Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 years

Started by bruisemeister, September 27, 2015, 07:37:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bruisemeister

CBB should be given 5 years before they should consider letting him go. He inherited a mess. He is still playing with Petrino players. The fact the team got those 3 late season wins was a surprise. No one should have expected the team to win 9-10 games based on that. It doesn't look so good though.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Buff

Petrino players? Out best players last year were Petrino players.

hoghearted

Quote from: Buff on September 27, 2015, 07:45:22 am

It's a lie that has been repeated over and over, regardless that CBB's recruiting rankings have been no different than BP's.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Hawghiggs

We shouldn't expect world beaters in year 3. But we should expect progress. Losing to Toledo is flat out unacceptable. The coaches are being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. If not millions. At some point they need to be held accountable. I don't expect us to beat Alabama. But I do expect us to be better than Toledo.

hogcard1964

Razorfox

Quote from: Buff on September 27, 2015, 07:45:22 am

Not surprising, they're the older players.  Even in year 3 of Petrino, a good portion of the players were Nutt leftovers or recruited by Nutt before he left that last year.  Heck, even today, there are Bielema recruits playing key roles for ranked Wisconsin. 

z1on

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bruisemeister on September 27, 2015, 07:37:23 am
CBB should be given 5 years before they should consider letting him go. He inherited a mess. He is still playing with Petrino players. The fact the team got those 3 late season wins was a surprise. No one should have expected the team to win 9-10 games based on that. It doesn't look so good though.

Are you saying that regardless of who recruited them our players aren't as good as Toledo and TT's?

Check the recruiting rankings of those schools for the last five years.  There are no reason for excuses, it is what it is.  The reasons we lost have nothing to do with who recruited a player and I'm sure you know that.

z1on

Quote from: hoghearted on September 27, 2015, 07:47:30 am
regardless that CBB's recruiting rankings have been no different than BP's.

Truth

Everyone loves to say Bielema is an elite recrutier, when his classes are basically identical to Petrino's.

Razorfox

Quote from: z1on on September 27, 2015, 08:20:28 am
Truth

Everyone loves to say Bielema is an elite recrutier, when his classes are basically identical to Petrino's.

They're a bit better.  If nothing else, look at who he is beating out for the recruits.  I think we've only recruited a handful of players in three years that didn't have at least a P5 offer, and almost all of them have SEC offers.  With Petrino, that was probably only about 50% or so. 

5 little pigs

We were competitive last night but just don't have the leadership to finish.  Not necessarily a knock on BA, the guy puts up great stats and manages the game very well as long as we don't get in a situation where he has to make a play, ordinary or extraordinary.  He just has proven he cannot get it done!!  I don't dislike the young man and think he is giving his all.  Feel for him, but some folks have it and some don't.  Regarding Bielema, he inherited a complete train wreck and yes, he signed on for that, but honestly believe he will get it done after 4-5 years.  Something that continues to bother me is the personnel we have continue to shoot themselves in the foot with foolish penalties.  Our defense has reverted to the old D's of the past where the DB's cannot cover, tackle or look for the ball.   That can be coached!!!  Still on board and hoping to turn it around but believe time to start looking at future in some positions.

IntegrityHog

Totally agree.  I am withholding judgment on CBB until after the 2018 season.  That will be the first year he has 5th-year seniors that he recruited (I don't count his first class because he only had 2 weeks to recruit). 

CBB's system is based on developing players over a number of years, and takes time to implement.  I'll be patient.

Arkfan

The buyout pretty much guarantees that...

NuttinItUp

He should be given 25 years and a guaranteed $1.5 billion buyout.

Torqued pork

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 27, 2015, 08:46:30 am
He should be given 25 years and a guaranteed $1.5 billion buyout.
No adjustment for inflation? Long will never keep him by being so cheap.

