Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A&M shady stuff

Started by LAHog124, March 02, 2015, 08:33:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LAHog124

"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

dhizzle

Oh you're decommiting you can have this hash tag if you come play for the gigems.

bigdaddyhawg

I say let them keep getting all of these "out for ME!!" recruits they want.

Let me just say again, I love the quality of kids we are building our program around.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 02, 2015, 09:20:11 pm
I say let them keep getting all of these "out for ME!!" recruits they want.

Let me just say again, I love the quality of kids we are building our program around.
Yea.  It was hilarious when Kenny Hill was wanting to trademark Kenny Trill after the first game.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The_Iceman

I've said this multiple times, but there is a lot of shady stuff going on down there, especially with their basketball recruiting.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 03, 2015, 08:33:09 am
I've said this multiple times, but there is a lot of shady stuff going on down there, especially with their basketball recruiting.

Whats new?...The Gaggies are just not as accomplished as their Shorthorn relatives!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

lrar4hogs

When they hired Rick Stansbury on the basketball staff, I knew they were going to be shady.  MSU got tired of Stansbury and his rep. for being dirty and decided to rebuild and lose for a couple of seasons than have Stansbury around.

respirback

You can take the Aggie out of the SWC but you can't take the SWC out of the Aggie

Danny J

I agree......reminds me A LOT of Baylor. No way and I mean NO WAY should Baylor and aTm be able to all the sudden, in Baylor's case this has been going back several years, start attracting top talent when they have never done anything in basketball. In the case of aTm when they lost to UGA at home it was during their long winning streak after Jones return to the team, when they were in 3rd place in the SEC and the stands were less than half full in a small gym. So again....how are they attracting all this talent? Pure speculation on my part but it doesn't feel right.

RyeHogFan

Manziel trademarked "Johnny Football" after his first year.

Kenny Hill trademarked "Kenny Trill" after one game.

This kid trademarked #WRTS after committing to them.

What's next?!  Is some kid gonna get a trademark after A&M sends him a letter of interest?

Hog N Bama

I just hope they understand WTH after we stomp them in Dallas this year! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

twistitup

They trademarked piihb too....go figure
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

WorfHog

justmakeit2thebcs

Shady?   Am I missing something?   A recruits dad filing for a trademark is shady?

LAHog124

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 03, 2015, 07:08:11 pm
Shady?   Am I missing something?   A recruits dad filing for a trademark is shady?

That's not the point, it's the fact that A&M is allowing it, and this isn't the first time (Kenny "Trill", "Johnny Football"). You think Coach B would let that happen and that unnecessary attention be brought to the university and football team? I don't think so.
"If there's one thing I hate it's losing. If there's two things I hate it it's losing and getting cancer." -Kenny Powers

The Boar War

IIRC A&M (or someone involved with them) is selling t shirts with this trademarked hash tag on them.  When they sell the t shirts they're paying the recruits father for the trademark.

baitshop

You boys must not have read the same article that I did??

What I read was that A&M was not allowing their licensing partners to use the hashtag so that the kids Dad could not profit from it through selling clothing with the hashtag on it...

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

The Boar War

Quote from: baitshop on March 04, 2015, 07:48:23 am

What I read was that A&M was not allowing their licensing partners to use the hashtag so that the kids Dad could not profit from it through selling clothing with the hashtag on it...

Apparently the university won't sell it.  And he can't use #wrts alongside any trademarked ATM logos.  Personally I don't have a problem with them using #werapethesheep.  Can't imagine it would do much for the Aggies.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: baitshop on March 04, 2015, 07:48:23 am

Riiiiiight, now that it has been brought to the light. If no one had caught on what do you think would happen? They are still using the hashtag. just not selling it, but they are still bringing attention to it so that fans know about it.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The Boar War on March 04, 2015, 08:04:37 am
Apparently the university won't sell it.  And he can't use #wrts alongside any trademarked ATM logos.  Personally I don't have a problem with them using #werapethesheep.  Can't imagine it would do much for the Aggies.

That one has already been trademarked by Auburn.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: LAHog124 on March 03, 2015, 08:44:38 pm
That's not the point, it's the fact that A&M is allowing it, and this isn't the first time (Kenny "Trill", "Johnny Football"). You think Coach B would let that happen and that unnecessary attention be brought to the university and football team? I don't think so.
CBB couldn't stop a father from trademarking anything. He could make sure the university doesn't associate itself any form or fashion with the trademark, which is exactly what A&M is doing.   

Zero shadiness from the Aggies.  What CBB would do is not recruit that type of "look at me" player, but it's not shady to recruit that kind of recruit.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on March 04, 2015, 11:23:51 am
CBB couldn't stop a father from trademarking anything. He could make sure the university doesn't associate itself any form or fashion with the trademark, which is exactly what A&M is doing.   

Zero shadiness from the Aggies.  What CBB would do is not recruit that type of "look at me" player, but it's not shady to recruit that kind of recruit.

So you think having three guys in three consecutive years trademark something is just a little ol co-inky-dink? Helped by the same guy no less. The third having not been on the team long enough to play a down or, you guessed it!! Earn a catchy little nickname. But just happened to use a hashtag that the school made famous, AND THEN backed off once the recruit filed the paper work? Riiiiiight, gotcha. Read it again and you will see where the Athletic department still has the hashtag up in places, just decided to not license anything with it. Perfect.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

LAHog124

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on March 04, 2015, 04:27:01 pm
So you think having three guys in three consecutive years trademark something is just a little ol co-inky-dink? Helped by the same guy no less. The third having not been on the team long enough to play a down or, you guessed it!! Earn a catchy little nickname. But just happened to use a hashtag that the school made famous, AND THEN backed off once the recruit filed the paper work? Riiiiiight, gotcha. Read it again and you will see where the Athletic department still has the hashtag up in places, just decided to not license anything with it. Perfect.

+1

SkeeterHawg

Yes I think you are missing something.  Aggies have used it as a slogan for a couple of years so if you put it on a shirt with their colors, the fans will buy it.  It just will not have any A&M trademarked logos on it as they have distanced themselves from the trademarked #WRST.  Nice, who is gonna buy it since it has no A&M logos..I guess only a few.  However, lets say the guy goes and puts it on a burnt orange shirt and a longhorn trademark?  Baylor Green and sells it, TCU? It opens up a large market where every school could claim #WRTS and the recruits family could make a fortune...Great recruiting tool. 

WorfHog

#TheCheerleadersAreAllDudes