Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema is a 6-6 coach at best

Started by HouseOfHam, September 27, 2015, 08:32:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HouseOfHam

The guy had a history of never beating the good teams he played in the Big 10 and unfortunately for us 90% of the teams we play are good. He is too conservative (plays not to lose) which results in his 0-10 record in 10 points or less games here. He lost all the close games at Wisconsin too.
His recruiting is overrated, in fact Petrino recruited better than him save for one class. Reminder Petrino had a class ranked 15th or so. Bielema will never come close to a class ranked that high.

Bret had so many of you fooled because he can give a good speech/press conference. He is nothing more than a used car salesman.

Danny J

He looks to be Houston Nutt without the inherited players he did when he arrived at Arkansas and Ole Miss.

0-10 in games decided by 9 points or less....speaks volumes. Wins and losses are really the only stat that matters.

I don't care if BA threw for 800 yards. I don't care if we lost 4 defensive players to the draft. I don't care to blame this on CBP like Obama and the dems blamed Bush.

He was hired and paid A LOT to do a job. In year 3 we are regressing.

Razorfox

So much fail.  We were 7-6 last year. 

HogKongPhooey

Quote from: Razorfox on September 27, 2015, 08:38:11 am
What was our record before the bowl game last year?  Yes, 6-6

HouseOfHam

Quote from: Razorfox on September 27, 2015, 08:38:11 am
finished regular season 6-6

But please keep faith in the cocky/arrogant coach like a high school girl. I now see how he pulled in his wife.

Razorfox

Quote from: HogKongPhooey on September 27, 2015, 08:42:41 am

So what?  It's fail on it's most basic level; we won more than the maximum number of games the OP said was his best.

And even giving the benefit of the doubt, to say that the best he can do was in his second year of a re-build is just silly.  His long-term history shows that 6-6 is bad for him, not good. 

FoozeyHog

Quote from: HogKongPhooey on September 27, 2015, 08:42:41 am
One less win than what our final record was.  Whats your point?
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

z1on

Quote from: Razorfox on September 27, 2015, 08:44:43 am
His long-term history shows that 6-6 is bad for him, not good.

Long term history in the pathetic BIG 10

Danny J

Quote from: z1on on September 27, 2015, 08:46:06 am
Where he beat up on the power houses programs of Indian, Minn and Iowa.

Razorfox

Quote from: z1on on September 27, 2015, 08:46:06 am

Oh Dear Lord, we're back to this stupidity again. Every coach that people wanted had their success in a "pathetic" conference compared to the SEC. 

Danny J

Quote from: Razorfox on September 27, 2015, 08:44:43 am
So what?  It's fail on it's most basic level; we won more than the maximum number of games the OP said was his best.

And even giving the benefit of the doubt, to say that the best he can do was in his second year of a re-build is just silly.  His long-term history shows that 6-6 is bad for him, not good.
Who cares about his long term history? Lets talk about 3-9, 7-6 and looks to be 5-7(at best). Is that acceptable to you? We fired Nutt for A LOT less.

Razorfox

Quote from: Danny J on September 27, 2015, 08:48:38 am
Who cares about his long term history? Lets talk about 3-9, 7-6 and looks to be 5-7(at best). Is that acceptable to you? We fired Nutt for A LOT less.

No, it's not acceptable.  But I'm not convinced it's as good as it gets.  You only want to look at the most recent history instead of taking a more long-term view. 

That logic means that Gus and Petrino suck too. 

hog911

Quote from: Razorfox on September 27, 2015, 08:48:22 am
Oh Dear Lord, we're back to this stupidity again. Every coach that people wanted had their success in a "pathetic" conference compared to the SEC.

Look, I would have shined as a coach in the big ten during those years. Ohio St and Michigan St were way down, Michigan was horrible, Wisconsin was steady, and the rest were dumpster fires. BB has never built a program from the ground up. He's never had to, 90% of Wisconsin's player are from within a radius of 120 miles of Madison. Even if you totally dismiss this reply he's still 2-15 in the SEC and loses all close games. HDN would have won at least five of them.

Razorfox

Quote from: hog911 on September 27, 2015, 09:05:48 am
Look, I would have shined as a coach in the big ten during those years. Ohio St and Michigan St were way down, Michigan was horrible, Wisconsin was steady, and the rest were dumpster fires. BB has never built a program from the ground up. He's never had to, 90% of Wisconsin's player are from within a radius of 120 miles of Madison. Even if you totally dismiss this reply he's still 2-15 in the SEC and loses all close games. HDN would have won at least five of them.

But tell us how great the Mountain West, Big East, and ACC conferences that other desired coaches were from were SO AWESOME!!!

dagnamit

at best 6-6 NO

at best I could see 8-5 and 9-3. Regular season

rzrbackrob

If the options are
A. B e r t
Or
B. HDN
I choose
C. Anyone else
Good is the enemy of great

HogimusMaximus

I would love  6-6 record this year, build on a bowl game in the offseason  Think we might be 4-8 though. :puke:

dagnamit

Quote from: rzrbackrob on September 27, 2015, 09:12:39 am
If the options are
A. B e r t
Or
B. HDN
I choose
C. Anyone else
Well, you are ignorant. Coach BB is the best option out there for Hog fans. It was a good hire.

Of course most of you will not be happy unless you see a NC. Good Luck with that. You would be unhappy with Nick Saban on the Hill.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: HouseOfHam on September 27, 2015, 08:32:08 am
The guy had a history of never beating the good teams he played in the Big 10 and unfortunately for us 90% of the teams we play are good. He is too conservative (plays not to lose) which results in his 0-10 record in 10 points or less games here. He lost all the close games at Wisconsin too.
His recruiting is overrated, in fact Petrino recruited better than him save for one class. Reminder Petrino had a class ranked 15th or so. Bielema will never come close to a class ranked that high.

Bret had so many of you fooled because he can give a good speech/press conference. He is nothing more than a used car salesman.

Louisville and Petrino are 1-3 this year with the only win coming against might Samford.  You really should quit posting before you make yourself appear more ignorant and stupid than you already have and that will take some doing. 

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on September 27, 2015, 09:18:17 am
Louisville and Petrino are 1-3 this year with the only win coming against might Samford.  You really should quit posting before you make yourself appear more ignorant and stupid than you already have and that will take some doing.

It doesn't stop other posters.

Blue35

Bielema and co were completely out coached and out recruited by tam and co. They have the speed and we have big guys that are not near as quick nor fast. I don't care if they are as big as the Oakland Raiders, TT and TAM will beat them every time with speed.  Bielema stands on the side and looks completely discombobulated, confused and looking like a deer in a headlight. Will he ever figure it out? Me thinks not.

rzrbackrob

Quote from: dagnamit on September 27, 2015, 09:17:52 am
Well, you are ignorant. Coach BB is the best option out there for Hog fans. It was a good hire.

Of course most of you will not be happy unless you see a NC. Good Luck with that. You would be unhappy with Nick Saban on the Hill.

I'm thrilled for you because you have exactly what you want.
Wish I could love being 2-15 in the SEC over the last three years.
Good is the enemy of great