Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leadership

Started by hogpc, September 26, 2015, 10:35:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

When you lose as many close ones as we do there is a leadership void. Where is ours?

Coaches
25 (37.3%)
Players in general
12 (17.9%)
Are injured players contributing to lack of leadership
9 (13.4%)
Quarterback, mostly
27 (40.3%)
Head Coach, mostly
28 (41.8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

hogpc

Our team obviously has a leadership problem.  Leadership takes over in close games. What do you think is the biggest void in leadership on our team this year?  Personally, I think it is the coaches and the QB with a little bit coming from our injured players.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Bubba's Bruisers

We still have a talent issue.  It's pretty obvious. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I don't get it.  Are we grooming OL's and RB's to run the offense with an intelligent and efficient QB, or are we grooming QBs and lying to everyone.  If it's the former, then why are we so surprised that we don't have the end-game plays, playmakers, and "clutchness" that everyone is screaming for and wanting to blame BA over?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

5 little pigs

We have no QB to "go to" at crunch time......continues to fail us in the end.  Time to play people that will help us in the future!!  But we HAVE to cut out the foolish penalties where we don't put someone in a position to fail!!!

Hogs-n-Roses

You don't have the right option up there.

hogpc

Pig In The City

I believe it is lack of leadership among the players. I don't see any anger or competitive spirit when the other team makes their run in critical situations. In the game last night there was a time in the game when their defense knew they had to make a play. They were pumped. I don't see our team respond that way. We huddle up like we are going to choir practice not like we are going to war.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hogpc on September 27, 2015, 06:18:30 am
What do you suggest?
That the problem is above the coaches,asst. coaches,players staff,fans,boosters........."The powers that be put us in this", They are the AD for going to long to get a coach that year when several fine coaches appeared to be interested, then getting a big 10 coach such as himself, the board of trustees/razorback foundation for signing off on a 15+ million buyout then doing it again in the extention,The President of the university for (in general) allowing our sports programs to reach, Vandy,KY, Miss. state status. It has become OK for us to lose to Texas A$M. The agenda driven folks will point out our revenue status among the nations schools and our graduation rates and our attendance in overall sporting events. I can counter with solid arguments to all but most will just laugh at me and try to appear far more intelligent and discredit my intelligence so this is my addition to the list and my answers.JMO

hogpc

Quote from: Pig In The City on September 27, 2015, 07:15:07 am
I believe it is lack of leadership among the players. I don't see any anger or competitive spirit when the other team makes their run in critical situations. In the game last night there was a time in the game when their defense knew they had to make a play. They were pumped. I don't see our team respond that way. We huddle up like we are going to choir practice not like we are going to war.
Excellent point!  Our players don't have that fire.

hogpc

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on September 27, 2015, 09:23:34 am
That the problem is above the coaches,asst. coaches,players staff,fans,boosters........."The powers that be put us in this", They are the AD for going to long to get a coach that year when several fine coaches appeared to be interested, then getting a big 10 coach such as himself, the board of trustees/razorback foundation for signing off on a 15+ million buyout then doing it again in the extention,The President of the university for (in general) allowing our sports programs to reach, Vandy,KY, Miss. state status. It has become OK for us to lose to Texas A$M. The agenda driven folks will point out our revenue status among the nations schools and our graduation rates and our attendance in overall sporting events. I can counter with solid arguments to all but most will just laugh at me and try to appear far more intelligent and discredit my intelligence so this is my addition to the list and my answers.JMO
I see where you're coming from but I guess I was trying to get a little closer to the problem we have right now.  The PTB don't directly affect the team at a level that would influence attitude in the 4th quarter, OT or on a final drive. Yes, they set the general course of the program, but I'm looking at it in a little more granular way.

passinghog

Quote from: Pig In The City on September 27, 2015, 07:15:07 am

This was talked about during the game last night by Blackledge. He mentioned how Dan Enos asked our QB to be more of a leader when he got here.

spiritof92

It's hard to gauge if you're outside the program.  I've known guys that were strong leaders by example (workout habits, practice/play intensity)and weren't very vocal.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: hogpc on September 27, 2015, 12:32:08 pm
I see where you're coming from but I guess I was trying to get a little closer to the problem we have right now.  The PTB don't directly affect the team at a level that would influence attitude in the 4th quarter, OT or on a final drive. Yes, they set the general course of the program, but I'm looking at it in a little more granular way.
Since 1990 the general direction of our program has sucked. We've always put bandaids on gaping wounds instead of paying the money, hiring a surgeon and getting things back to normal. Normal for me was the powerhouse we were in the 60's 70's 80's. 3 decades of relevance on the national scene and usually around or in the top 10.I get your jest. Some player, coach, asst.,waterboy.....just someone take control of the leadership roll.

spiritof92

I can't speak for the 60s or 70s but I was around for the 80s.  I don't remember being a national powerhouse then.  I remember the Hogs lining up against teams like Oklahoma and looking like children compared to them.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 27, 2015, 01:09:54 pm
I can't speak for the 60s or 70s but I was around for the 80s.  I don't remember being a national powerhouse then.  I remember the Hogs lining up against teams like Oklahoma and looking like children compared to them.
AP                UP
     1980-   unranked
         81-n/a             16th
         82-9th               8th
         83-unranked
         84-unranked
         85-12th             12th
         86-15th              16th
         87-unranked
         88-12th              13th
         89-13th              13th
None of these were as well as the previous 2 decades but IMO we were still relevant.

spiritof92

The Hogs would win a bunch of games against SWC teams and non-conference opponents and then lose all their games against stronger non-conference opponents and consistently lost bowl games.