Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB is 0-10 in games decided by 10pts or less?

Started by Danny J, September 26, 2015, 09:36:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 26, 2015, 10:04:31 pm
The offsides was A&M IMO.  Yes you hold people accountable.  At this point, I don't think it matters because of qb play.  We outcoached and largely outplayed A&M.  We need a playmaker with the ball in important situations and we don't have it on the field right now.  If the staff can't figure out how to hold on to these wins with the current personnel without making a change it is on them.  For the second year vs A&M, we were a few feet away from sealing the win.

Is a playmaker that hard to find? 3 years and nobody!

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 26, 2015, 10:07:38 pm

Playmakers are not that hard to find...our opponents seem to find several every year.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

houstonoutgusin

We are not designed to score quickly, which is usually a requirement in a close game. We can't even snap the ball until the play clock is under 5 seconds.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

JackTNHogfan

We have plenty of playmakers they just aren't coached well, aren't as talented as the opposition, and aren't clutch.  They are often undisciplined...on the field at least.

seasonhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 26, 2015, 10:04:31 pm
The offsides was A&M IMO.  Yes you hold people accountable.  At this point, I don't think it matters because of qb play.  We outcoached and largely outplayed A&M.  We need a playmaker with the ball in important situations and we don't have it on the field right now.  If the staff can't figure out how to hold on to these wins with the current personnel without making a change it is on them.  For the second year vs A&M, we were a few feet away from sealing the win.

This team has talent on both sides of the ball........but this team has a weak coach.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: rude1 on September 26, 2015, 09:59:21 pm
Please stop, nobody would be afraid of the big fat Pillsbury dough boy. I don't know where people get the idea that because a guy coaches football he must be tough. 
The point of that went over your head.  Who cares if CBB is tough or not?  The gutless fans that call the media gutless for not asking every freaking question to get a coach they want fired all riled up wouldn't have the guts to do it themselves. 

rude1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 26, 2015, 10:07:38 pm
Playmakers make plays when they are put in a position to make plays. When your offense is designed to methodically work its way down the field to limit possessions and eat up clock, you never know what playmakers you have because your offense isn't spreading the field and getting them the ball in space where their ability to make plays shines its brightest.

Music City Razorback

CBB is also very close to being 2-22 int he SEC.  How long do we continue this experiment?
"Sure. I'm proud to be an American."
-Cincinnati Reds rookie pitcher Steve Foster, asked by a Canadian customs agent if he had anything to declare.

Oliver

Quote from: Music City Razorback on September 26, 2015, 10:25:51 pm
CBB is also very close to being 2-22 int he SEC.  How long do we continue this experiment?

Until he's not ahead of Jeff Long's schedule

StanHog

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on September 26, 2015, 09:50:03 pm
Less than 10 points....not 10 points or less.

We won one in 2013 against Samford by 10:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/8/year/2013/arkansas-razorbacks
Those were the good ole days. We sit around at work and reflect a lot on that 31-21 Samford game.
It was sweet!!!

JackTNHogfan

Jeff Long needs to bring this fact up to Coach B at the end of the season.  I believe they have a meeting at the end of every year to discuss progress.  This has to be the major topic of discussion.  This cannot continue or the fans will start flying banners and taking out ads in the major newspapers calling for his head.  I don't want that because it hurts recruiting and will deter new coaches from coming here but it will happen.  Fans can only be heartbroken so many times under one coach before needing a breather with a new one. 

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 26, 2015, 09:51:03 pm
how about some of you idiots find CBB in a dark alley and tell him that man-to-man. 

Give me a glazed donut and a whistle and I'll have ole Bert running a no huddle spread offense next week

Letsroll1200

Quote from: rude1 on September 26, 2015, 10:25:02 pm
Playmakers make plays when they are put in a position to make plays. When your offense is designed to methodically work its way down the field to limit possessions and eat up clock, you never know what playmakers you have because your offense isn't spreading the field and getting them the ball in space where their ability to make plays shines its brightest.

We don't have a elite playmaker. The freshman for a Texas A&m is better than any skill player on Arkansas roster. There is nobody on defense that is a difference maker. We have no one that is explosive on offense. That can make a big play whenever he touches the ball. The LB position is embarrassing. Greenlaw is the best LB on the roster.

