Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win Saturday. It will be a great day....

Started by hobhog, September 23, 2013, 08:30:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigris Maximus

Quote from: ATLHog on September 24, 2013, 01:37:40 pm
...as they will do to you on October 19.

I'm not the one predicting victory over them coming off a loss to Rutgers.

scruf

I admire the OP's enthusiasm. The only thing I know is that the Hogs can't do any worse on Evans than Alabama did. A lot of you may not agree but Alabama had no game plan for Evans and their adjustments to him in the second half sucked as bad as the guys they had guarding him. They looked very Jr. High out there.

Here you go trolls, let me do this for you:

"Well if they looked Jr. High then Arkansas will look like Pop Warner."

"Well if they looked Jr. High then Arkansas will look like an elementary flag football team."

"Well if they looked Jr. High then Arkansas will look like a team made of newborns."

"Well if they looked Jr. High then Arkansas will look like a team of embryos."

"Arkansas is going to lose every game from now until the end of the year because I want Petrino/Gus and Bielema is fat and he has a Twitter account and Jeff Long is a carpetbagger."

"HDN pt. II."

"Austin Allen."

"Duwop."

"Who's Duwop?"

"Ground and pound."

"Mom's basement."

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

BloodRedHog

That is the real dilemma -

do you try to contain JM and hope the back 7 can keep Evans from lighting us up?....

or do you rush JM hard and hope he doesn't have a 200 yard rushing day against us?...

I think you have to mix it up... try to get JM guessing if it's coming and if so, where the blitz is coming from?

Evans, though, is a stud - 6'6" WR - and we have no one over 6'2"...
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

GuvHog

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on September 24, 2013, 01:33:26 pm
If Manziel and Co. can hang 42 on Bama's defense, they are going to skullfrick Arkansas.  I'm sorry, JM is a jerk and I'd love to see him get taken down a peg or two, but it ain't happening Saturday.

Bama's defense isn't as good as it was the last few years, their offense is having to carry them this season and it has done that.

Remember. A&M played Bama in College Station in front of the 12th man. That makes a BIG difference.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2013, 08:02:48 am
A&M has averaged about 13 drives per game and they have scored on an average of about 55% of those drives. They also average 1 point for every 12 yards of offense.

Conversely, their opponents have averaged about 13 drives per game and have scored on about 33% of those drives. Their opponents have averaged 1 point for every 16 yards of offense.

Arkansas has been averaging about 12 drives per game and have scored on 36% of those drives while averaging 1 point for every 14 yards of offense.

Our opponents have averaged about 11 drives per game and have scored on 20% of those drives. Our opponents have averaged 1 point for every 18 yards of offense.

A&M averages 602.3 yds of total offense per game while giving up an average of 475.3 p/game.

The Hogs are averaging 397.5 on offense per game but only give up an average of 289.8 p/game.

This could be a lot closer game than what many expect or it could be a complete blow out. I have no idea at this point.

Man, you put in some time on those stats!  I just don't know how we stop them...period.  I understand keeping the ball, sustaining drives, and what we will try to do.  I just think they have to turn if over at least a few times, and we have to mix it up a lot more on offense to be successful.  Maybe it will happen...I won't be up there holding my breath.   

I never give up hope.  I've seen too many crazy things in sports to do that, and especially when it's the Hogs.  I remember years ago I decided not to even watch the Auburn game when they were highly ranked.  I don't know what Nutt told them, but apparently it worked.  I was hiking up around Jasper, and when we got off the trail I turned on the radio willing to accept the worst, and we were blowing them out.  That is the game I always remember when I find myself thinking, "No reason to go this week...probably lose anyway." 

This week will be fun, win or lose.  It always is.  Nothing like sitting in the rain in a poncho watching football.  I guess I'll be able to say I got to see the biggest a$$ in CFB history in person if nothing else.   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

bamaHOGfan13

Reading all these negative posts almost makes me wanna go climb into my bunker because the world will end on Saturday. Holy Crap.. You guys are the terrible ones. Awesome Hog fans?   NOT!
Retired Air Force Veteran. 100% HOG fan!

lumphog

Quote from: Razorbacker79 on September 24, 2013, 10:39:18 am
For the reason you just stated I don't think containment strategy will work.  Our secondary isn't good enough yet to slow them down enough--especially  for four quarters.  About our only hope, IMO, is to rattle JM's cage and be productive enough on offense to give our D a rest.

Not sure where you are getting the "#104 in pass sacks" number; the following page says they are tied with 11 other teams for 35th place with 5 sacks allowed:  http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/468

It's hard to judge an olines' performance just on that, but does give some hope that we can get to JM--probably not enough to win the game, but I agree with you that it will be close--and if it's close we have a chance to catch a break and win it. 