Laughing Hog

If it's 5 years total (and any coach should get that), then he has about two more classes to recruit some SEC speed (yes there are a lot of other factors that need to happen, but if we don't have elite speed in this conference, we'll stay where we are now) . If he doesn't get us some speed we'll see more of what we've been seeing and he'll be gone.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

chortle

Quote from: bruisemeister on September 27, 2015, 07:37:23 am

The problem with that argument is that in year 6 or 7 of this train wreck, you'll still be laying it at the feet of Petrino players.

Some of A&M's best players on the field were freshmen. We are three years removed from Petrino. CBB has had ample opportunity to recruit and develop at least some players, and hasn't.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Razorfox on September 27, 2015, 08:22:41 am
They're a bit better.  If nothing else, look at who he is beating out for the recruits.  I think we've only recruited a handful of players in three years that didn't have at least a P5 offer, and almost all of them have SEC offers.  With Petrino, that was probably only about 50% or so.

Then explain why we aren't winning.

Never mind I already know what you are going to say and it's pure BS.

LZH

Quote from: chortle on September 27, 2015, 10:51:08 am

The problem with that argument is that in year 6 or 7 of this train wreck, you'll still be laying it at the feet of Petrino players.

Some of A&M's best players on the field were freshmen. We are three years removed from Petrino. CBB has had ample opportunity to recruit and develop at least some players, and hasn't.

I will never, ever understand the excrement that grown men are willing to eat just to defend a particular coach.....program be darned.  They laughed their butts off at coaches like Shula, Croom, Orgeron, Kiffin, etc. and etc.  But those guys basically had the same records (or better) than what BB has here, yet 'our guy' is special.  I swear I think they would rather see us go 4-8 for two or three years in a row in order to avoid having to admit that he was/is the wrong hire.

And no, you don't fire a guy after three years.  But if year #4 is another train wreck, it's time to look around for another candidate then pass the hat and find a way to buy him out.

HOGINTENNESSEE

It's year 3 with time to salvage the season if we actually finish games.

He will get a year 4 with a chance to earn a year 5

VBHOG

He will get 5 years or maybe 25 years because he made it fun for Jeff Long to go to the office again. After all, isn't that what really matters?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Maybe by year 5 we can learn how to win a close game.

jgphillips3

Here's the deal, short of pulling a Petrino and violating a morals clause, Bielema isn't going anywhere this year and he shouldn't.  He isn't going anywhere after next year either unless HE chooses to leave.  He will get to coach his 2017 squad but he will have to show results by then.  Some assistants may not survive that long and get sacrificed for him but CBB will be here.  If we aren't a 9 win or better caliber program in 2017, he will be on his way out within a year or people will start deserting the program ala the end of the Nutt era.  I believe Long will honor his word and give him the 6 year commitment.  Let's hope he starts to turn it around.

SteveInArk

Seems a lot of teams in America ... are successfully playing freshman in key positions, when needed, and they get great results out of them.  It's all the game announcers want to talk about.

But here, we have a "wait 5 years" crowd around here, that seem happy to accept mediocre results ... without question.  And without the desire to see if we got some diamonds in the rough on the team.  And then have the gall to imply the young guys must be overrated, since we've not seen them on the field!  Lots of blind faith in the coaching decisions in my opinion.  I honestly don't get it. 
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

bigbadhog

5 years is a $20mill experiment.  Let that sink in.  $20mill to put this product on the field...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Potosihog

Its true what some of you are saying. "Petrino and CBB have similar numbers in recruiting. The difference will pay off when way more of those players are still on the roster after three years. 

chortle

Quote from: Potosihog on September 27, 2015, 07:49:11 pm
Its true what some of you are saying. "Petrino and CBB have similar numbers in recruiting. The difference will pay off when way more of those players are still on the roster after three years. 

Allow me to demonstrate the fallacy of that argument. You can't say that Petrino left the cupboard bare because we had no talent and then say that B e r t and Petrino are recruiting at about the same clip.

If that is true, then according to your logic, we'll just have the same crappy players, they'll just stay longer.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room