Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would it have been better keeping Chaney an extra year?

Started by FoozeyHog, September 27, 2015, 08:33:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FoozeyHog

With the defense side of the ball going through a complete rework.  Looking back at how we struggled running the ball against utep and toledo.  Do you think having Chaney 1 more year helps the offense  get back to form faster?
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

Razorfox

Hard to say.  One major goal was for us to improve the passing game.  It happened.  The coaches should be commended for achieving one of their goals.  The running game took a hit, but it's hard to know how much of that had to do with coaching change and how much of it had to do with losing JWill and Collins being sick.  It seems to be back as of last night.  So overall, assuming we maintain last night's productivity, we should have an overall better offense than last year. 

Buff

The receiving stats for that guy in the 3rd row sure have gone down this year.

havok

I think the Offense (This week) was at a level that we could win lots of Games, if the Defense was up to or closer to the level we were, end of last year.

If we can run the ball like we did, with the added improvement of Passing (Excluding the end of game must have drives).. and the defense can stop opponents giving our Offense 2 or more possessions, whoever we are playing would give up by 3rd quarter like Texas did in the Bowl game.

jm

Probably would have been better early in the year-- it just takes a little live action for a coach to know the players strengths and what they just cannot do.

online-with-swine

Penalties have lost us games against Toledo and AM.  Defense lost the game against TTech.

bvillepig

I see improvement in the passing game and we are now getting back to the physical side of the running game. The one thing missing is streaching the field in the passing game.  I think by design we are milking the clock to limit touches by the opponants.
i would like to see a few calls in second and short where we go for it without regard to the clock.  Would also like to see a few possessions of hurry up,
I like where we are headed more than where Chaney was going. 

Smokehouse

There were at least two SEC coaches I remember talking about how difficult it was to prepare for our rushing attack because of all the different formations we could run out of. I think Chaney brought more to the table in the run game than most on this board are acknowledging. To improve the passing game we're trying to do more out of base sets to disguise the run/pass but it loses some of what was going well in the running game. Probably an even trade when all is said and done.

I don't think the offense has looked that bad, outside of the rushing attack versus Toledo when we had to start passing every down because we couldn't get anything on the ground. Even when people have been complaining about play calling, Enos has dialed up plays that have receivers wide open. The problem is in preparation and execution, not play calling or the scheme.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

MiHogsMi

Keeping Chaney wasn't an option.  He got his arse out of here.  Couldn't work for Bert.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.