Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win Saturday. It will be a great day....

Started by hobhog, September 23, 2013, 08:30:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

A&M will come in over confident.

Hogs will come in pissed.

We will be determined to run the ball, and the coaches will get the best effort out of the Oline all year.

Manziel is due another meltdown. Maybe DEs Smith and Flowers will get in his head and he'll blow.

Budda and JWill have something to prove.

The crowd will be loud and prime on an awesome fall day on the Hill. Darksiders will be home on Lazyboy wringing hands and frowning while sunshine's have a blast (they will either way).

No white helmets.

And last but not least: they're friggin Aggies, people!!! Put your big boy pants on and quit your whinin!!! Hogs kick butt Saturday and it will be a great day.....

WPS and Go Hogs

majestic

Not even with Peyton at QB. I like to drink, too. I don't normally start delusional topics, though.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

hobhog

Quote from: majestic on September 23, 2013, 08:34:14 pm
Not even with Peyton at QB. I like to drink, too. I don't normally start delusional topics, though.

Just wait for it as you watch the game from under yer bed!!!!

Stone sober now, won't be by 6pm Saturday.....

UAstudent13

Quote from: hobhog on September 23, 2013, 08:30:44 pm

We will be determined to run the ball, and the coaches will get the best effort out of the Oline all year.

Manziel is due another meltdown. Maybe DEs Smith and Flowers will get in his head and he'll blow.

The crowd will be loud and prime on an awesome fall day on the Hill. Darksiders will be home on Lazyboy wringing hands and frowning while sunshine's have a blast (they will either way).

No white helmets.

And last but not least: they're friggin Aggies, people!!! Put your big boy pants on and quit your whinin!!! Hogs kick butt Saturday and it will be a great day.....

WPS and Go Hogs

LoL.

TNRazorbacker

Although i'm not optimistic there are some match ups in our favor this game. A&M is vulnerable on the defensive front. We have a strong o-line and two good running backs. If we can pass enough to keep them honest and control the line of scrimmage we might he able to keep Manziel off the field for much of the game.

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Johnny be good is a special player. Our d is much improved but we won't come close to stopping this kid.

Razorback de Nosferatu

All right.  I'm over it.  Redemption this Saturday.  The return of Fayettenam.

We pop the egomaniacal balloon that is Manziel's head, humble him once and for all, and beat Texas A&M by 10.  Forget about acting like we've been there before; fans storm the field.  Cars are burning.  There's a local band playing a drunken hair metal concert at Baum Stadium.  And by one a.m., both sets of goal posts are somehow hung in the rafters of Bud Walton Arena.

Then we all wake up.  With LSU's live mascot somehow in the bathroom...

NWARazor

From aggiesports.com:http://www.aggiesports.com/football/article_aefd0f3c-2413-11e3-9d0d-001a4bcf887a.html "The Razorbacks, with or without Allen, are a huge challenge because of the uncertainty of A&M's run defense. SMU doesn't like to run the ball much, but still had 93 yards rushing on 17 carries, a healthy 5.5-yard average, and running back Prescott Line had 40 yards on nine carries, not getting caught behind the line. Arkansas freshman Alex Collins who became the first freshman in Southeastern Conference history to start his career with three straight 100-yard rushing games will be a tough test for an A&M defense allowing 5.9 yards per carry. Arkansas is averaging 5.1 yards per rush."

Because it's Everything Texas isn't; Better than Ole Miss; a Northerner's Dream and a Southerner's Wish; the Pride of Arkansas; The Ultimate College Experience; Wooooo Pig Sooie; Old Main; LSU's Worst Nightmare; And a Place That Can Get In Your Blood and Stay Forever...

Dropkick

Break a leg Johnny...........no, seriously break a leg you punk.

regi

Quote from: NWARazor on September 23, 2013, 11:21:10 pm
From aggiesports.com:http://www.aggiesports.com/football/article_aefd0f3c-2413-11e3-9d0d-001a4bcf887a.html "The Razorbacks, with or without Allen, are a huge challenge because of the uncertainty of A&M's run defense. SMU doesn't like to run the ball much, but still had 93 yards rushing on 17 carries, a healthy 5.5-yard average, and running back Prescott Line had 40 yards on nine carries, not getting caught behind the line. Arkansas freshman Alex Collins who became the first freshman in Southeastern Conference history to start his career with three straight 100-yard rushing games will be a tough test for an A&M defense allowing 5.9 yards per carry. Arkansas is averaging 5.1 yards per rush."

