Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is our up year, next year will be rebuilding

Started by Hogsolo, September 26, 2015, 09:55:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogsolo

With our record and play every junior who can leave with a good chance to get a cup of coffee in the NFL will be gone.  We will be losing our best juniors along with impact seniors.   

Wait till next year?   Wait till 2017 or 2018.   Then we will have CBB's real team and can finally judge him as a coach.  Everything up until then is just building a program.   

In the meantime enjoy looking at the players muscles they are building in the weight room.   That's the most success we see out of this program.

I really hope I'm wrong.  I'd love to have to eat crow.   I'd take being the biggest villain on here if it made a whit of a difference in our games.

JBoroHog

Bielema is building a dumpster fire one year after another. This is the future.

pigmailyen

Razorfox

Why?  Because we have a veteran QB?  Otherwise I disagree.

TeufelHog

Disagree.  Don't think some of these juniors are going to "forego" their senior year for the draft.  Don't think their stock will be high enough.

CaliforniaHawg

If Ricky Town is the real deal at QB we will compete next year. All it takes is a great QB.

WorfHog

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

Spikes

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on September 26, 2015, 10:08:10 pm
If Ricky Town is the real deal at QB we will compete next year. All it takes is a great QB.
[/quote

If If If..  He has 2 full classes to find a QB.  Who in the hell Is going block for the QB next yr.  Most of
the experience players will be gone.  Breaking in a new QB and new OL.. Doesnt bold well
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Kevin

The only way Austin allen does not start next year, is cbb finds a graduate transfer to come in.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

RzRbAcK18

If Town gets the start next year I think we have AC & RWIII in the backfield. (Yes I am predicting AC stays) and a solid QB. Now either way we will have a 1st year starting QB so be ready for some more missed clutch plays. Receiving corp doesn't seem to take much of a hit. Not sure of the facts on the OL so no comment there. Our D can't get any worse so theres that. I say 2017.

WorfHog

Quote from: Kevin on September 26, 2015, 10:21:13 pm
The only way Austin allen does not start next year, is cbb finds a graduate transfer to come in.

Not true Storey and Town (maybe Rafe)  will both compete.

tophawg19

the defense will be much improved and experienced . the o-line is the one area of weakness because of graduation, but some young guys will get PT this season .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogeration

This may be the first year we can't say, "Wait till next year."

spiritof92

Hogs have some excellent players with a ton of upswing coming up the pipeline.  Ramirez and Raleigh reminded me of that tonight. 

I think Hunter and AC are the only two juniors to leave.

Danny J

Quote from: Kevin on September 26, 2015, 10:21:13 pm
Yep...Austin has already won the job and will be starting from day one.

spiritof92

Quote from: Karma on September 26, 2015, 10:32:19 pm
I think Hunter and AC are the only two juniors to leave.

Hopefully someone talks some sense into HH.  He will do better to stick around and improve his blocking before leaving.  Same thing with JWill.  No way he leaves after sitting out an entire season. 

Etowah

Williams, Henry, and Collins are not coming back next year...no way.

Offense will be in a definite rebuild...but the D will be really good next year.

But we are 4 weeks into the season and we are talking about next year...now I  am more depressed than I was before.

swinesation

Quote from: IAMHogholio on September 26, 2015, 09:55:09 pm
With our record and play every junior who can leave with a good chance to get a cup of coffee in the NFL will be gone.  We will be losing our best juniors along with impact seniors.   

Wait till next year?   Wait till 2017 or 2018.   Then we will have CBB's real team and can finally judge him as a coach.  Everything up until then is just building a program.   

In the meantime enjoy looking at the players muscles they are building in the weight room.   That's the most success we see out of this program.

I really hope I'm wrong.  I'd love to have to eat crow.   I'd take being the biggest villain on here if it made a whit of a difference in our games.

What the heck are you talking about???? We're a young team with very few valuable assets leaving. The only position we'll potentially be weaker is RB, and that's if J. Williams and Collins both leave, and we don't sign a stud. We're on the upswing at every other position!!

sickboy

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 26, 2015, 10:38:16 pm
Hopefully someone talks some sense into HH.  He will do better to stick around and improve his blocking before leaving.  Same thing with JWill.  No way he leaves after sitting out an entire season. 

Williams said he's going pro unless his rehab doesn't go as planned.

spiritof92

Quote from: sickboy on September 27, 2015, 12:35:43 am
Williams said he's going pro unless his rehab doesn't go as planned.

He said that in August and is the 8th to 10th HB in every mock draft I've seen.  I think he changes his mind.  Would be better to stay another year instead of going into the draft against Elliot, Henry, Drake, Collins...

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 26, 2015, 10:38:16 pm

Several sites are projecting HH right now as the #1 TE in the draft. Around 40ish overall.
I don't know if he will try to get a better draft stock having seen what happened for JWill and Keon, but who knows.

spiritof92

Yeah, TEs is hard to predict.  A number of the prospects have blocking issues.  The ones that don't aren't really proven pass receivers. 

spiritof92

If he does I fear it will be a big mistake.  RBs are plentiful in the NFL right now and there are some studs in this draft class.

Beaverfever

Running backs aren't worth crap nowadays in the NFL.  Henry might be in a position to make real money but I don't see anybody else on the team being in that position. 

RazorPiggie

WorfHog

Quote from: Beaverfever on September 27, 2015, 01:44:29 am
Running backs aren't worth crap nowadays in the NFL.  Henry might be in a position to make real money but I don't see anybody else on the team being in that position.

Kirkland will get paid to play for sure.