Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

upper classmen/leadership

Started by Hawgolf1, September 27, 2015, 07:17:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgolf1

I was reading the board today, and after reading about this player or that player not being a leader on the team, I started thinking. Our current upperclassmen this year 4th and 5th year seniors were recruited by Bobby Petrino and John L. Smith. They aren't BB's recruiting classes. I had really high hopes for this year, as did most of us, but when I stop and think about it, I try to remember those players and if they would or wouldn't be solid leaders as far as players to go to in critical downs. (THAT AREN'T HURT.) We have had significant injuries to significant players that are in their 4th/5th years like Keon, Kody, and JWill. A lot of those guys' recruiting classes are gone now whether they transferred out or graduated, but I think this is really important to remember.

Other than BA, we don't really have a player in the current 2 deep (ones that aren't hurt), who has had significant playing time, has the leadership potential we would like, and can light a fire under our guys' asses. That player should be BA, but he's just not that type of guy. This, coupled with the fact that our D has lost more than we were hoping they would, I think is why we are at 1-3. JMO

But I think we'll be okay.

kp72204

A winning personality is still a winning personality. Remember the first season when Kirkland had said enjoy it because we WON'T be losing in the future. However it looks like the culture has changed that fiery personality. Point is you don't have to be a upperclassman to light a fire or give a pep talk. They know who is and who ain't carrying their load.unfortunately if the coaches don't speak up then why should they?