Bama, 96 yards rushing vs Va Tech, 66 yards rushing vs Colo State, and 237 yards rushing vs the Aggies. It is interesting. Tough for Johnny to do his thing standing next to Sumlin.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: regi on September 23, 2013, 11:25:46 pm
Bama, 96 yards rushing vs Va Tech, 66 yards rushing vs Colo State, and 237 yards rushing vs the Aggies. It is interesting. Tough for Johnny to do his thing standing next to Sumlin.

I keep seeing that they aren't very good versus the rush.  Run the ball, run the clock, shorten the game, and shock everyone by doing exactly what many are saying can't be done with a style that some are saying is the way of the dinosaur.  But how do you keep JM and TAMU from scoring at will?  We score, and then we have to kick off right?  How do we stop them?  They scored 42 on Bama with some turnovers. 

If they score virtually every time they get the ball, I struggle to see how we will be able to keep up.  I want to believe that their defense is so bad that we'll be able to do things that even Bama couldn't do on offense, but what exactly is that? 

I want so badly to beat them, and I'm sure the players do tenfold.  I just don't think it's our time yet, and I hope our fans understand that.  The talent gap is likely just too big to overcome, but stranger things have happened.  I still think we lose big...by at least 4TD's.  I don't think they can take us lightly enough to lose.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs

You post like a Hobo.

Probably need to use the Auburn defense against A&M to have any sort of shot.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs

You post like a Hobo.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs

You post like a Hobo.

MissippHog

Wait, has anyone not played this on the Xbox or Playstation yet?  That's really the only true barometer of whether we can win this game or not.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs

I wish you were right, but I know you are wrong... I would like to be wrong myself.. I like eggs...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Razorbacker79

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 23, 2013, 11:42:48 pm
I keep seeing that they aren't very good versus the rush.  Run the ball, run the clock, shorten the game, and shock everyone by doing exactly what many are saying can't be done with a style that some are saying is the way of the dinosaur.  But how do you keep JM and TAMU from scoring at will?  We score, and then we have to kick off right?  How do we stop them?  They scored 42 on Bama with some turnovers. 

If they score virtually every time they get the ball, I struggle to see how we will be able to keep up.  I want to believe that their defense is so bad that we'll be able to do things that even Bama couldn't do on offense, but what exactly is that? 

I want so badly to beat them, and I'm sure the players do tenfold.  I just don't think it's our time yet, and I hope our fans understand that.  The talent gap is likely just too big to overcome, but stranger things have happened.  I still think we lose big...by at least 4TD's.  I don't think they can take us lightly enough to lose.   
I think the key is our Dline against their Oline.  I'm as excited as I've ever been about our defensive front.  Consistently harassing JM will relieve pressure on our DB's, who are statistically good but that is one statistic that is obviously skewed by lesser competion--they don't pass the eye test.  But if our Dline play can slow their offense down enough we can win with a BALANCED offense against a not too great defense.  I haven't given up on Derby yet, but he might be as bad as some of the naysayers say he is.  I love a good running game and believe in physical play, but I want to see some long passes--even if incomplete--too because it opens up all kinds of plays on offense.  If Derby can't do it then maybe we should take the redshirt off Austin--I would hate to do it but I don't think Brandon will be playing for another two or three weeks. 

So the question is, how good is their Oline?  I don't know, but with them averaging over 600 yards per game it must be pretty good.  They are, however, middle of the road in the SEC for sacks allowed.  Still, I think it is going to be just good enough for them to win.  But I think it will be fairly close and not a run away.

