Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL TEXAS A&M GAME THREAD- Final in OT......Texas A&M 28....Arkansas 21

Started by marty houston, September 26, 2015, 05:33:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on September 26, 2015, 10:29:57 pm
Let me spell this out for you.  I have no problem with the pick.  He was trying to make a play.  Let me just ask everyone on Hogville a question.  What would the outcome of the game be if BA hung on to the ball. We punt the chances of a win increase astronomically.   Same ole same ole......I for one think its time for a change.  Players are in place.....leadership is not.

Let me ask you why you are pinning 100% of the blame for the fumble on Allen?

Quote from: Wayne Watson on September 26, 2015, 09:18:39 pm
PLEASE DO NOT BASH THE PLAYERS.  DO NOT CALL FOR BENCHING SOMEONE.  WHAT PART OF HOGVILLE RULES DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
Asking for a player to be benched is different than bashing.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on September 26, 2015, 10:31:42 pm
Wayne, what about the cookies. We used to have cookies. I'm demanding my dang cookies.

Price of milk got too high.  Cookies ain't no good without milk.  Speaking of which, think I'll go have some cookies and milk.

Good night all.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Jonbo

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 26, 2015, 10:14:19 pm
Heck I can't understand there being as much vitriol as there is here right now. Who thvht we would taken them to OT. Not one of us. I expected a blowout. We played them a tougher game than I ever thought we would. These boys will win some games.
Sorry. I can't understand your not understanding the vitriol. We didn't take them to overtime. They took us after we had controlled the ball the entire second half and had the game about won. They were clutch down the stretch and our guys completely gagged. That's why the vitriol.

Hogs-n-Roses

(Homer Simpson) MMMMMMMMMMM ccooookiesssss,Mmmiiilllkkkkkkk,dope!

code red

Quote from: gchamblee on September 26, 2015, 10:31:12 pm
having the number 14 team in the country on the ropes in the 4th quarter and eventually taking them to overtime felt like a JLS loss to you? Really?
Yes.....check the game stats JLS would have won that game....check Rutgers same thing.....you got to take the game.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 26, 2015, 10:32:35 pm
Let me ask you why you are pinning 100% of the blame for the fumble on Allen?
You cant call players out so PM me
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on September 26, 2015, 10:42:46 pm
You cant call players out so PM me

No, I'm saying it's not as if Allen stood there for 8 seconds and then dropped the ball.

Steef

Quote from: Wayne Watson on September 26, 2015, 10:34:31 pm
Price of milk got too high.  Cookies ain't no good without milk.  Speaking of which, think I'll go have some cookies and milk.

Good night all.

Hey! You can't LEAVE!

Who's gonna clean up around here!

I want a raise.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 26, 2015, 10:45:37 pm
No, I'm saying it's not as if Allen stood there for 8 seconds and then dropped the ball.

What?????  Its football I think there is a significant performance data on said QB in 4th qtr of games at the UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on September 26, 2015, 10:56:09 pm
What?????  Its football I think there is a significant performance data on said QB in 4th qtr of games at the UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS

His fumble tonight is quite a bit different than those 2 throws against Toledo and that throw against TTU (which he repeated tonight).  Those are on him.  The fumble was a group effort.

code red

Quote from: spiritof92 on September 26, 2015, 10:57:38 pm
His fumble tonight is quite a bit different than those 2 throws against Toledo and that throw against TTU (which he repeated tonight).  Those are on him.  The fumble was a group effort.

You are putting words in my mouth.  I never talked about those.  How bout MSU last year???  Whatever when your in the huddle is there leadership.  Do folks believe in you.  If not and you got no shot at a bowl.....make a change.

code red

spiritof92

Quote from: code red on September 26, 2015, 11:00:45 pm
You are putting words in my mouth.  I never talked about those.  How bout MSU last year???  Whatever when your in the huddle is there leadership.  Do folks believe in you.  If not and you got no shot at a bowl.....make a change.

You keep calling to bench BA but I don't think AA is an upgrade and I'm not sure the others are ready.

gchamblee

Quote from: code red on September 26, 2015, 09:58:17 pm
But the fumble however.........could have possibly had a little to do with it....but according to some its our secondary......LOL

did you forget to switch accounts and accidentally quote yourself from the same account? lol

gchamblee

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on September 26, 2015, 10:13:44 pm
  as opposed to when he degrades posters EVERY time he post. Look at his responses to people who post. Its always condescending and he seems to be a know it all for someone that didn't play football.

everyone he degrades is deserving of it. i assume you have been guilty of being an idiot and he called you out on it? get over yourself.

gchamblee

Quote from: code red on September 26, 2015, 10:22:10 pm
THE FOOTBALL IS PRECIOUS>>>>>>ALLEN TURNED IT OVER TWICE....our only TOs,,,,,,,I think

putting you on ignore now. anyone that considers you intelligent or credible enough to read deserves whatever frustration they suffer because of it

hogsanity

For those wanting to bench BA,  do you also want to bench the db's that got lost on the 3 big a&m plays late and gave up almost 200 yac by missing tackles?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2015, 11:49:13 pm
and gave up almost 200 yac by missing tackles?

This is an aspect that is so frustrating.  A step backwards.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Tejano Jawg

For the 3rd quarter and into the 4th...we were rolling. Texas A&M was reeling. About every single snap for us was for positive yards. Then we had a couple zero yardage plays, don't make our 3rd down (for the first time in a long time), then this sequence—selected posts pulled from the game thread. You can see the MOMENT where everything took the downward turn, and people's thoughts leading up to it. (A few were quite apocalyptic.)