By productive on offense, I mean that we must improve on our third down conversion rate--right now they are way better than us in that statistic.  We are at 42.9% (8th SEC) and they are at 57.4 (2ndSEC).  If we could get to around 50% our chances would improve greatly.
We ARE DUE a break  :-\

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 24, 2013, 04:46:24 pm
Man, you put in some time on those stats!  I just don't know how we stop them...period.  I understand keeping the ball, sustaining drives, and what we will try to do.  I just think they have to turn if over at least a few times, and we have to mix it up a lot more on offense to be successful.  Maybe it will happen...I won't be up there holding my breath.   

I never give up hope.  I've seen too many crazy things in sports to do that, and especially when it's the Hogs.  I remember years ago I decided not to even watch the Auburn game when they were highly ranked.  I don't know what Nutt told them, but apparently it worked.  I was hiking up around Jasper, and when we got off the trail I turned on the radio willing to accept the worst, and we were blowing them out.  That is the game I always remember when I find myself thinking, "No reason to go this week...probably lose anyway." 

This week will be fun, win or lose.  It always is.  Nothing like sitting in the rain in a poncho watching football.  I guess I'll be able to say I got to see the biggest a$$ in CFB history in person if nothing else.   ;D

Naw, I have a spreadsheet where I plug in a few stats and it generates the results. It was easier until the NCAA changed their reporting format, now it is more of a pain in the arse.

Saturday is going to hinge on T/O's and great ST's (as always) and it is going to also hinge on sustained drives and keeping A&M's offense off the field. Need to find some stops when they are on the field or at least reduce their ability to score so quickly. Don't give them anything and make them earn everything that they get. We have a chance in this game and really, if we play well, this could be a 4 point game in the 4th quarter, but stub our toe, give them some easy scores and allow Manziel to run around on the field acting  like the arse we all know he can be, and we might lose by 28 points, or more.

We'll see which team and coaching staff shows up on Saturday. The one who appeared much better than they played at Rutgers, or the one who gave up all those points in the 4th quarter.
Go Hogs Go!

urkillnmesmalls

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

ElleauxPiglet

Quote from: AdriAnn on September 24, 2013, 06:37:34 pm
We're gonna kick their @SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This prediction is shakier than Michael J. Fox's new show. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Call me negative, but Vegas will not give a pickem on this game and that's a promise.  I would love an enthusiastic fan actually expecting a hogs win to make a wager with me straight up no line. Be happy to go 5 dimes.
Let's make some waves.

Iwastherein1969

what we have here is a bunch of 'wet behind the ears' Hog fans who really doesn't understand what it means to be AGGY....apply the old saying, "History repeats it's self" and I give us a 50-50 shot at beating AGGY straight up this coming Saturday....I've seen AGGY with better teams roll into Arkansas and leave wondering what the hell just happened, see 1975.....I'm not predicting a win for the Hogs, but neither would I go 'bat-ish' crazy wondering how the Hogs beat them by 3 TD's...AGGY is AGGY and that is all AGGY will ever be
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 24, 2013, 07:27:00 pm
what we have here is a bunch of 'wet behind the ears' Hog fans who really doesn't understand what it means to be AGGY....apply the old saying, "History repeats it's self" and I give us a 50-50 shot at beating AGGY straight up this coming Saturday....I've seen AGGY with better teams roll into Arkansas and leave wondering what the hell just happened, see 1975.....I'm not predicting a win for the Hogs, but neither would I go 'bat-ish' crazy wondering how the Hogs beat them by 3 TD's...AGGY is AGGY and that is all AGGY will ever be

So how many years for the Arkansas national title repeats itself? Shouldn't it be about that time.

Petrino beat aggies two years with inferior talent. You expecting BB to do te same I. Year one?
Let's make some waves.

BleedsRazorbackRed

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2013, 08:30:44 pm
A&M will come in over confident.

Hogs will come in pissed.

We will be determined to run the ball, and the coaches will get the best effort out of the Oline all year.

Manziel is due another meltdown. Maybe DEs Smith and Flowers will get in his head and he'll blow.

Budda and JWill have something to prove.

The crowd will be loud and prime on an awesome fall day on the Hill. Darksiders will be home on Lazyboy wringing hands and frowning while sunshine's have a blast (they will either way).

No white helmets.

And last but not least: they're friggin Aggies, people!!! Put your big boy pants on and quit your whinin!!! Hogs kick butt Saturday and it will be a great day.....

WPS and Go Hogs

I'm with ya!!!   Until you show me different  .. Hogs finish 13-1!!

GHG!!

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 24, 2013, 07:27:00 pm

Last year, they almost Aggie'd it in the game with La Tech.  They very easily could have lost.  So, to say it's impossible certainly isn't accurate. 

