Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Play Makers

Started by jpsand, September 27, 2015, 07:45:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jpsand

It seems that the difference in the end is big time playmakers.  We can go down the field 4 or 5 yards at a time but when we get a loss on 1st down or need 15 plus yards we seem to be without the player to step up and be unstoppable. 

Razorfox

Recruiting.  Those players are "usually" known before they ever step on campus.  Did you have anyone identified like that in any of the past four classes?  A&M had several, I can tell you that. 

jpsand

Maybe this where a few 5 stars can make a difference.  Build a team with 2,3,4 star players and win with a few world beaters.

Razorfox

That's usually what happens.  Take out Bama on the top end and Vandy on the bottom end, and the typical SEC team will have 1 to 3 5-star studs signed every year to be those superstars.  Arkansas, on the other hand, may get 1 every 3-5 years instead. 

hawg IQ

Quote from: jpsand on September 27, 2015, 07:45:54 am
It seems that the difference in the end is big time playmakers.  We can go down the field 4 or 5 yards at a time but when we get a loss on 1st down or need 15 plus yards we seem to be without the player to step up and be unstoppable. 
This game we had enough good players to win. We were penalized for holding far to many times. Had we made a first on 4th and 3 on next last drive, we win.
   I do think we need to have a better defense plan than what we saw when A&M drove and tied the game late. That's a big beef on BB's teams !  They could write a book on how to blow games.
Now what is wrong, really wrong with this team, not much, but a little. We have lost key players to injuries.  Our O-line is good but have to hold their cool when trying close a game out. The defense is not as good without Flowers, Philon and Spraight. The secondary has been deplorable all fall. The safeties are asleep at the wheel sometimes and play like rookies.

And yes we can lay a lot on coaching, they are just not getting people prepared to win. And lastly is " why does almost every officiating crew seemingly hate us' ?
I saw penalties called against us that was weak at best( especially holding) I saw the same against them not called and a couple of horse collar tackles against them not called. I saw spotting forward progress back sometime a whole yard and the other team getting more than they got.
go hogs go !

ricepig

Quote from: hawg IQ on September 27, 2015, 08:41:57 am
This game we had enough good players to win. We were penalized for holding far to many times. Had we made a first on 4th and 3 on next last drive, we win.
   I do think we need to have a better defense plan than what we saw when A&M drove and tied the game late. That's a big beef on BB's teams !  They could write a book on how to blow games.
Now what is wrong, really wrong with this team, not much, but a little. We have lost key players to injuries.  Our O-line is good but have to hold their cool when trying close a game out. The defense is not as good without Flowers, Philon and Spraight. The secondary has been deplorable all fall. The safeties are asleep at the wheel sometimes and play like rookies.

And yes we can lay a lot on coaching, they are just not getting people prepared to win. And lastly is " why does almost every officiating crew seemingly hate us' ?
I saw penalties called against us that was weak at best( especially holding) I saw the same against them not called and a couple of horse collar tackles against them not called. I saw spotting forward progress back sometime a whole yard and the other team getting more than they got.

I'm not one to blame the officiating, but it didn't seem that the "holding"calls were very even, we got held on every play, as did they. We just got it called on us more often.