Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We've offered TJ Hammonds

Started by whosiskid, February 26, 2015, 08:38:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

whosiskid

Just saw that Bielema called TJ and offered him a free ride at Arkansas.

I couldn't be happier. I personally think he might be the best offensive player in the state this year. I think he has a broader skill set than Crockett and is very nearly as fast as Jordan Jones, with better running ability. I haven't been able to decide if he is a WR or running back.

Check his HUDL highlight reel here:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/highlights/160102375/v2
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

wholehog92

I love the offer.  I think his best potential is at corner though.  He's an awesome athlete and will be an asset wherever he plays on the field.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Steef

Video looks great. Thanks for the post, who.

PaintballHog

Can't believe he isn't ranked, on 247 it says he visited Bama a few days back. Seems like a great talent.

Hoggish1

Quote from: whosiskid on February 26, 2015, 08:38:27 am
Just saw that Bielema called TJ and offered him a free ride at Arkansas.

I couldn't be happier. I personally think he might be the best offensive player in the state this year. I think he has a broader skill set than Crockett and is very nearly as fast as Jordan Jones, with better running ability. I haven't been able to decide if he is a WR or running back.

Check his HUDL highlight reel here:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1905248/highlights/160102375/v2

Very impressive.  Should be a nightmare on the wheel route.

Scott7703

TJ is an absolute stud with the ball in his hands. He has the big play speed you can never have to much of. I'll be shocked if he isn't a hog.

The great part about him is his ability to play and of mulitiple things. He can play rb, wr, and be a return man.

whosiskid

He is not going to be a cornerback and why would you want a guy with his kind of big play potential there? Besides, Bielema made it clear, according to Hammond, that Enos as the guy who would determine where he would play. The positions TJ reported them talking about was running back, wide receiver, slot receiver, and so forth, along with the return game.

I really think he'll end up lining up approximately where Felix Jones did when Darren was lined up as the tailback or as Wild Hog QB. I think you want to utilize his running ability as well as his receiving potential. Of the two receivers, Jordan Jones would be more of a deep threat, stretching the field, while TJ would get short passes that he'd have a shot at breaking, though if the 4.42 is legit he definitely could run deep as well.

But he definitely is going to play on defense. Arkansas is recruiting him as an Athlete, but that just means they haven't decided whether to make him a running back or WR.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

online-with-swine

Looks like he carries the ball away from his body.  Does he have very many fumbles?  Otherwise, he looks elusive and quick as all get out.

Wildhog

We should be getting some great speed in this class.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Youngsta71701

Looks like he can be an all-purpose back, a slot receiver, and a return guy.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 26, 2015, 11:34:32 am
Looks like he can be an all-purpose back, a slot receiver, and a return guy.
Would be a very good get. A player with so many good skill sets in various areas is NEVER a bad thing to have. Let's hope he decides to call the Hogs and bring his talents to the Hill.

mhuff

FBREW000

Quote from: whosiskid on February 26, 2015, 09:51:48 am
He is not going to be a cornerback and why would you want a guy with his kind of big play potential there? Besides, Bielema made it clear, according to Hammond, that Enos as the guy who would determine where he would play. The positions TJ reported them talking about was running back, wide receiver, slot receiver, and so forth, along with the return game.

I really think he'll end up lining up approximately where Felix Jones did when Darren was lined up as the tailback or as Wild Hog QB. I think you want to utilize his running ability as well as his receiving potential. Of the two receivers, Jordan Jones would be more of a deep threat, stretching the field, while TJ would get short passes that he'd have a shot at breaking, though if the 4.42 is legit he definitely could run deep as well.

But he definitely is going to play on defense. Arkansas is recruiting him as an Athlete, but that just means they haven't decided whether to make him a running back or WR.

DEFENSE?  am I confused by your last paragraph...

whosiskid

Several people have said he is a big Razorback fan. He is going to junior day in March and I really do think he'll commit at that time.

About the way he carries the ball, I worry about that also. The only real concern I have about him is that he doesn't seem to protect the ball. He averaged around 20 yards a carry running from scrimmage (about the same as his pass reception average) so I guess they cut him some slack on that in high school, but if he carried the ball like that int he SEC he'd lead the nation in fumbles. But the new running back coach has ball protection as one of his strengths, so I'm sure they will fix a problem like that.