I really want to pick us to win this game tho.  They are really primed for a letting down of their guard.  When I did my preseason predictions (6-6 regular season) I penciled in Rutgers as a loss and then TAMU as our inspired game.  I still think we will win one of the games in the brutal part of our schedule--the next four.  If not TAMU, then South Carolina.  Florida's defense is going to be too tough in the Swamp.  I would give us a chance with Bama too if we played them at home.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

jkstock04

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs
Promise?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Murr

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs

recommended for drug testing.

hobhog

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on September 23, 2013, 10:26:59 pm
All right.  I'm over it.  Redemption this Saturday.  The return of Fayettenam.

We pop the egomaniacal balloon that is Manziel's head, humble him once and for all, and beat Texas A&M by 10.  Forget about acting like we've been there before; fans storm the field.  Cars are burning.  There's a local band playing a drunken hair metal concert at Baum Stadium.  And by one a.m., both sets of goal posts are somehow hung in the rafters of Bud Walton Arena.

Then we all wake up.  With LSU's live mascot somehow in the bathroom...

Now you're talking.....it will be epic.

SoonerSooie

I sure with the OP was right. But, after seeing our defensive secondary melt down-- or rather our LB failures-- I have to honestly say that I think A and M can name the score on us. I just don't see us slowing the scum,,, um QB down much. Morally and ethically he is dirt far as I am concerned. Athletically, he is truly exceptionally talented.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Well I think you could possibly be incorrect.

Will say one thing though.  YOU WIN THE SPIRIT BADGE for this week so far.

Go Hogs.
Let's make some waves.

longtimeHogfan

They hung 600 yds + on Alabama's defense (an all time record for any Alabama team) with with 5 touchdowns and still lost because 'Bama could match them score for score.  Can't see us coming anywhere near close to keeping up with them.   
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hoggish1

M L (bassplayer)

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on September 24, 2013, 06:07:16 am
Well I think you could possibly be incorrect.
Will say one thing though.  YOU WIN THE SPIRIT BADGE for this week so far.
Go Hogs.

I am glad to see some spirit. Yesterday I thought I was going to have to stay away from hogville for a while, to let the haters die down. Go Hogs, let's have some fun!

jdelo77

Here's the thing , keep him in pocket and contain him with you ends , then he picks apart the back 7 , we start getting picked apart and we drop back a little , he runs for 30 yards untouched... My point is we better have a great game plan in place if we want to keep this game close !

DLUXHOG

Be at peace.....sleep well.... We own A&M by a significantly wide margin.    Hogs have A&M's number.....  Hogs will win in Fayetteville this Saturday...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pulled(PP)pork

I'm just wondering where the good tailgates will be.

PP

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 23, 2013, 10:19:18 pm
Although i'm not optimistic there are some match ups in our favor this game. A&M is vulnerable on the defensive front. We have a strong o-line and two good running backs. If we can pass enough to keep them honest and control the line of scrimmage we might he able to keep Manziel off the field for much of the game.
Quote from: Razorbacker79 on September 24, 2013, 01:04:29 am
I think the key is our Dline against their Oline.  I'm as excited as I've ever been about our defensive front.  Consistently harassing JM will relieve pressure on our DB's, who are statistically good but that is one statistic that is obviously skewed by lesser competion--they don't pass the eye test.  But if our Dline play can slow their offense down enough we can win with a BALANCED offense against a not too great defense.  I haven't given up on Derby yet, but he might be as bad as some of the naysayers say he is.  I love a good running game and believe in physical play, but I want to see some long passes--even if incomplete--too because it opens up all kinds of plays on offense.  If Derby can't do it then maybe we should take the redshirt off Austin--I would hate to do it but I don't think Brandon will be playing for another two or three weeks. 

So the question is, how good is their Oline?  I don't know, but with them averaging over 600 yards per game it must be pretty good.  They are, however, middle of the road in the SEC for sacks allowed.  Still, I think it is going to be just good enough for them to win.  But I think it will be fairly close and not a run away.

I really want to pick us to win this game tho.  They are really primed for a letting down of their guard.  When I did my preseason predictions (6-6 regular season) I penciled in Rutgers as a loss and then TAMU as our inspired game.  I still think we will win one of the games in the brutal part of our schedule--the next four.  If not TAMU, then South Carolina.  Florida's defense is going to be too tough in the Swamp.  I would give us a chance with Bama too if we played them at home.

