Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O not the problem. It's the D.

Started by Hogfan46, September 26, 2015, 10:20:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

havok

Quote from: ICEman on September 26, 2015, 10:21:22 pm
Robb Smith has definitely regressed a bit from 2014.

Last year our DB's seemed to turn and find the ball in the air more than I can remember in the last decade.. but This season.. they look lost, and only the QB throwing a horrible pass do we have much hope.  But then it is often Pass interference, cause the DB thinks he has to grab or push the receiver as his only hope.

hogifino

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 27, 2015, 02:06:45 am
We've been planning on our defense bailing us out as long as I've been a fan of the hogs and I can think of maybe two Hog defenses in that time that I'd trust with that task against even an above average offense.  Relying on your defense in college football is just a losing plan unless you're Bama/LSU (on a good year).  We can recruit all we want but our defense won't win us games next year or any time soon.  Solid defense is a prerequisite for having a championship caliber team but it's all about your teams ability to score. 

Missed the point as most will...our offense limited their offense to 21 points 

spiritof92

Quote from: razorbackcaller on September 27, 2015, 06:13:13 am

This!!! For all the problems the D has had this year they held a&m to 21 points in 4 quarters.

Had the offense not milked the clock throughout the game the defense would have easily given up 35+.  Points allowed is a terrible way to evaluate defensive play. 

A&M scoring drives: 
4 plays; 98 yards (TD)
6 plays; 80 yards (FG)
14 plays; 65 yards (FG)
5 plays; 85 yards (TD)
2 plays; 25 yards (TD)