What we would have to see is a dramatic improvement in execution across the board, a game plan that can confuse and somehow rattle J Manziel enough to prevent him from being his usual "x factor" in the game, and probably a lot of good luck. 

Anytime I start thinking our chances are slim and none, I always remind myself of the stupor my father and I were in as we watched the '78 team wreck OU in the Orange Bowl.  Every time we scored, we kept thinking..."That's going to be the score that wakes OU up, and they'll come storming back."  Meanwhile we were stuffing their option attack like breaking sticks when no one thought anyone could possibly even slow it down. 

So...I learned to never say never.  That having been said, no matter how we lose Saturday, I won't be as upset about it as I was three days ago.  That stung, because we gave the game away.  They tried to give it to us with TO's, and we gave it right back with poorly timed penalties and terrible special teams.  I hate those games you lose when you should have won... 

hobhog

Quote from: AdriAnn on September 24, 2013, 06:37:34 pm
We're gonna kick their @SS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Payback is hell! Saturday can't get here soon enough.....

Boarcephus

My only question is will we able to force them to punt?  They rang up 600+ yards against bama and we gave up 400+ to a mediocre Rutgers team.  This game will get ugly in a hurry and then get worse from there. 

Our only hope is for someone to knock Manziel out of the game early and then we'll see.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hobhog

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 24, 2013, 08:52:15 pm
My only question is will we able to force them to punt?  They rang up 600+ yards against bama and we gave up 400+ to a mediocre Rutgers team.  This game will get ugly in a hurry and then get worse from there. 

Our only hope is for someone to knock Manziel out of the game early and then we'll see.

Good gawd try to get a hold of yourself. Aggies haven't seen the likes of Hogs at home since the SWC days. It will be glorious.....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hobhog on September 24, 2013, 09:00:21 pm
Good gawd try to get a hold of yourself. Aggies haven't seen the likes of Hogs at home since the SWC days. It will be glorious.....

Dude, I love the Hogs as much as anyone and trust me, I think they have a chance on Saturday if everything goes exactly as planned and we can perfectly execute an ultra-excellent game plan, but you take unrealistic and biased homerism to a new and embarrassing level.
Go Hogs Go!

TheRazorback500

We have a chance. Anything can happen in a football game. Manziel's due a subpar game. Maybe it happens Saturday. I'm remaining optimistic until proven otherwise about 9 that night. I'll have a cold one, anyway. Go Hogs!
Do you wanna get Rocked?

kaiserhog

Thank you Hoghog for some optimisim and belief. 

elksnort

elksnort

hobhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2013, 09:28:34 pm
Dude, I love the Hogs as much as anyone and trust me, I think they have a chance on Saturday if everything goes exactly as planned and we can perfectly execute an ultra-excellent game plan, but you take unrealistic and biased homerism to a new and embarrassing level.

Exactly. You're comin along.

Old A&M fans know what I'm saying. They're worried, but their players are clueless of what they will see in RRS Saturday......5 minutes before kickoff RRS will be as loud as ever. It will be on.....

urfatso

remind me when Johnny had his first meltdown.  Im not sure I remember that

hobhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 24, 2013, 11:08:33 am
It has happened see the 78 Orange bowl and the 1982 Upset of Number one Texas .

I was at the 82 game and survived Dickson Street afterwards.....

Iwastherein1969

not predicting it will happen, not saying it will happen, but every now and then the Gods of sport, for some strange reason shine on the Hogs....this Saturday could be one of them, of course it probably won't happen, however I'll be hoping that once again, "a blind hog can find an acorn"....gotta have faith that Aggy will once again wake up the echoes and become Aggy once more
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: urfatso on September 24, 2013, 11:01:41 pm
remind me when Johnny had his first meltdown.  Im not sure I remember that

I'm sure he's had one, if not, there's always a first time for everything....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

judgeroyswine

A&M can name the score, but I'll do it for them: 65-20 Aggies.

I see nothing to prevent this.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

hobhog

Quote from: judgeroyswine on September 26, 2013, 08:02:56 pm
A&M can name the score, but I'll do it for them: 65-20 Aggies.

I see nothing to prevent this.

OK. You obviously have not been paying attention, Spock. Start at the top and read down again.

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

LZH

Quote from: hobhog on September 24, 2013, 11:39:35 pm
I was at the 82 game and survived Dickson Street afterwards.....

You must have been miserable, since the game was in Austin that year and we got the hell beat out of us.  ;)

You guys are thinking about 1981, fwiw.

judgeroyswine

Quote from: hobhog on September 26, 2013, 08:24:58 pm
OK. You obviously have not been paying attention, Spock. Start at the top and read down again.

