Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I am tired of hearing largest Offensive Line

Started by RD, September 26, 2015, 10:20:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

That really is becoming annoying, especially when an OL player literally costs us this game TWO years in a row.

STLhawg

If you ignore all the penalties (some of which even the commentators said were BS) then I would say they played well this game...finally.

Shoat

Quote from: RD on September 26, 2015, 10:20:29 pm
That really is becoming annoying, especially when an OL player literally costs us this game TWO years in a row.

thanks, I thought I was the only one!!!  This "largest" crap hasn't done one bit of good this year and I think it went to some of the players and coaches heads

sloot

I love our line; we're limited to our second and fourth options at RB, which means the ball is in BA's hands more than it should be. When they're as big as they are, then pound their d-line, not have them dropback. That said, they've done exceptionally well in pass protection this season.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: STLhawgg on September 26, 2015, 10:22:41 pm
If you ignore all the penalties (some of which even the commentators said were BS) then I would say they played well this game...finally.

This.  When the mother ship calls penalties BS, they are BS.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Arkansas Fan

rupert

Amen...they have not lived up to the hype....remind me of the old New York Jets offensive line when Joe Willie Namath played---big and immobile...good at pass protecting and average at run blocking and often out-quicker...

in their defense---they can't get a break on bogus penalties....

rickm1976

They at least need to add "slowest", and "dumbest" after they say largest.  I thought I read somewhere that according to to a study of personalities and IQ's per position that offensive linemen tended to be the most level headed, and have the highest IQ's of any position on the field.  Well, we got one at least one that doesn't exactly fit that description.

Poker_hog

There were some big holes tonight and the backs ran hard.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

BigSexyHog

Quote from: STLhawgg on September 26, 2015, 10:22:41 pm

agree... Thought they finally move the DL around and created some good running lanes.   Just to many penalties
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: sloot on September 26, 2015, 10:24:44 pm
I love our line; we're limited to our second and fourth options at RB, which means the ball is in BA's hands more than it should be. When they're as big as they are, then pound their d-line, not have them dropback. That said, they've done exceptionally well in pass protection this season.

What more did you expect Collins and RW to do?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

sloot

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 26, 2015, 11:37:17 pm
What more did you expect Collins and RW to do?

You ask me this as if RWIII isn't averaging 3.8 YPC this season and was at 3.3 YPC prior to this game. I have no qualms with Collins or his performance(s) this season. We should be running the ball more, but we lack JWill and Walker to go along with Collins. That was my point, and I thought it was obvious.

Quote from: sloot on September 26, 2015, 11:47:56 pm
You ask me this as if RWIII isn't averaging 3.8 YPC this season and was at 3.3 YPC prior to this game. I have no qualms with Collins or his performance(s) this season. We should be running the ball more, but we lack JWill and Walker to go along with Collins. That was my point, and I thought it was obvious.

Good point.  But I don't think it changes this game enough to beat them down and avoid a close game at the end.  When your HC's overall philosophy and preparation don't work, they just don't work.  They are not working, and will not work for us in the SEC.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

TM Hog

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on September 27, 2015, 12:00:42 am
They never said we had the best OL.

Maybe not, but they did "talk them up" quite a bit, in spite of mistakes made.

sloot

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 26, 2015, 11:58:55 pm
Good point.  But I don't think it changes this game enough to beat them down and avoid a close game at the end.  When your HC's overall philosophy and preparation don't work, they just don't work.  They are not working, and will not work for us in the SEC.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm sympathetic to that argument. However, I think we beat Toledo, TT, and TAMU with a healthy JWill to go along with Collins. The guy's a beast, and our o-line is built to run block. If we had JWill against Toledo, then I highly doubt we would've trotted out in shotgun and slung it around fifty-three times.

Torqued pork

The o-line did a very good job minus the penalties. They put some Aggies on their butts.

kp72204

spiritof92

The gameplan was simplified for the O-line.  Hogs got back to straight up blocking rather than pulling.  That's why they looked better.  They were actually asked to do what they are capable of doing.

Quote from: sloot on September 27, 2015, 12:06:28 am
I understand what you're saying, and I'm sympathetic to that argument. However, I think we beat Toledo, TT, and TAMU with a healthy JWill to go along with Collins. The guy's a beast, and our o-line is built to run block. If we had JWill against Toledo, then I highly doubt we would've trotted out in shotgun and slung it around fifty-three times.

I would hope we wouldn't lose to Toledo with JWill.  But we shouldn't have lost to them or TT even without him.

sloot

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 27, 2015, 12:16:10 am
I would hope we wouldn't lose to Toledo with JWill.  But we shouldn't have lost to them or TT even without him.

I agree, man. We should've been 3-0 heading into this game regardless if we had JWill or not.

Quote from: sloot on September 27, 2015, 12:18:39 am
I agree, man. We should've been 3-0 heading into this game regardless if we had JWill or not.

Momentum can be a huge factor....damn momentum.  Just wish BB at some point would have done more to try to gain that.  Maybe he's doing all he can.  I don't know.  But it doesn't appear to be so.  JMO

Quickdraw

They need to learn how not to get caught or keep their hands to themselves....Hahahaha

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 27, 2015, 12:03:17 am
Maybe not, but they did "talk them up" quite a bit, in spite of mistakes made.

The Titanic was also large.

razorsharptusk

Texas am could not do anything with our line at the end of the game.  Need more power run.
GO HOGS!!

ricepig

Turn the sound down then.

PonderinHog