Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jovan Pruitt

Started by whosiskid, February 26, 2015, 11:56:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

Unless my math is way off, won't Jovan Pruitt be eligible to join the 2016 class?

For those who don't recall, he was a solid offensive line commit, but fell just short on academics and had to go to juco. I don't know if we have moved on or if we are still on top of him.

Anyone hear anything? He'd be a nice pick up for the line.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

PorkRinds

I think it depends on a few things.  If we can get high school players that are better or as good, we should.  Then we can redshirt them and fit them into our program instead of depending on a JUCO for his development.  If we have some holes in the line, and no younger guys to fill them, he may be a good option.

Peter Porker

I heard that ship has sailed and we have moved on.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hawg1221

Not to be mean, but when they offered Javon (and I am aware he had some really good offers), CBB and staff was scrambling for quality recruits (and he is). However, since that time Coach Pittman has raise the quality of OL talent so much that I think they think they can get better. And yes 4 years is better than 2 years.

ricepig

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 26, 2015, 01:06:25 pm
Not to be mean, but when they offered Javon (and I am aware he had some really good offers), CBB and staff was scrambling for quality recruits (and he is). However, since that time Coach Pittman has raise the quality of OL talent so much that I think they think they can get better. And yes 4 years is better than 2 years.

I don't have any idea on their thoughts on him, but he'll have 3 years to play 3, he redshirted at Trinity last year.

redeye

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 26, 2015, 12:27:06 pm
I heard that ship has sailed and we have moved on.

Yep.  Richard has mentioned this a few times in comments.

Großer Kriegschwein

I've discussed this with him via a message board a few months back. The gist was that with JC players you don't get your hopes up until they are ready to enroll.

Its a wait and see game, but don't burn too much energy thinking about it.
This is my non-signature signature.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: hawg1221 on February 26, 2015, 01:06:25 pm
IDK. 2 years of Sebastian Tretola looks pretty good to me.