Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday tidbits from RD: Awesome list of visitors for March 7th

Started by GalaHawg, February 27, 2015, 10:37:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GalaHawg

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/feb/27/friday-recruiting-tidbits/

Tentative list of prospects expected to visit Arkansas March 7.
DE McTelvin Agim-Hope
DL-OL Austin Capps- Star City
OL Kellen Deisch- Trophy Club, (Texas) Byron Nelson
WR Jordan Jones-Smackover
Ath. T.J. Hammonds- Pulaski Robinson
WR Isaiah Graham-Bastrop, La.
DL Chris Daniels- Euless, (Texas) Trinity

This group would be the backbone of next year's class

Polecat

It was difficult for me to read that list without being distracted by your avi. Ha
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Oklahawg

Great list and awesome that they are getting them here together so early in the process.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pigsfeat

Would love to see some early commits to help momentum and in order to target areas of need!
"You don't eat mayonnaise to be healthy!"
E. Neal

Muskliketusk

Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

jgphillips3

Love the strategy of getting Agim on campus with some other recruits who are, or will be, all Hog.

JIHawg

redeye

Quote from: Muskliketusk on February 27, 2015, 03:31:47 pm
Too bad that Diesch is going to Baylor or OU. Barf

Comments like this always amuse me.  You may know something, but without an explanation, I have no reason to believe you.  Even if you're right, I guarantee you that I can find someone else saying he's going to a different school.  IIRC, all the 247 experts think he's favoring Texas.  So my question is "Why should I believe you"?

If you're gonna act like you know something others don't, it would benefit you to back it up, because otherwise, most people will just write it off as meaningless and not give it a second thought.

OGR69

My son goes to school with him, that is his top 2 from what I have heard. Not saying things can not change though. He plays defensive end, but they are trying OT this year, supposedly.

online-with-swine

Well, getting him on campus for a visit could go a long way to changing that.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Polecat on February 27, 2015, 10:48:43 am
It was difficult for me to read that list without being distracted by your avi. Ha

What list 😜
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

OGR69

He has been on campus.  We tried to get him to go to camp with us last year and they went to the NIU game. Trying to get him to go to camp this year as well. The visit next weekend might change his mind, but for now OU and Baylor are his top 2-again as far as what he and my son talked about. Still early in the process and things always change. He is a great kid. He won the defensive player award for the team and my son won OL of the year-both will be SRs this year.

mhuff

Quote from: OGR69 on February 28, 2015, 11:36:43 am
He has been on campus.  We tried to get him to go to camp with us last year and they went to the NIU game. Trying to get him to go to camp this year as well. The visit next weekend might change his mind, but for now OU and Baylor are his top 2-again as far as what he and my son talked about. Still early in the process and things always change. He is a great kid. He won the defensive player award for the team and my son won OL of the year-both will be SRs this year.

Congrats..... I know you are proud of your son. I think life lessons from sports are really important.

1highhog

OGR69

We have 3 kids on the team being recruited.  2 of them real heavy.  Unfortunately my son is the one waiting for offers-no big deal-his time will come, but unlike the other 2 he is not 6'6" or taller.  His dream is Arkansas and he has talked with CSP.  He started at center as a soph, but was moved to tackle last year due to injuries.  Coaches have told him due to size (6'2"/275#-and kept him at 275 for now due to power lifting-will have no problem putting on the next 15-20 pounds of good wt) they want to see film of him at center-other than his soph film. That is one reason we are hoping Kellen moves to OT this year-would allow my son to move back to center. Has quite a few P5 schools looking at him, but no offers yet.  Arkansas is his dream school-been going to camps up there for 6 years and we go to 3-4 games a year (even passed up a trip to another school to use my dads season ticket just to be up there).  Told him camps and spring football will be his chance to shine.  Kellen is a 6'7" kid that should have no problems due to his size and athleticism.  Our other kid is a 6'6" DE (opposite Kellen) that also gets some time at rcvr and plays basketball.  He is another one with multiple offers (and one from Arkansas as well I think). 
All 3 of them will be playing on Saturdays somewhere-as will several other kids on the team-just no idea where or at what level. 