Thanks for the Spock reference. I was only using logic.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Murr

Which state did the OP order from?  Washington or Colorado?

We will be determined to run the ball, and the coaches will get the best effort out of the Oline all year.

Manziel is due another meltdown. Maybe DEs Smith and Flowers will get in his head and he'll blow.

The crowd will be loud and prime on an awesome fall day on the Hill. Darksiders will be home on Lazyboy wringing hands and frowning while sunshine's have a blast (they will either way).

No white helmets.

And last but not least: they're friggin Aggies, people!!! Put your big boy pants on and quit your whinin!!! Hogs kick butt Saturday and it will be a great day.....

WPS and Go Hogs

Root Down

4TH qter at Rutgers we got 2 first downs in a row on nothing but passing.  4 WR 1 RB.  I really believe we can run out of this formation and Pass.  mixed with our power looks and playaction.......we have a chance!  :razorback:

hobhog

Quote from: LedZepHog on September 26, 2013, 11:14:39 pm
You must have been miserable, since the game was in Austin that year and we got the hell beat out of us.  ;)

You guys are thinking about 1981, fwiw.

1981. I partied until 82.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

OptimusHog

While I'm not sure (I hope) we will win, I did have a very vivid dream that we won 31-17. In any case, WPS.

LZH

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: hobhog on September 24, 2013, 10:33:49 pm
Exactly. You're comin along.

Old A&M fans know what I'm saying. They're worried, but their players are clueless of what they will see in RRS Saturday......5 minutes before kickoff RRS will be as loud as ever. It will be on.....

Yeah!! Playing in Bryant-Denny last season was NOTHING like playing in RRS!!

My God the absolute delusion some of you live in un freaking real!
Have you EVER been outside the state of Arkansas???
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Kevin

it would be like the hogs to lose to rutgers then turn around at beat a&m
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Snouty

Quote from: Root Down on September 27, 2013, 07:14:59 am
4TH qter at Rutgers we got 2 first downs in a row on nothing but passing.  4 WR 1 RB.  I really believe we can run out of this formation and Pass.  mixed with our power looks and playaction.......we have a chance!  :razorback:

I'm trying my best to forget the 4th quarter at Rutgers.

hobhog

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on September 27, 2013, 09:02:31 pm

Once again: Good Gawd get a hold of yourself!....... or stay the hell away from the stadium.

You must of grown up during the Depression with big sisters slapping you around. Why so frightened?

Go Hogs Go!!!

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on September 27, 2013, 09:02:31 pm

Uh no. Most hog fans have never been out of the state. Explains 80% of the ignorance. The other 20% well that's just hog tards!
Quote from: hobhog on September 27, 2013, 10:45:00 pm
Once again: Good Gawd get a hold of yourself!....... or stay the hell away from the stadium.

You must of grown up during the Depression with big sisters slapping you around. Why so frightened?

Go Hogs Go!!!
Quote from: hobhog on September 27, 2013, 10:45:00 pm

Go Hogs Go!!!

Why because he didn't lap up the crap you served hog puppy?
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Kevin on September 27, 2013, 09:31:15 pm
it would be like the hogs to lose to rutgers then turn around at beat a&m

Is that what it would be like?  I look for people like you for wagers!
Let's make some waves.

Swine-as-wine

By Gawd! Now that's some talk I can get behind! You online betters and "realists"
stay camped out over at Golden Aggie Bets R Us dot com, and leave the enthusiasm
and cheers for victory to the true HOG fans. Helluva post buddy! We need more like
this one on here! GO HOGS GO! Beat the HELL out of those dirty Aggies tommorrow!

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs

hobhog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 28, 2013, 12:25:22 am
Uh no. Most hog fans have never been out of the state. Explains 80% of the ignorance. The other 20% well that's just Arkansas.

Why because he didn't lap up the crap you served hog puppy?

You sure you're a Hog fan? Sounds like you don't care much for Hogs or Arkansans. Assuming and hoping you stay in Texas and stay away from RRS.

BTW- ESPN talking heads listed this game as "Upset Alert". Guess they are crap too....

GO HOGS.

masshog2412

Quote from: Pig Latin on September 24, 2013, 12:57:23 pm
When did rooting for your team against all odds and believing that we can win aginst anyone get replaced with the need to be right or show everyone how smart you are?  who gives a flying fug who we are playing? we can and will win. 

they should not let some of you see the schedule so that you can get back to the childhood fun of the game itself. that way you dont have to show how knowledgeable you are or prove how often you were right.  be a fanatic again. screw logic.  go hogs.  beat whoever is next on the schedule. 

how about this logic?   johnny manzell is a gomer doosh mouth breathing caveman that  pooped himself less than 18 years ago.  put that in your pipe and smoke it.
you sir ......are a genious