Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Don't See It Happening

Started by Mitch C, September 27, 2015, 05:13:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch C

The only sports I remotely follow are Football, Baseball, and Basketball.  I am now 50, and I don't see the University of Arkansas winning a National Championship in any of those sports in my lifetime.  So I guess I have to resign myself to the life of a Cubs fan, and just support them because I love the team.  I think the only way to keep my sanity is to quit hoping for a Conference Championship or National Championship.

FoozeyHog

Do you support the hogs?  Or do you need the hogs to support you?  Some of you people act like the outcome in these games will change your life for better or worse.
MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

harrisburghog

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: FoozeyHog on September 27, 2015, 06:12:20 am
Do you support the hogs?  Or do you need the hogs to support you?  Some of you people act like the outcome in these games will change your life for better or worse.

In our meager, little hum-drum lives, these games mean THE WHOLE WORLD to us, and don't you forget it, mister!

WE ARE ARKANSAS

razorhog52

I've been a season ticket holder since the day I graduated college. I think the frustrating thing for me is the constant pressure for more money from me. "You must make this donation or we are moving your tickets." Then, after spending thousands of dollars on a game, paying a coach millions, we get this product.

FoozeyHog

Quote from: razorhog52 on September 27, 2015, 06:27:02 am
I've been a season ticket holder since the day I graduated college. I think the frustrating thing for me is the constant pressure for more money from me. "You must make this donation or we are moving your tickets." Then, after spending thousands of dollars on a game, paying a coach millions, we get this product.
If you feel you're not getting your money's worth,  stop donating.   You spent your money to go see your team play.  In return you get access to seats in a stadium to watch a show. You take your family and spend the day with them.  If that isnt good enough then end the relationship. 

MODERATORS: they can move in and out of any users still hard-wired to their system. Inside the Hogville forums, they are everyone, and they are no one! We have survived by hiding from them and by running from them, but they are the gatekeepers. They are guarding all the doors, they are holding all the keys which means that sooner or later, someone is going to have to fight them.

I won't lie to you: every single man or woman who has stood their ground, everyone who has fought a moderator has died. But where they have failed, you will succeed.

I've seen a moderator punch through a concrete wall, users have emptied entire clips at them and hit nothing but air - yet their strength and their speed are still based in a world that is built on rules, because of that! they will never be as strong or as fast as you can be! -foozey

razorhog52

I might. I feel like the Razorback Foundation may price out a lot of people. You can't charge Alabama prices and give a Vanderbilt product.

FoozeyHog

Quote from: razorhog52 on September 27, 2015, 06:45:01 am
I might. I feel like the Razorback Foundation may price out a lot of people. You can't charge Alabama prices and give a Vanderbilt product.
Sorry you feel the only value from being part of the UofA is having a winning football team.  I truly hope your relatives all find themselves happily enrolled at either of the Alabama schools.  I would hate for anyone else in your family to be subjected to the harsh reality of amature athletes losing in a sporting event.

code red

Its a big business....year 3 of an investment and your stock broker is only made 11of 28 trades that have made a return.....Would you stick with that setup.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

nesjunk

In baseball, we are there.  We just need the right breaks at the right time.  Coach Van Horn is recruiting well, keeps getting us to the CWS, and prepares players for the next level.  We even had the Golden Spikes winner last season.  We are there.  No need to lump the Omahogs in with the others.

razorhog52

Quote from: FoozeyHog on September 27, 2015, 07:18:52 am
Sorry you feel the only value from being part of the UofA is having a winning football team.  I truly hope your relatives all find themselves happily enrolled at either of the Alabama schools.  I would hate for anyone else in your family to be subjected to the harsh reality of amature athletes losing in a sporting event.

That is not what I'm saying and you know it. In saying that the Razorback Foundation has turned this amateur event into all business. Except when it comes to their responsibility of putting a good product on the field. I have always and will always support the hogs.

lefty08

Quote from: Mitch C on September 27, 2015, 05:13:28 am
The only sports I remotely follow are Football, Baseball, and Basketball.  I am now 50, and I don't see the University of Arkansas winning a National Championship in any of those sports in my lifetime.  So I guess I have to resign myself to the life of a Cubs fan, and just support them because I love the team.  I think the only way to keep my sanity is to quit hoping for a Conference Championship or National Championship.

We all feel sorry for you Mitch, may God have mercy on your soul. You have put in so much hard work and effort that we all hate to see it wasted by teenagers busting their asses every single day of the year. We all feel sorry for YOU because you will never see a national championship and have that trophy to show your grandkids. You will never have those stories of battle, or the lockerroom stories, and you will always miss the smell of the field turf on a Saturday night. Its amazing these guys refuse to give YOU that.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Athog

Quote from: code red on September 27, 2015, 07:26:22 am
Its a big business....year 3 of an investment and your stock broker is only made 11of 28 trades that have made a return.....Would you stick with that setup.

