Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's Talk JWILL and the Draft . . .

Started by TeufelHog, September 27, 2015, 10:55:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

. . . I think he would be crazy to enter the draft this year.  Too much talent at his position, on other teams, who will be ahead of him on the boards for him to go high in the draft.  I think he stays, improves his stats, gets a shot at a Heisman run in 2016, and improves his NFL Draft value CONSIDERABLY. 

Also believe AC stays to complete the package, finish his degree, take care of "unfinished business," and for some of the same reasons JWILL does.

online-with-swine

I think he should go if he has his degree.  There are only so many tackles a rb can sustain.  Him being here another year eats into that.  Plus, I don't know if him being here another year will improve his draft stock at all.

Torqued pork

He's made it known his family has had some financial problems. I'll be surprised to see him return.

rtr

I don't blame him one bit if he goes.  He needs to take care of himself because no one else will.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Bacon_Bitz

Fournette, Chubb, Hurd, Kamara,  and Sony Michel will be entering draft after next year

arkansasrazorback

If it meant getting Devin White, I would like Williams and Collins to both go.  I would rather have White 3 than Williams and Collins 1 more.  That being said, we have no shot at White.

Hogwild

Quote from: TeufelHog on September 27, 2015, 10:55:01 am
. . . I think he would be crazy to enter the draft this year.  Too much talent at his position, on other teams, who will be ahead of him on the boards for him to go high in the draft.  I think he stays, improves his stats, gets a shot at a Heisman run in 2016, and improves his NFL Draft value CONSIDERABLY. 

Also believe AC stays to complete the package, finish his degree, take care of "unfinished business," and for some of the same reasons JWILL does.

I think he is gone for the excate reasons you listed.  Fournette, Chubb, Cook, Perine, and the 3 soph. in the Pac-12 are all part of the '17 NFL draft.

The question I have is if he decides to stay does he still get the insurance money? 

passinghog

You can always come back and get your degree. You only have a very limited, finite amount of years to earn millions of dollars playing back in the NFL. For a running back, you turn pro as soon as you can. This is not a decision you think twice about.

Hogdomer

There is no way he is coming back.  From the horse's mouth.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Hogdomer on September 27, 2015, 11:58:26 am
There is no way he is coming back.  From the horse's mouth.

Unfortunately I think this is the truth. I'd love to get him back but he has his strong reasons for heading to the NFL. He runs like a pro RB. We'll be fine if we get AC to return next year. RWIII will be a dandy.
This is my non-signature signature.

spiritof92

I hope for his sake he can have a strong combine and maybe get picked up in the 3rd round. 

razorbackchamps94

He's gone to the draft ... Alex is gone as well .. RW3 will start next yr

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on September 27, 2015, 12:14:26 pm
He's gone to the draft ... Alex is gone as well .. RW3 will start next yr

If DMac didn't get it either year he was a finalist and the way media is filleting BB right now (which won't get better even if we win out due to their disappointments so far) he stands NO CHANCE of heisman consideration unless he runs for 250 every game.

Right now the media is in a love affair with the LSU RB. And he has to return next year.
This is my non-signature signature.

TeufelHog

Made a mistake guys . . . I thought Chubb, Fournette, Hurd, etc. were "Class of 16" NFL Draft eligible.  JWILL/AC would be crazy to stay another year.  Apologies!   

Inhogswetrust

That's selfish on your part.............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

spiritof92

This next draft is going to be loaded with RBs.  The highest I've seen Jonathon on any board is 9th.  I've seen him as far down as 17th.  Who's the top RB prospect and the next best for the 2017 draft is neither here nor there since Williams isn't going ahead of Henry and Elliot regardless of anything.  There are a lot of good backs behind those two as well (including Alex).  I don't see any advantage of going after this season versus the next. 

If his family needs money, I understand.   Just saying some are putting too much emphasis on Fournette.  Jonathon isn't really competing with the top 2 or 3 backs in the draft.  He's competing against the players after that.

TM Hog

I have no doubt that Collins is gone if he stays healthy. No doubt at all.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

TM Hog

I find it curious that folks say JWill is gone for financial reasons. How much does he get as a undrafted free agent? Not much. If that's his angle then he needs to stay and hope for the best and become a high draft pick. Otherwise the practice squad salary won't "take care" of his family.

spiritof92

Quote from: TM Hog on September 27, 2015, 01:22:10 pm
I find it curious that folks say JWill is gone for financial reasons. How much does he get as a undrafted free agent? Not much. If that's his angle then he needs to stay and hope for the best and become a high draft pick. Otherwise the practice squad salary won't "take care" of his family.

Sadly, a lot of prospects have a bunch of people in their ear telling them anything to get them to declare.  I sincerely hope Jonathon knocks it out of the park and manages to go in the third round but it's not something he can count on.