Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An Honest Question for the X's and O's Guys on Here

Started by dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya, September 27, 2015, 01:20:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Did their D know our snap count/plays more than most teams teams that play each other typically do?  Aside from the couple of offside calls(or maybe that's more evidence they did know them), they seemed to have quite a lead jump on us on each play - some which resulted in us turning the ball over or taking a loss .

Can this be attributed more to their speed, or are we too predictable and our snap-count/plays being read too easily?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

spiritof92

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 27, 2015, 01:22:52 am
I answered this in another thread, bro.  :P

Well, then quote me the post or link me to the thread you bastage.. :)
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

spiritof92

I'm lazy so I'll just paraphrase.  Stated I think they are timing everything off the offense letting the playclock run down.  The offsides were when the ball was snapped at :04 rather than :03.  lol

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 27, 2015, 01:30:58 am
I'm lazy so I'll just paraphrase.  Stated I think they are timing everything off the offense letting the playclock run down.  The offsides were when the ball was snapped at :04 rather than :03.  lol

Wow.  Great sneakery by our staff to give BA, RBs and Oline some time...hmm

spiritof92

You gotta know when to hold 'em...

eh, you know the rest.

dandd TD

I think a lot of it is in fact they are quicker than us. Our oline does not react very quickly. That's why the holding calls are made. You get beat off the line and you have to hold to compensate. The first step by a lineman determines whether he has good "fit" on his opponent. If he does not then he has to correct this with quick feet. If he is tired and feet aren't quick, holds happen.
The guy above is right to an extent. We grind out the time and snap late, this gives the defense a chance to tee off. However, if our oline uses good technique and a good first step then we negate the advantage. My $.02!

hogfan68

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 27, 2015, 01:41:48 am
Wow.  Great sneakery by our staff to give BA, RBs and Oline some time...hmm
you have to be #uncommon to do that

Dr. Starcs

Seemed they knew our snap count and our own guys didnt.

Razorfox

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 27, 2015, 01:30:58 am

Actually, this may not be a bad observation.  We should probably randomnize it a little more between 3 and 10 seconds so that they can't "guess". 

Shrevepork

Quote from: dandd TD on September 27, 2015, 03:37:15 am
I think a lot of it is in fact they are quicker than us. Our oline does not react very quickly. That's why the holding calls are made. You get beat off the line and you have to hold to compensate. The first step by a lineman determines whether he has good "fit" on his opponent. If he does not then he has to correct this with quick feet. If he is tired and feet aren't quick, holds happen.
The guy above is right to an extent. We grind out the time and snap late, this gives the defense a chance to tee off. However, if our oline uses good technique and a good first step then we negate the advantage. My $.02!

Good points, especially on the holding. 

Quote from: Razorfox on September 27, 2015, 08:05:08 am
Actually, this may not be a bad observation.  We should probably randomnize it a little more between 3 and 10 seconds so that they can't "guess". 

That would make more sense.

passinghog

A QB with moxie would've probably used a hard count on occasion. Of course we don't have that, so we shouldn't be surprised they were able to jump the snaps.

spiritof92

September 27, 2015, 12:11:26 pm #13 Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:31:19 pm by spiritof92
Quote from: Shrevepork on September 27, 2015, 09:57:44 am
Be nice!
Where? Are we to guess?

I was actually kidding around with notshavin.

If you must know, I think it's back in the game thread.  It's almost verbatim what I just posted so it's not really an issue.

LSPRazorbac

They have been doing this in all their games.

I think they do a lot of guessing on snap counts and we are afraid to give a hard count because we aren't disciplined enough.

They also jump across and get back a lot.  That one call against Skipper was complete bull because the DE was without a doubt in the neutral zone.

kkbrody

Quote from: dandd TD on September 27, 2015, 03:37:15 am

Real good point. To expand on the slowness even further, it seems like our bragging point is having the largest offensive line around. But, in last years NFL draft ; only one of the lineman drafted in the first round was over our 327 average. And the best that CBB ever had at Wisconsin(Thomas) was only 312. Because in the NFL they value the technique to overcome the speed rushers they encounter on a weekly basis. Size is nice, but if your first step is not quick enough you will be holding most of the time.

I know it's one of those calls they say could be called on every play(holding).  But watching them, some of our holds are so blatant.  I saw a few where the defensive ends where held and STILL got to BA.

How is are he and our RBs supposed to overcome that?  AC made some plays out of the backfield/line of scrimmage that were insane.  He showed some moves that I didn't know he had.

Just more reasons why I dislike this offense more and more, and I don't think it will work here, not even if BB is given 8 more years.