Quote from: idochog on September 26, 2015, 08:53:33 pm
First down & we'll win

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 26, 2015, 08:55:06 pm
We need to score in a bad way. I still don't trust our secondary.

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on September 26, 2015, 08:56:39 pm
They have burned two timeouts. A first down wins the ballgame

Quote from: lahawg1 on September 26, 2015, 08:56:41 pm
52 yd field goal or go for it?

Quote from: BigSexyHog on September 26, 2015, 08:57:03 pm
I say pin them deep.  but the way BA is playing if they have a call they love then what the heck.

Quote from: GatorHog on September 26, 2015, 08:57:19 pm
Goin for it

Quote from: thefisher on September 26, 2015, 08:57:27 pm
make it or not I like the call

Quote from: AirForceHog on September 26, 2015, 08:57:28 pm
Here we go

Quote from: hogpc on September 26, 2015, 08:57:36 pm
I'll say it now - right call!

Quote from: judgeroyswine on September 26, 2015, 08:57:39 pm
Maybe not

Quote from: anaxagoras on September 26, 2015, 08:57:50 pm
damn

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on September 26, 2015, 08:58:00 pm
CRAP

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 26, 2015, 08:58:01 pm
Dammit Dammit Dammit.

Quote from: flagstaffhog on September 26, 2015, 08:58:09 pm
Lord have mercy!

Quote from: cypert2 on September 26, 2015, 08:58:23 pm
Good lord!

Quote from: GatorHog on September 26, 2015, 08:58:04 pm
Got a false start, 4th and 8

Quote from: hogchic2001 on September 26, 2015, 08:58:20 pm
Well of course it's a flag.

Quote from: anaxagoras on September 26, 2015, 08:58:07 pm
time for the punt

Following the punt, nothing was the same. It was over, really. The only thing that made Kirkland's jump so devastating, was WHEN it happened. Otherwise, it was one of many penalties that shouldn't have been.

Had we made that first down, we have the new set of downs—at worst, 3 more plays to get closer so that MAYBE THEN we can attempt a shorter field goal. Up by 11, we win without question. Or, maybe we keep the drive alive and make it to the end zone. Sure wish we'd gotten that opportunity.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on September 27, 2015, 12:41:25 am
Had we made that first down, we have the new set of downs—at worst, 3 more plays to get closer so that MAYBE THEN we can attempt a shorter field goal. Up by 11, we win without question. Or, maybe we keep the drive alive and make it to the end zone. Sure wish we'd gotten that opportunity.

I agree, but shouldn't have been there in the first place the way we had them on the ropes in the beginning.  THAT is the most frustrating part to me.  They even looked shell-shocked at times on the sidelines.  Sumlin did, too, during the half-time interview.  That's why I hate this "slowing down the game" philosophy.  It's starting to become like the prevent defense....all it does is prevent us from winning.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Tejano Jawg

Yes DJS. Something else showing how the game was tilted in our favor...at the half they had one TD, but our D had also held them to 2 field goals. At that time, our D had done enough to win the game (playing like that.)

But, our ability to give up the big play is too proven. To your point, what good is an 8-minute TD drive, if our opponent can score in one play to match us? Bielema needs to realize this isn't working...in these close games, we're leaving our D no room for error. We're just going to have to outscore people by opening things up...first team to 45 wins.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Ben

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

007 License To Squeal

I would not be upset if JL fired BB today...at least, there would be an excuse for this ugliness we see on the field for the rest of the season.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Steef

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on September 27, 2015, 01:27:55 am
I would not be upset if JL fired BB today...at least, there would be an excuse for this ugliness we see on the field for the rest of the season.

Laat time we Jeff fired a coach at the wrong time of year, we had to hire an interim.

How'd that work out?

Quote from: steefhog on September 27, 2015, 06:27:51 am
Laat time we Jeff fired a coach at the wrong time of year, we had to hire an interim.

How'd that work out?

But let's be honest, Steef - we hired him before the season, and then we were awful.  We are ALREADY awful, and it can't get worse than what we've seen.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 27, 2015, 01:48:31 pm
But let's be honest, Steef - we hired him before the season, and then we were awful.  We are ALREADY awful, and it can't get worse than what we've seen.

It can get worse.  We should be the favorites in several games the rest of the year...not saying we will win those, but there is talent on this team that simply doesn't know how to win yet.  The worst part is, I'm not convinced yet that there's a coach that knows how to teach anyone how to win yet...maybe the learn together?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 27, 2015, 01:53:28 pm
It can get worse.  We should be the favorites in several games the rest of the year...not saying we will win those, but there is talent on this team that simply doesn't know how to win yet.  The worst part is, I'm not convinced yet that there's a coach that knows how to teach anyone how to win yet...maybe the learn together?

Sumlin did against us, so did KK and Toledo's coach.  BB has plenty of talent to have won the last 3 games.  He's just not a good coach, especially during the game and putting together a game plan that includes the 4th quarter.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya on September 27, 2015, 02:16:09 pm
Sumlin did against us, so did KK and Toledo's coach.  BB has plenty of talent to have won the last 3 games.  He's just not a good coach, especially during the game and putting together a game plan that includes the 4th quarter.

Yes there are coaches...I should have been more clear:  I'm not sure there's a coach on our sideline that can teach them...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 27, 2015, 02:45:50 pm
Yes there are coaches...I should have been more clear:  I'm not sure there's a coach on our sideline that can teach them...

OK, got it and agree.

BadHog

Jerry's World was awesome. The best football atmosphere I have ever experienced. It was packed and LOUD! I can't imagine that any player wanting to play college football would not want the chance to play in this venue.
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."