Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Rafe!

Started by Lake City Hog, September 27, 2015, 08:35:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

Most of last year and all of this year many, many people have called for him to get his chance to lead us to glory. People are so sure that he is the answer, giving us that added benefit of the run threat.

And now he is quickly becoming the forgotten man! People are quickly jumping on a new bandwagon! People just can't wait to go to Town!

3rd or 4th team at his old school, transfer here and has already been anointed as the starter in 2016. Never mind that Ty Storey had a nearly identical recruiting ranking and appears to be as tough as a pine knot! Never mind that Rafe has that extra dimension. Never mind that Austin will be in his 3rd year in the program!

Back-up Quarterback---The best job in the world! Never make a contribution, never get the crap knocked out of you, just stand on the sidelines and listen to the fan base call your name as a miracle worker. That is, until you become the starter!

Poor Rafe!! These may be the best years of his life!

PEtrader

I have been advocating for Rafe since the first game.  I could prove it withy history posts,  but those keep getting moved/deleted.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

ricepig

Quote from: PEtrader on September 27, 2015, 08:36:46 am
I have been advocating for Rafe since the first game.  I could prove it withy history posts,  but those keep getting moved/deleted.

You've got a convert, I'm guessing you wore him down, haha.

PorcineSublime

So a kid who came in to USC in the middle of his HS senior year was supposed to jump up to second or even first string? In an offense ill suited to his talents? OK. Now I am not saying that Ricky is going to burn up the SEC, but to declare him a bust at this point is foolish. If after he has been here a couple years he is still 3rd string, I will say, "Guess he was overrated".

As for Rafe, the knock on him seems to be the accuracy of his throws. All the running ability in the world will not do him any good in an offense that plays to the RBs and play action. He might be a great QB at Auburn, but not in the offense that we run. Sad for him, my guess is that he is a great kid. But could you imagine what Brandon Allen would do in AnMs or TNs offense, it wouldn't pretty. Horses for courses.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

bigdaddyhawg

News Flash:

Recruiting rankings kids had in high school mean ZIP after they leave high school!!

If Rafe is the best QB next year, he'll get his shot. CBB has way more invested in playing the best QB that we do.

But, just curious, have you seen anything at all that says Rafe has got what it takes?

I've not been to any practices, but I've seen the spring games and I've seen nothing that makes be go "wow" about Rafe. 

But I have no favorite -- I just want the best player to win the job, and then I want that guy to lead us to glory!!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

PEtrader

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 27, 2015, 09:03:23 am
News Flash:

Recruiting rankings kids had in high school mean ZIP after they leave high school!!

If Rafe is the best QB next year, he'll get his shot. CBB has way more invested in playing the best QB that we do.

But, just curious, have you seen anything at all that says Rafe has got what it takes?

I've not been to any practices, but I've seen the spring games and I've seen nothing that makes be go "wow" about Rafe. 

But I have no favorite -- I just want the best player to win the job, and then I want that guy to lead us to glory!!

Have I seen what he has?  No,  but I have seen what the other guys have.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Lake City Hog

Guys, it was a moment of levity! I never said Town was a bust, I never said Rafe couldn't play. I was simply poking a bit o fun at the "play the back-up" crowd.

HogimusMaximus

This season is already lost, prepare for next season.  Get the young guys some expeience and we will be a better team in the future 

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Lake City Hog on September 27, 2015, 09:07:37 am
Guys, it was a moment of levity! I never said Town was a bust, I never said Rafe couldn't play. I was simply poking a bit o fun at the "play the back-up" crowd.
Sorry, I was just confused by your post I guess. I have been a little overwhelmed by all the irrationality and lumped you in.  8)
I know that HS film means little, but to me Town looks the part. One could argue that Rafe and Ty looked the part as well, but when you compare levels of HS competition you see that there is  a big difference. Not saying the other two won't improve and maybe even stay in front of Ricky, but he has a rocket arm and appears to be pretty accurate.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

WhiteHairedDevil

Quote from: PEtrader on September 27, 2015, 09:05:33 am

So true.

Kevin

Time to give aa and rare snaps. Let's find out who can play.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogimusMaximus

Why don't you take a seat over there!

TNRazorbacker

The coaches will decide who plays. What everyone thinks on here is wind.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 27, 2015, 09:58:33 am
The coaches will decide who plays. What everyone thinks on here is wind.

Thanks for the insight.

jdelo77

Good god some of you already gave up on the season ? Hopefully you give your tickets to someone that can't afford to go to games ....

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Lake City Hog on September 27, 2015, 08:35:02 am
Most of last year and all of this year many, many people have called for him to get his chance to lead us to glory. People are so sure that he is the answer, giving us that added benefit of the run threat.

And now he is quickly becoming the forgotten man! People are quickly jumping on a new bandwagon! People just can't wait to go to Town!

3rd or 4th team at his old school, transfer here and has already been anointed as the starter in 2016. Never mind that Ty Storey had a nearly identical recruiting ranking and appears to be as tough as a pine knot! Never mind that Rafe has that extra dimension. Never mind that Austin will be in his 3rd year in the program!

Back-up Quarterback---The best job in the world! Never make a contribution, never get the crap knocked out of you, just stand on the sidelines and listen to the fan base call your name as a miracle worker. That is, until you become the starter!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on September 27, 2015, 08:35:02 am

One earned his ranking in California while the other in a small town in Arkansas. Also I don't recall seeing Ty do much during his Elite 11 performance.

Oh that is right he wasn't there. Your hyperbole is as bad as the ones saying Town is the starter next year.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on September 27, 2015, 09:07:37 am

Well now don't I look silly.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

bigdaddyhawg

No, you haven't.  You've seen what BA has, that's it.

That's along the lines of pulling a name out of a hat and saying "I want this guy!"
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858