hawgwash

Quote from: OGR69 on February 28, 2015, 02:05:20 pm
We have 3 kids on the team being recruited.  2 of them real heavy.  Unfortunately my son is the one waiting for offers-no big deal-his time will come, but unlike the other 2 he is not 6'6" or taller.  His dream is Arkansas and he has talked with CSP.  He started at center as a soph, but was moved to tackle last year due to injuries.  Coaches have told him due to size (6'2"/275#-and kept him at 275 for now due to power lifting-will have no problem putting on the next 15-20 pounds of good wt) they want to see film of him at center-other than his soph film. That is one reason we are hoping Kellen moves to OT this year-would allow my son to move back to center. Has quite a few P5 schools looking at him, but no offers yet.  Arkansas is his dream school-been going to camps up there for 6 years and we go to 3-4 games a year (even passed up a trip to another school to use my dads season ticket just to be up there).  Told him camps and spring football will be his chance to shine.  Kellen is a 6'7" kid that should have no problems due to his size and athleticism.  Our other kid is a 6'6" DE (opposite Kellen) that also gets some time at rcvr and plays basketball.  He is another one with multiple offers (and one from Arkansas as well I think). 
All 3 of them will be playing on Saturdays somewhere-as will several other kids on the team-just no idea where or at what level. 
OGR, best of luck to your son.  I hope he can get a Hog offer.  If you don't mind discussing it, might I ask your impressions as a parent of Sam Pittman as a recruiter?

Muskliketusk

Diesch named a top three of Baylor OU and Tennessee with the first two standing out. Sorry that hurt a bunch of feelings. Texas? Lol, great info.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Birminghog

Good luck, OGR. I remember teaching the Trophy Club kids when I was at Northwest HS 1980-82. That was way before Byron Nelson, Argyle, or any of those. Northwest was a AAA school with a not very good football team, a few years before that area blew up. Looks like I sold my house in Justin a few years too early.

OGR69

@hawgwash-I have only had 2 discussions with CSP-both of them on the hill.  During those conversations he was a no BS kind of guy.  Honest and straight forward.  Told my son to his face he was on the shorter side of what he is looking for, but if he could grow (and he did) and came back to camp and do as good as he did last year-they would talk.  Fair enough for me.  He also had some one-on-one talks with my son at camp, at a school visit and thru phone calls.  Coach Mataeos (sp) is going to be a great coach in the future as well.  Both are old school-and my kid LOVES that-always has.  Having a coach getting in his face and giving him whatfor gives  him a smile.
@Birminghog-we seem to have traded places.  I grew up in Birmingham-what part do you live in?  TC and NW are getting bigger-even starting a 3rd HS here next year.  People are moving out here, but it hurts sports wise as we don't have the size or depth as schools like Denton Guyer, Southlake or Allen.  Hold our own against the Keller schools and the other Denton schools though.

hawgwash

Quote from: OGR69 on February 28, 2015, 04:45:35 pm
@hawgwash-I have only had 2 discussions with CSP-both of them on the hill.  During those conversations he was a no BS kind of guy.  Honest and straight forward.  Told my son to his face he was on the shorter side of what he is looking for, but if he could grow (and he did) and came back to camp and do as good as he did last year-they would talk.  Fair enough for me.  He also had some one-on-one talks with my son at camp, at a school visit and thru phone calls.  Coach Mataeos (sp) is going to be a great coach in the future as well.  Both are old school-and my kid LOVES that-always has.  Having a coach getting in his face and giving him whatfor gives  him a smile.
@Birminghog-we seem to have traded places.  I grew up in Birmingham-what part do you live in?  TC and NW are getting bigger-even starting a 3rd HS here next year.  People are moving out here, but it hurts sports wise as we don't have the size or depth as schools like Denton Guyer, Southlake or Allen.  Hold our own against the Keller schools and the other Denton schools though.
Thanks so much for the insights OGR.  We don't often get a chance to hear from someone with the perspective you would have.  +1 and best of luck to your son!

JIHawg

Always great to have posters who are close to the situation.  I hope your son gets a good offer, and, if it's Arkansas, great!

OGR69

JIHawg-thanks, but to be honest-any offer is a good offer.  He just wants to play at the next level and get his education paid for.  Now that does not mean he is going to settle for just any offer-and continues to bust his butt for the dream offer-but like he has been told-it is not the talent keeping him from the offers, it is his size.  6'4 or better and he has a dozen.  He refuses to be outworked or out hustled-he just gets out sized.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OGR69

I should clarify something.  When I say that Baylor and OU are Kellen's top 2 that is because his family have always been OU fans and he has liked Baylor for years.  That does not mean that Arkansas will not move up the list the more he learns about them.  I talked to Kellen and his dad after the NIU game.  They loved the campus, facilities and coaches.  When CSP was here to visit with the players Kellen really liked him (of course my kid loved him).  I by no means wanted to imply it was Baylor or OU only-just that at this stage-as early as it is-OU and Baylor are on top of his list simply because Arkansas is fairly new to him.  Hell I hope he and my son both end up there-a guy can dream right?