Danny J

When there is no pressure on BA he is pretty good. When the pressure sets in....he just doesn't have the mental toughness to make the plays. That is the reality of the matter.

0-10 in games decided by 9pts or less speaks for itself. He has been given the chance time after time after time after time after time and not one play. He is just not equipped mentally to make those plays.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on September 26, 2015, 10:35:23 pm
We don't have a elite playmaker. The freshman for a Texas A&m is better than any skill player on Arkansas roster. There is nobody on defense that is a difference maker. We have no one that is explosive on offense. That can make a big play whenever he touches the ball. The LB position is embarrassing. Greenlaw is the best LB on the roster.

It is why I have said A&M is so pathetic.  LSU-like recruiting base and recruiting but still under coached and haven't won anything.  Would love to have many of A&M's athletes. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Swineasaur

I just don't like the excuses CBB throws out. Has he ever stood up and said this loss was on me?

sloot

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 26, 2015, 10:20:15 pm
The point of that went over your head.  Who cares if CBB is tough or not?  The gutless fans that call the media gutless for not asking every freaking question to get a coach they want fired all riled up wouldn't have the guts to do it themselves.

There's an incestuous relationship with a lot of the media members and teams they cover. They resist putting pressure on the coaches in fear of losing insider scoops and the like. Instead, they try to be buddy-buddy with them. Same with a lot of media members and politicians.

rude1

Quote from: StanHog on September 26, 2015, 10:29:38 pm
Those were the good ole days. We sit around at work and reflect a lot on that 31-21 Samford game.
It was sweet!!!
LOL, ironically I was at that game, we fell behind Samford and they took the ball out of BA hands and pretty much had him hand it to the running backs every down to come back and win the game, even in that game it wasn't BA who brought us back for the win...................

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 26, 2015, 10:15:41 pm
We have plenty of playmakers they just aren't coached well, aren't as talented as the opposition, and aren't clutch.  They are often undisciplined...on the field at least.

And, in the end, that makes them NOT playmakers.

JackTNHogfan

Didn't CBB have a poor close game record at Wisky too?  I seem to remember Wisky fans saying something to the effect of I'm glad he's gone he couldn't win a close/big game.

bigbadhog

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 26, 2015, 09:39:10 pm
Correct.  0-10 in games decided by 10 points or less.  What was Nutt's records in those type of games?  Dare I say Nutt was a better gameday coach?  I think I just vomited in my mouth a little...

BB is the worst game day coach I have ever seen.  Of course the wisky fans I know warned me that this would be the case...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

Poker_hog

Quote from: Bacons Rebellion on September 26, 2015, 10:47:17 pm
And, in the end, that makes them NOT playmakers.

#1 TE in college football. Basically we have gronc.  Next excuse?
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

bkjbearcat

Quote from: bigbadhog on September 26, 2015, 10:51:47 pm
BB is the worst game day coach I have ever seen.  Of course the wisky fans I know warned me that this would be the case...

Kind of wondering what Kyle Whittingham thinks he can do with the Arkansas Job? Hey at least he beat Bama and Saban once.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

JackTNHogfan

I'm wondering what CBB is still doing coaching.  Wins still matter right???

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: JackTNHogfan on September 26, 2015, 11:34:21 pm
I'm wondering what CBB is still doing coaching.  Wins still matter right???
Folks gonna quit paying to watch this garbage and its gonna happen soon.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: bkjbearcat on September 26, 2015, 11:05:38 pm
Kind of wondering what Kyle Whittingham thinks he can do with the Arkansas Job? Hey at least he beat Bama and Saban once.
I totally agree and still don't understand what Long was thinking with the kind of players we had in place......to think what he could have done with Petrino's kids.

WorfHog

Quote from: Danny J on September 26, 2015, 09:56:03 pm
Have to start sitting players for getting all these penalties...game after game. I think we had 115 yards in penalties from a team and coach that prides itself on not "beating itself" before the snap. Well....someone has to be held to account.

Tied for 20 overall with 31 penalties.  Tied for 21 with 289 penalty yards. Eleven of those occurred last night for 93 yards. For the third week in a row we should have won, but beat ourselves.

At least we're Top 25 in something!

Second most penalized team in the SEC is Alabama at #32 with 27 for 268 yards.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400603842

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/totalPenaltyYards