It sure took you a lot of words to say I can't face the reality of this so I'll just make stuff up that I like hearing.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

The Galloping Ghost

It sure took you a lot of words to say I can't face the reality of this so I'll just make stuff up that I like hearing.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

The Galloping Ghost

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 23, 2013, 11:42:48 pm

A&M has averaged about 13 drives per game and they have scored on an average of about 55% of those drives. They also average 1 point for every 12 yards of offense.

Conversely, their opponents have averaged about 13 drives per game and have scored on about 33% of those drives. Their opponents have averaged 1 point for every 16 yards of offense.

Arkansas has been averaging about 12 drives per game and have scored on 36% of those drives while averaging 1 point for every 14 yards of offense.

Our opponents have averaged about 11 drives per game and have scored on 20% of those drives. Our opponents have averaged 1 point for every 18 yards of offense.

A&M averages 602.3 yds of total offense per game while giving up an average of 475.3 p/game.

The Hogs are averaging 397.5 on offense per game but only give up an average of 289.8 p/game.

This could be a lot closer game than what many expect or it could be a complete blow out. I have no idea at this point.
Go Hogs Go!

Pulled(PP)pork

regardless, I'll be there calling the Hogs just like I was last year, in the rain, against Bama....after losing Wilson to injury.

I know these kids haven't given up, so why should I?

PP

tophawg19

Against bama JM threw up some jump balls that were prayers . Evans answered them. We have no answer for Evans size and skill . We will have to blitz JM  and keep knocking him down . our best and only chance is to get into his head and force him into rushing throws . Our O-LINE will have to man up this time and our qb can't throw rainbows anymore .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

Against bama JM threw up some jump balls that were prayers . Evans answered them. We have no answer for Evans size and skill . We will have to blitz JM  and keep knocking him down . our best and only chance is to get into his head and force him into rushing throws . Our O-LINE will have to man up this time and our qb can't throw rainbows anymore .

tophawg19

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 24, 2013, 08:38:19 am

Our OL shouldn't have many problems this week. They remain the best pass blocking OL in the SEC and A&M allows over 200 yards per game in rushing offense. Long drives keeping the A&M offense on the bench might do two things, 1) cool them off a bit so that they can't get into a consistent rhythm and 2) you can't score if you aren't on the field.

As for Derby last weekend, he started slow only completing 40% of his passes in the first half, but completed 62.5% of his passes in the second half. If he has to play, I don't expect the same slow start this week and he should have all day to throw since A&M is #104 in pass sacks.

Got to keep Manziel hemmed in so you can expect less pass rush and a more conservative "contain" approach from the front four. Problem is, if we don't roll the dice and put pressure on him, he will light-up our Secondary. This may be a week where we have to pick our poison on defense.
Go Hogs Go!

Razorbacker79

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 24, 2013, 08:38:26 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on September 24, 2013, 09:00:05 am
Our OL shouldn't have many problems this week. They remain the best pass blocking OL in the SEC and A&M allows over 200 yards per game in rushing offense. Long drives keeping the A&M offense on the bench might do two things, 1) cool them off a bit so that they can't get into a consistent rhythm and 2) you can't score if you aren't on the field.

As for Derby last weekend, he started slow only completing 40% of his passes in the first half, but completed 62.5% of his passes in the second half. If he has to play, I don't expect the same slow start this week and he should have all day to throw since A&M is #104 in pass sacks.

Got to keep Manziel hemmed in so you can expect less pass rush and a more conservative "contain" approach from the front four. Problem is, if we don't roll the dice and put pressure on him, he will light-up our Secondary. This may be a week where we have to pick our poison on defense.
For the reason you just stated I don't think containment strategy will work.  Our secondary isn't good enough yet to slow them down enough--especially  for four quarters.  About our only hope, IMO, is to rattle JM's cage and be productive enough on offense to give our D a rest.

Not sure where you are getting the "#104 in pass sacks" number; the following page says they are tied with 11 other teams for 35th place with 5 sacks allowed:  http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/468

It's hard to judge an olines' performance just on that, but does give some hope that we can get to JM--probably not enough to win the game, but I agree with you that it will be close--and if it's close we have a chance to catch a break and win it. 