I also like that he posted his ACT and reading score on his highlight reel. Sounds like he will give no worries in that regard.

bigdaddyhawg

It's about freaking time!!

I can't believe BB waited this long.  It's a disgrace that in state kids don't get offered quicker.  Heck most of these kids have already been offered by other programs.

And while you're at it why don't you offer the other kids in the state who we want you to offer??

Come on guys, get with the program.

/sarcasm off
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

JaxFlaRazorback

I'm thinking I'm watching Felix Jones.

younghog

GO HOGS

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 26, 2015, 12:09:34 pm
It's about freaking time!!

I can't believe BB waited this long.  It's a disgrace that in state kids don't get offered quicker.  Heck most of these kids have already been offered by other programs.

And while you're at it why don't you offer the other kids in the state who we want you to offer??

Come on guys, get with the program.

/sarcasm off

Lol I literally put my drink down, and was thinking "Im about to light this @$$#@!& up!! Well played sir.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

wholehog92

Quote from: FBREW000 on February 26, 2015, 11:49:55 am
DEFENSE?  am I confused by your last paragraph...

He's upset because I have an opinion different than him.  He's a great with the ball in his hands.  There's no doubting that.  I also think he will play offense for the Hogs.  I still think his size athleticism and ball skills would be put to better use as a corner.  That got him worked up enough to make an error on the post.  He intended to type offense.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: JaxFlaRazorback on February 26, 2015, 12:16:45 pm

Reminded me more of Joe Adams and his punt return against TN. He would have averaged more than 20 ypc if the field was longer. Sure hope he is a Hog.

LJHOG

He doesn't protect the ball because he doesn't have to when he isn't getting hit.
His film looks good.  But, don't forget to factor in the level of competition.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: LJHOG on February 27, 2015, 10:16:09 am
He doesn't protect the ball because he doesn't have to when he isn't getting hit.
His film looks good.  But, don't forget to factor in the level of competition.

Didn't Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, Greg Childs, and Chris Gragg play in the 4A? I think they turned out pretty good. It doesn't matter what classification you play in. If you can play you can play. If you can't you can't and you will be exposed.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hoginsavga

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 27, 2015, 02:44:12 pm
Didn't Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, Greg Childs, and Chris Gragg play in the 4A? I think they turned out pretty good. It doesn't matter what classification you play in. If you can play you can play. If you can't you can't and you will be exposed.

And you can include Herschel Walker in that mix who was 2A in Georgia. There were questions about him against SEC competition coming out of high school. I noticed Hammonds dusted some defensive backs much like Walker did when they had the angle on him. Not saying he is another Walker but I like his style.

mhuff

Quote from: whosiskid on February 26, 2015, 11:55:03 am
Several people have said he is a big Razorback fan. He is going to junior day in March and I really do think he'll commit at that time.

About the way he carries the ball, I worry about that also. The only real concern I have about him is that he doesn't seem to protect the ball. He averaged around 20 yards a carry running from scrimmage (about the same as his pass reception average) so I guess they cut him some slack on that in high school, but if he carried the ball like that int he SEC he'd lead the nation in fumbles. But the new running back coach has ball protection as one of his strengths, so I'm sure they will fix a problem like that.

I also like that he posted his ACT and reading score on his highlight reel. Sounds like he will give no worries in that regard.

Good to see you posting again

jseinfeld50

Quote from: Hoginsavga on February 27, 2015, 03:58:04 pm
And you can include Herschel Walker in that mix who was 2A in Georgia. There were questions about him against SEC competition coming out of high school.

I agree if you can't play then you will be exposed. Many people thought Linnie Patrick (4A Walker High Jasper AL) was the better back in 79. Patrick went to Bama and he ended up with about 1,500 yds in 4 years and Herschel had more than that in his freshman year alone.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on February 27, 2015, 04:44:53 pm
I agree if you can't play then you will be exposed. Many people thought Linnie Patrick (4A Walker High Jasper AL) was the better back in 79. Patrick went to Bama and he ended up with about 1,500 yds in 4 years and Herschel had more than that in his freshman year alone.

