Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I feel sorry for the mods

Started by PEtrader, September 27, 2015, 06:08:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PEtrader

Guys who are unpaid mind you,  having to delete more posts after yesterday than remained up I imagine. 
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

FoozeyHog

Hogville isn't even the worst of it.  Skipper Allen half the team being bashed over twitter. We need a 24hour internet ban for the entire state following a Razorbacks loss.
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: FoozeyHog on September 27, 2015, 06:18:59 am
Hogville isn't even the worst of it.  Skipper Allen half the team being bashed over twitter. We need a 24hour internet ban for the entire state following a Razorbacks loss.
That's beyond stupid. Recruits watch Twitter more than any other internet outlet. When we eat our own there, it hurts us more than I think some "fans" realize.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on September 27, 2015, 06:48:33 am
That's beyond stupid. Recruits watch Twitter more than any other internet outlet. When we eat our own there, it hurts us more than I think some "fans" realize.

You know it does.   And what's really sad is yesterday is a loss that could have happened if we'd been playing well all season and came in undefeated.

We should have won that game and they're a legit top 15 team.  We didn't play badly at all. We finally looked like what we should have and simply lost.

Yet.......On here and apparently Twitter, the sky is falling and we MUST find a sacrificial lamb(s).
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

lefty08

Its a main reason we can thave anything nice. Id be willing to bet that Arkansas is negative recruited against more than any team in the West, and the majority of the ammo comes from our own "fans"
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

FoozeyHog

Yep,  every opposing  coach just has to take the tweets and threads about firing Bielema and bashing players. That alone would make a 17 year old question our stability.
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

PEtrader

Quote from: FoozeyHog on September 27, 2015, 07:27:14 am
Yep,  every opposing  coach just has to take the tweets and threads about firing Bielema and bashing players. That alone would make a 17 year old question our stability.

It makes me question our stability.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

code red

Then we wouldn't have a forum.   Folks are critical which comes from the word critic.  The evidence for supporting their opinion is valid at this point.  I haven't spoken to very many alumi...that have complemented coach B positively.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Stability is just a "Longism"....just like "the eye test" he is something.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

DEVIL DOG HOG

If the negative fans know as much about football as they think they do then they should be head coaches in the NFL.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

PEtrader

Quote from: code red on September 27, 2015, 07:32:06 am
Stability is just a "Longism"....just like "the eye test" he is something.

What? 

Hoggish1

Why do you use the word "fans?"  And, what is this twitter you say?

Lanny

Arkansas fan base is no different than other fan bases when it comes to losses.  Half the teams lost yesterday.  Other team sites
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Pig In The City

I don't call a person who bashes players on social media a fan. Social media brings out the worst in people who don't know much about football or anything else for that matter. There are too many know-it-alls who invest too much of their own unfulfilled dreams through a state football team. Our fans need a reality check. Going off the deep end hurts no one but you and the perception of this state. Get a life. Get some perspective. Quit acting like a child that did not get to ride the pony.

I am not sure what is wrong. I can only speculate here in good natured conversation like most here because I love this University.  I can speak in generalities and discuss possible issues at certain positions but blaming any one person for a team loss, unless it is the head coach, isn't remotely fair.

The players gave a much improved game last night. They played more physical and with more intensity but this team lost last night's game because of penalties and let downs on both sides of the ball.  No one play cost the game but the cumulative of many poorly executed plays over the course of the entire game. Talent wins out in close games 9 out of 10 times. Last night was no different. We keep building and getting better. That is all there is. In the meantime, fans need to quit bashing players, get out of the Lay-Z-Boy, and go make their own accomplishments in this great big world.

lefty08

Quote from: Lanny on September 27, 2015, 07:53:35 am
Arkansas fan base is no different than other fan bases when it comes to losses.  Half the teams lost yesterday.  Other team sites

Looking at twitter I may have to disagree with you.......

Here, maybe so, but this isnt the only place where players get thrown under the bus
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

lefty08

Quote from: Pig In The City on September 27, 2015, 07:53:58 am
I don't call a person who bashes players on social media a fan. Social media brings out the worst in people who don't know much about football or anything else for that matter. There are too many know-it-alls who invest too much of their own unfulfilled dreams through a state football team. Our fans need a reality check. Going off the deep end hurts no one but you and the perception of this state. Get a life. Get some perspective. Quit acting like a child that did not get to ride the pony.

I am not sure what is wrong. I can only speculate here in good natured conversation like most here because I love this University.  I can speak in generalities and discuss possible issues at certain positions but blaming any one person for a team loss, unless it is the head coach, isn't remotely fair.

The players gave a much improved game last night. They played more physical and with more intensity but this team lost last night's game because of penalties and let downs on both sides of the ball.  No one play cost the game but the cumulative of many poorly executed plays over the course of the entire game. Talent wins out in close games 9 out of 10 times. Last night was no different. We keep building and getting better. That is all there is. In the meantime, fans need to quit bashing players, get out of the Lay-Z-Boy, and go make their own accomplishments in this great big world.

well said

ricepig

Quote from: code red on September 27, 2015, 07:30:48 am
Then we wouldn't have a forum.   Folks are critical which comes from the word critic.  The evidence for supporting their opinion is valid at this point.  I haven't spoken to very many alumi...that have complemented coach B positively.

I haven't spoken to very many that have criticized him.

UAROCKDOG

We need to control all negative messages posted.   It is out of control with all the bashing of CBB and BA.   We need to delete all negative posts or our recruiting will suffer. 

FoozeyHog

How many of those teams have a history of flying planes over their own stadium?

poloprince

BB wins some games and it lessens their burden I firmly believe.
$PoLoPrInCe$

FoozeyHog

This team is going to win some games.