Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Totally Weird - any other team ever done this

Started by picksleaguehog, September 27, 2015, 11:41:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

picksleaguehog

Part of the expectation and deal as a fan is to have a team competitive and fund to watch.  We are certainly there.

I don't know  if its a BA or BB thing - or some weird chemistry between the two of them - or maybe the training or mentality with the rest of the team - but I've never in my life seen a team that looks like a top 15 team consistently for 3 1/2 quarters and equally consistently be the worst Arkansas team the  last half quarter you could ever imagine.

We couldn't replace him with anyone better - and he is fun to listen too - so i would in no way want BB to have his job in jeopardy.

My biggest pet peeve with this team is the dbacks  and the irritation i feel every time i see them giving hand gestures and signals because there is an incompletion because of a bad throw - even tho their guy was open.

If i guy has great coverage and stops a play - that's great - talk - make gestures - whatever you want.  But our coaches should explain to some of these guys the difference between them getting lucky  another  player missed a play and them making a play.

Hell - there was a play in the end zone where our guy was so torched he didn't see the ball coming - luckily their QB delivered a high ball the got tipped by their guy.  Our guys starts to do the incoomplete gesture before the ball comes down - he could have picked the thing off if paying attention.

Does our Dback coach know the difference between making a play and being fortunate the other guy missed a play - based on the way our guys act I don't think so.  How about this rule - a dback doesn't get to gesture or act like a jack &^&& unless he turns around - makes a play on the ball - and looks like a real player.

Hogfan1660

Unfortunately I totally agree with you. I was screaming at the TV when our guy was jumping around like a idiot and the ball was about to fall in his hands.

Redhogs

Quote from: picksleaguehog on September 27, 2015, 11:41:46 am
Part of the expectation and deal as a fan is to have a team competitive and fund to watch.  We are certainly there.

I don't know  if its a BA or BB thing - or some weird chemistry between the two of them - or maybe the training or mentality with the rest of the team - but I've never in my life seen a team that looks like a top 15 team consistently for 3 1/2 quarters and equally consistently be the worst Arkansas team the  last half quarter you could ever imagine.

We couldn't replace him with anyone better - and he is fun to listen too - so i would in no way want BB to have his job in jeopardy.

My biggest pet peeve with this team is the dbacks  and the irritation i feel every time i see them giving hand gestures and signals because there is an incompletion because of a bad throw - even tho their guy was open.

If i guy has great coverage and stops a play - that's great - talk - make gestures - whatever you want.  But our coaches should explain to some of these guys the difference between them getting lucky  another  player missed a play and them making a play.

Hell - there was a play in the end zone where our guy was so torched he didn't see the ball coming - luckily their QB delivered a high ball the got tipped by their guy.  Our guys starts to do the incoomplete gesture before the ball comes down - he could have picked the thing off if paying attention.

Does our Dback coach know the difference between making a play and being fortunate the other guy missed a play - based on the way our guys act I don't think so.  How about this rule - a dback doesn't get to gesture or act like a jack &^&& unless he turns around - makes a play on the ball - and looks like a real player.
"We couldn't replace him with anyone better - and he is fun to listen too - so i would in no way want BB to have his job in jeopardy"....had me till this asinine statement.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

PorkSoda

I think this team is almost good.  It you take the TT - TCU game into account.  we almost beat a team that almost beat a good team.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorbackkid

I've learned to start my anti-depressant regiment at halftime. 
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 27, 2015, 02:05:08 pm
I think this team is almost good.  It you take the TT - TCU game into account.  we almost beat a team that almost beat a good team.

Ok, I had to laugh a little bit at this!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Dr. Starcs

But our secondary graded out most athletic of any unit.

DeltaBoy

What is weird back to back years with the same coach and same QB WE LOSE the game to the Same Team IN OT.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rude1

We have done a 360, we are back to being the team that plays everyone well enough to lose. The belief was that we had now learned to win at the end of last season, we have NOT. 3 tight games going into the 4th quarter, 3 straight losses...............

Smokehouse

Quote from: Hogfan1660 on September 27, 2015, 11:46:04 am
Unfortunately I totally agree with you. I was screaming at the TV when our guy was jumping around like a idiot and the ball was about to fall in his hands.

That was the most frustrating play of the night for me. Could have ended the game right there if he'd just watched the ball.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.