Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loser Leave Town Game...Per SEC Network

Started by hawgdawg63, September 27, 2015, 08:25:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdawg63

Sec Saturday review just commented that next weeks Hog/Tenner game should be called the LOSER LEAVE TOWN Game. I had to laugh but that is really tuff to swallow. They said both teams had tons of hype before the season as the real deal but both have not lived up to it.

Both coaches in their same year and media thinks it is time to put up or shut up. One of these teams next week moves forward. What happens in the long run with the losing program(over than playing the next game answer)?

Will the media really hurt either program more than the losing?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

regi

Tennessee can't throw or cover the pass, we are solid against run, both teams however, find ways to lose. Toss up.

Razorfox

Tenn did not look good yesterday at all.  If you can somehow slow down their QB's called runs (maybe it's not easy, but seems to be on the surface), they don't have much else. 

hogcard1964

We're not going to win until we play Auburn. 

hawgdawg63

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 27, 2015, 08:32:31 am
We're not going to win until we play Auburn.
[/quo

Given the Hogs haven't won an SEC road game since CBB got here it doesn't look good.

Which coach suffers the most from losing(not talking about losing their job but losing support from the players)?

tangman

go hogues

What did they say about Auburn, then? They've been on their knees for Gus and Co. since last January.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Torqued pork

We're sandwiched between Florida and Bama on the Vol's schedule. The Hogs take this game with any luck.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 27, 2015, 09:49:07 am
The Hogs take this game with any luck.
Luck ?  that has become a foreign concept to Razorback sports....I remember the days when Scott Bull threw into double coverage in the south end zone at War Memorial to Teddy Barnes who somehow came down with it which began a beating  of then unbeaten and #2 A&M....I remember Scotty Thurman hitting an impossible 3 to beat Duke in their own back yard to win the National Championship....I remember U.S. Reed desperation heave to beat defending national champions Louisville, I remember Ron Brewer, Sr backing down Bill Hanzlik in the FInal FOur consolation game in '78 and hitting a turn around jumper from the top of the key to beat Notre Dame for 3rd place....I remember McCann's bottom of the 9th walk off 3 run homer to beat LSU 4-3, I could go on and on....so you say "with any luck"....the only Luck the Razorback sports program is familiar with the past few years is if you are an Indianapolis Colts fan and keep up with their quarterback. Our luck has long since left us. Why ?  Like the Kid Rock song goes, "Only God knows why"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Torqued pork

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 27, 2015, 09:59:39 am
Luck ?  that has become a foreign concept to Razorback sports....I remember the days when Scott Bull threw into double coverage in the south end zone at War Memorial to Teddy Barnes who somehow came down with it which began a beating  of then unbeaten and #2 A&M....I remember Scotty Thurman hitting an impossible 3 to beat Duke in their own back yard to win the National Championship....I remember U.S. Reed desperation heave to beat defending national champions Louisville, I remember Ron Brewer, Sr backing down Bill Hanzlik in the FInal FOur consolation game in '78 and hitting a turn around jumper from the top of the key to beat Notre Dame for 3rd place....I remember McCann's bottom of the 9th walk off 3 run homer to beat LSU 4-3, I could go on and on....so you say "with any luck"....the only Luck the Razorback sports program is familiar with the past few years is if you are an Indianapolis Colts fan and keep up with their quarterback. Our luck has long since left us. Why ?  Like the Kid Rock song goes, "Only God knows why"
You're absolutely correct. "Luck" should never be used by a long suffering Hog fan unless it's preceded by " bad".

Oliver

Anybody know what Butch Jones's contract buyout is?

WorfHog

If we're up by 10 or more going into the fourth we win, if not we lose.

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

DeltaBoy

We need to have 14-21 point lead and for the love of God we have to score 2-3 TD' S in the the Second Half.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.