By productive on offense, I mean that we must improve on our third down conversion rate--right now they are way better than us in that statistic.  We are at 42.9% (8th SEC) and they are at 57.4 (2ndSEC).  If we could get to around 50% our chances would improve greatly.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Razorbacker79 on September 24, 2013, 10:39:18 am
For the reason you just stated I don't think containment strategy will work.  Our secondary isn't good enough yet to slow them down enough--especially  for four quarters.  About our only hope, IMO, is to rattle JM's cage and be productive enough on offense to give our D a rest.

Not sure where you are getting the "#104 in pass sacks" number; the following page says they are tied with 11 other teams for 35th place with 5 sacks allowed:  http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/468

It's hard to judge an olines' performance just on that, but does give some hope that we can get to JM--probably not enough to win the game, but I agree with you that it will be close--and if it's close we have a chance to catch a break and win it. 

By productive on offense, I mean that we must improve on our third down conversion rate--right now they are way better than us in that statistic.  We are at 42.9% (8th SEC) and they are at 57.4 (2ndSEC).  If we could get to around 50% our chances would improve greatly.

Check this link and scroll down to #104 "Team Pass Sacks". You are looking at "Pass Sacks Allowed" which has nothing to do with our O-Line.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=11
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs

It has happened see the 78 Orange bowl and the 1982 Upset of Number one Texas .
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Fayettetopia

Maybe the most realistic chance we have:

The rain (70% Sat evening) will favor us in the ground game and hurt their passing attack.

trashcan maN

superior_wang

No white helmets.

WPS and Go Hogs
doubt it.

Pig Latin

When did rooting for your team against all odds and believing that we can win aginst anyone get replaced with the need to be right or show everyone how smart you are?  who gives a flying fug who we are playing? we can and will win. 

they should not let some of you see the schedule so that you can get back to the childhood fun of the game itself. that way you dont have to show how knowledgeable you are or prove how often you were right.  be a fanatic again. screw logic.  go hogs.  beat whoever is next on the schedule. 

how about this logic?   johnny manzell is a gomer doosh mouth breathing caveman that  pooped himself less than 18 years ago.  put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Quote from: KnilesKankle on April 22, 2012, 09:57:12 am
Smites are like scars, be proud of of them all.

Huckleberry Pig

agree with some, our only chance to win is for our D-Line to get after Johnny in a big way.  Throw some blitz's in there, anything to rattle him up.  Not goin to be able to just contain him and let him throw the ball.  Ya he will prob break off some big runs if we go after him but it's our best chance at creating turnovers and causing problems.

Secondary no where near good enough for us to contain him and let him throw. 

D line has to get consistent pressure and cause turnovers.  It's a longshot but fingers are crossed.

SWarkansasman

You shouldn`t post stuff like this,  A&M players could read it and get so scared they will not show up .

Tigris Maximus

If Manziel and Co. can hang 42 on Bama's defense, they are going to skullfrick Arkansas.  I'm sorry, JM is a jerk and I'd love to see him get taken down a peg or two, but it ain't happening Saturday.

hobhog

Quote from: Pig Latin on September 24, 2013, 12:57:23 pm
When did rooting for your team against all odds and believing that we can win aginst anyone get replaced with the need to be right or show everyone how smart you are?  who gives a flying fug who we are playing? we can and will win. 

they should not let some of you see the schedule so that you can get back to the childhood fun of the game itself. that way you dont have to show how knowledgeable you are or prove how often you were right.  be a fanatic again. screw logic.  go hogs.  beat whoever is next on the schedule. 

how about this logic?   johnny manzell is a gomer doosh mouth breathing caveman that  pooped himself less than 18 years ago.  put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Love it!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO  PPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGG SOUIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

ATLHog

Quote from: Tigris Maximus on September 24, 2013, 01:33:26 pm
If Manziel and Co. can hang 42 on Bama's defense, they are going to skullfrick Arkansas.  I'm sorry, JM is a jerk and I'd love to see him get taken down a peg or two, but it ain't happening Saturday.
...as they will do to you on October 19.