It is COLLEGE football. Get a life!! Your world must be very small!!

Razorbacks#1

Well, its too bad you missed out on that 1994 Basketball Championship season, only being 50 and all. It was an awesome time.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

SemperHawg

Participation ribbons and orange slices for all.  Everything will be just fine, just keep donating.

lefty08

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 27, 2015, 07:36:15 am
Participation ribbons and orange slices for all.  Everything will be just fine, just keep donating.

Or dont, its your choice
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

SemperHawg

Quote from: lefty08 on September 27, 2015, 07:38:02 am

Or dont, its your choice
I get what you guys are trying to do with some of the idiot reactions on the board and all... But it is still ok to hate losing and ask questions right?  Your take your investment (and that's what it is)and move on reactions are almost as equally silly.  Where would the program be without fans and donors who paid to see quality football.  Not even wins, just quality effort and execution, the product yesterday was clearly not the ROI some here were looking for. But you're right just because I don't agree with you or I hate losing then I should just stop attending games or spending my hard earned dollar on the program in any way, that will certainly send the right message.

FoozeyHog

Quote from: code red on September 27, 2015, 07:26:22 am
Lol,  do you have to pay a 15m dollar broker change fee if you decide changing firms?  And you guys love throwing year 3 out there over and over.
Do you realize the condition of the program post Petrino? 

2011: we had 33 commitments,  remaining on the team 7
2012: we had 24 commitments,  remaining on the team 7

Do you know how many players on defense this is their first year as a starter? 
Do you know know the psychological state of the players that are still on this team from the Petrino JLS debacle?
Do you know the issues going from a finesse team to a power team? 
I mean if you have 15m to throw at this problem just go buy us a team so good even Hugh Freeze could win with. Otherwise what's the point of not giving Bielema the time he needs? 

FoozeyHog

Quote from: SemperHawg on September 27, 2015, 07:48:42 am
I get what you guys are trying to do with some of the idiot reactions on the board and all... But it is still ok to hate losing and ask questions right?  Your take your investment (and that's what it is)and move on reactions are almost as equally silly.  Where would the program be without fans and donors who paid to see quality football.  Not even wins, just quality effort and execution, the product yesterday was clearly not the ROI some here were looking for. But you're right just because I don't agree with you or I hate losing then I should just stop attending games or spending my hard earned dollar on the program in any way, that will certainly send the right message.
Asking questions is normal after a tough loss everyone is disappointed in the season,  only point I'm making is lets put water on the fires not gasoline.  Bashing players,  acting crazy about firing Bielema at this point is not helping the football program. It makes us look unstable and hurts recruiting,  which is our only way out of this mess.

DeltaBoy

I don't either an  I turn 50 in Dec.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Poker_hog

Don't give up op.  College football is all about coaching. Look what freeze is doing or what cbp did here.  We hired a dud.  He won't be here forever.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 27, 2015, 07:58:33 am
I don't either an  I turn 50 in Dec.
And here's another. I can only assume you and the OP became Razorback fans sometime after 1994. I truly wished you two would have been hog fans sooner in life so you could have enjoyed that championship season
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

rzrbackrob

Let the power of apathy for all things Razorback athletics cover you like a warm blanket as you watch team Sisyphus in their fruitless endeavor to win a championship.

Other things like family are more important than the championship promised the poor wretches that believed.

Bask in the glow of the greatest athletic director of all time.
Offer your tithing with joy and with no expectation other than how good it makes you feel to be a part all things Razorback.

Enjoy the journey, the destination is only a mirage.
Good is the enemy of great

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I don't want to tell you what to do, but you might kick around the idear of having your head froze up solid and then we could thaw you out when we win a championship sometime out there in the future.

Misty Mountain Hog

You did get a National Championship. B'Ball 1993. I still enjoy the memories.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Misty Mountain Hog on September 27, 2015, 10:06:59 am
You did get a National Championship. B'Ball 1993. I still enjoy the memories.
Your close

THUNDER!

Mitch C

I said I am going to support them just because I am a fan.

Mitch C

Quote from: OTR on September 27, 2015, 09:00:06 am
I don't want to tell you what to do, but you might kick around the idear of having your head froze up solid and then we could thaw you out when we win a championship sometime out there in the future.

I already did that

Torqued pork

Find the best coach out there and cheat like Hades. It's the only way it will happen here.