiterate the beginning of this back and forth, you said that SMU wins because they are in fertile recruiting territory.  Why does RICE not win more games?  They are in a fertile recruiting territory, why doesn't ULL, UAB, why don't these schools win more, after all they are in more fertile recruiting grounds.

It's quite sad your thoughts keep being shown how unfounded and dumb they are. 

Rice? qualifications too steep....ULL, UAB - directional schools - no history

Smu has history and tradition - that was crushed by the death penalty. They have deep roots in Dallas and $$ backing the program that UAB and ULL could only dream of.

You are showing your lack of knowledge about the history of college football to put SMU into the same category as UAB. Are you angry that SMU could hang half a hundred on us at the moment?

Take off the rose colored glasses - we could barely score against a weak TCU team and SMU found a way to put up some significant points. We both lost - but we looked lost in our defeat - at least SMU put up a good fight.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: twistitup on September 18, 2017, 04:48:14 pm

You're giving too much credit to the casual gambler I think. Our loss to TCU doesn't look as bad, or even bad, to outsiders like it does us. We're only 2.5 point underdogs to A&M this weekend and some think we wouldn't be favored at SMU?

DEVIL DOG HOG

This tread doesn't matter! We don't play SMU!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!