Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Feel Sorry for Brandon Allen

Started by NaturalStateReb, September 26, 2015, 09:55:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBell

I can't process how desperate the fans are for a scapegoat.  When a guy is 20-for-23, the law of averages says he probably can't keep it up.

The simple fact is if a few players other than Allen, Collins and Morgan stepped up to their level, they wouldn't need heroics.  They'd just win the easy way.

Instead, you blame the only guy on the team who has excelled at his job all season.  That is so very depressingly dumb.

SuckingSow

If Razorback football was a 4-man golf scramble, BA is the guy who can keep the ball in the fairway, but can't make a putt over 3 feet when it matters.

lefty08

Quote from: SuckingSow on September 27, 2015, 07:31:30 am
If Razorback football was a 4-man golf scramble, BA is the guy who can keep the ball in the fairway, but can't make a putt over 3 feet when it matters.

Thats exactly why you dont force him to putt with the match on the line. Tonight was on the coaches on the last drive. 3rd and 4 and you pass it? Especially when they couldnt stop the rushing attack. BA is not superman, amd we all know it, but the kid layed the best game of his career last night, and some of you refuse to see that it wasnt his fault.
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ChitownHawg

Quote from: JayBell on September 27, 2015, 07:29:27 am
I can't process how desperate the fans are for a scapegoat.  When a guy is 20-for-23, the law of averages says he probably can't keep it up.

The simple fact

Then Enos should have said Austin put your helmet on as the law of averages is against your brother.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

DeltaBoy

Quote from: lefty08 on September 27, 2015, 07:26:22 am

What is your excuse?

Its absurd when fans act like losses hurt more for them than the people that can actually do something about it. The guys plyed well tonight after looking ridiculous last week. This team has in no way regressed, if anything, they took a giant leap forward tonight. I question putting the game in the hands of BA on 3rd and 4 with the game on the line, and the biggest error of the night was Kirklands false start. We get those 4 yards there is over, and the curse would have been lifted.

He is a 5th year Sr. I watch tons of games each week and young Qb's are going out at other college teams and WINNING in the GAME.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 27, 2015, 07:35:55 am
  He is a 5th year Sr. I watch tons of games each week and young Qb's are going out at other college teams and WINNING in the GAME.

We have face two in the last two weeks. That Mahommes kid is lights out. KA seems headed for a great career too.

My question for the guys who follow recruiting - aren't some of our QBs as highly rated as these two?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

JayBell

Folks love to say "He can't make the game winning play."  He's making plenty of plays throughout the game that could seal it if someone else stepped up.

He was the best player on the team last night, but it was HIS fault?  That's absurd.

Late in the game, he can't make the team around him better.  Folks love to lump all the blame on Allen, but he is consistently lining up against a defense that's more talented, motivated and confident than the entire offense. 

It'd be a miracle if he could carry this team to wins when everyone else on the field seems so intent on losing.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: JayBell on September 27, 2015, 07:39:41 am
Folks love to say "He can't make the game winning play."  He's making plenty of plays throughout the game that could seal it if someone else stepped up.

He was the best player on the team last night, but it was HIS fault?  That's absurd.

Late in the game, he can't make the team around him better.  Folks love to lump all the blame on Allen, but he is consistently lining up against a defense that's more talented, motivated and confident than the entire offense. 

It'd be a miracle if he could carry this team to wins when everyone else on the field seems so intent on losing.
SORRY Jay I m not buying your bailout attempt today.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: JayBell on September 27, 2015, 07:39:41 am

Sorry you just went in the opposite direction of the people you are complaining about. Was it Sprinkle's fault he got past the first down marker only to have the ball thrown at his feet? Was it AC's fault BA fumbled the ball. Or was it Drew's?

There were plenty of players stepping up. And players screwing up in the 4th - BA was one of them.