Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No throws to Morgan in the 4th or OT

Started by pigheaded, September 27, 2015, 10:31:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigheaded

My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

ricepig

Who do you think the last pass was thrown to, try watching the game.

Kevin

Edwards was wide open in the middle of the field
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BPsTheMan

progression dictates who the ball is thrown to

QB's don't run around looking for a certain receiver

Capt. Hamm

ricepig

pigheaded

I stand corrected
Morgan had a single pass thrown to him
My Mother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks her Wild Turkey right out of the bottle.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Kevin on September 27, 2015, 10:34:31 am
for a touchdown. WIDE open , only guy around him was a ref. Greanted, that ref would have probably batted the pass down with his cheatin-ass.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: pigheaded on September 27, 2015, 10:59:49 am
I stand corrected
Morgan had a single pass thrown to him
and it was stupid. Edwards was right in front of brandon WIDE open. idk how you miss that, BA>?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

hogginbama

Coverage often has a lot to do with the idea of throwing to a specific receiver. On the last pass, coverage to Morgan was tighter than security for the Pope, yet it was still thrown to him. That is what happens when the defense knows your tendancies are to throw to one receiver in crucial moment. Announcers said it all night, Morgan has become the go to guy in crucial moments, so the defense knew that the odds were the last play was going to Morgan, open or not.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

online-with-swine

I think it was Aaron Rodgers who said that you never go to the line of scrimmage already knowing who you are going to throw it to.

Porkys Revenge

I think last nights performance by Morgan proves that our coaches play favorites, not the most talented. Morgan and JoJo are better than Hatcher and whoever else they want to line up with him.

spiritof92

He's only 6'5.  Need taller WRs.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: online-with-swine on September 27, 2015, 11:29:24 am
I think it was Aaron Rodgers who said that you never go to the line of scrimmage already knowing who you are going to throw it to.

Now.... if we only had a quarterback who reminded us of Aaron Rodgers, even slightly. :'(
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

who knows

He stared at Morgan the whole time...didn't look for anyone else...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

lumphog

Cinco de Hogo

I actually looked for this thread because I knew we went away from Morgan late in the game.  I wanted to congratulate Drew but also point out how crazy it is that we can't get three guys with more physical ability than him involved in the game. What can you really say without absolutely slamming a player?

HSVhogfan2

He's been on the field so rarely that maybe BA didn't recognize him?
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: hogginbama on September 27, 2015, 11:03:16 am
Coverage often has a lot to do with the idea of throwing to a specific receiver. On the last pass, coverage to Morgan was tighter than security for the Pope, yet it was still thrown to him. That is what happens when the defense knows your tendancies are to throw to one receiver in crucial moment. Announcers said it all night, Morgan has become the go to guy in crucial moments, so the defense knew that the odds were the last play was going to Morgan, open or not.

We had gashed them on the same throw earlier in the game, the cb reacted a half step quicker on the last play, shows how small the margin for error is.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"