I don't remember Linnie that well but I am constantly reminded of Herschel since my wife was attending UGA in 1980 while he was there and they won the NC. I have to admit GA is my second favorite SEC team.  Attending the game in Little Rock this year was not pleasant for one of us lol.

hawgwild child

This guy reminds me more of percy harvin with his ability to play multiple positions

reddogjcss

rlamb

To me its not that important when you offer a kid.. What important does he accept the offer.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: rlamb on March 05, 2015, 03:28:07 pm
To me its not that important when you offer a kid.. What important does he accept the offer.

He cant accept if he hasn't been offered

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: rlamb on March 05, 2015, 03:28:07 pm

There are kids, one here and one there, who are very much affected by when they get the offer.

May not be a deal with most kids, but I'm sure our coaching staff makes these offers as early as they feel they can.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

whosiskid

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on March 05, 2015, 04:02:38 pm
There are kids, one here and one there, who are very much affected by when they get the offer.

May not be a deal with most kids, but I'm sure our coaching staff makes these offers as early as they feel they can.

I think you are quite right. An example was KJ Hill. In the summer before his junior year he talked several times about being a Razorback, but after the game, when he played with a muscle strain, he didn't get an offer. I think that really hurt him. It was at that precise moment he started listening to other schools, whereas before he was exclusively focused on Arkansas. Now, kids shouldn't be that fragile - Pettway seemed bothered that Arkansas didn't offer him earlier, but he got over it - but for some reason they are.

I'm glad we offered Hammonds when we did because his recruitment is really blowing up. Seems like he gets another Division One offer every couple of days. He is the one kid in the state where there is a huge disconnect with his rating (a lot 3 star) and the kinds of offers he is getting. At some point I expect him to get a big boost up to close to a four star.

Crockett's recruitment is really taking off as well. I wonder if we offer him soon.

daprospecta

I really like the kid's vision.  It's as if I was watching and thinking "He should cut there" and he did.  I think vision is important for a back especially in CBB's system where most of the carries will be between the tackles.

PaintballHog

Georgia has offered him also. Seems to be taking off.

ifghog

Quote from: PaintballHog on April 10, 2015, 06:32:25 am
Georgia has offered him also. Seems to be taking off.
Now lets hope the Bama offer doesn't come. We beat out most schools except them. I know we do sometimes but that is the only offer that really scares me.

The_Boot_stops_here

OU also showing strong interest according to RD. Was hoping for a commitment this weekend when he visits with his parents but it sounds like he is going to wait. Said he wants to watch a few games first. I dont get that but its his decision so whatever...

PaintballHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 10, 2015, 09:37:04 am
OU also showing strong interest according to RD. Was hoping for a commitment this weekend when he visits with his parents but it sounds like he is going to wait. Said he wants to watch a few games first. I dont get that but its his decision so whatever...

If I were to speculate, I think we've(Enos) has told him he would be a sort of xfactor player for screens, sweeps, slot wr, wildhot, and all that good stuff. I would imagine he wants to see it in action first to see if it's true we're incorporating that into our offense.

Or I could be completely wrong. Just a guess.

navyhog24

I'd rather him wait than pull a KJ Hill

Vantage 8 dude

Very well could be, at least in part, he'd like to see how the overall changed offensive scheme(s) under Enos progress this fall. Under the circumstances it likely isn't a bad move (at least on his part). Rather be certain rather than have to backtrack on your commitment.

lumphog

Quote from: JaxFlaRazorback on February 26, 2015, 12:16:45 pm
FLASHBACKS!!!!! TJ & D White the 2nd coming

whosiskid

I have zero worry about TJ going elsewhere. He has gone on record as being a Razorback fan. We never lose those kids unless we have a know-it-all and controlling parent (a la KJ Hill). I think he'll commit to us the next time we get him on campus, maybe not while he is on the hill, but a day or two later after he talks with his parents.

lumphog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on February 26, 2015, 01:16:20 pm

Lol I literally put my drink down, and was thinking "Im about to light this @$$#@!& up!! Well played sir.
ME TOO........Well played Big Daddy  ;)

whosiskid

Quote from: whosiskid on April 10, 2015, 11:36:55 am
I have zero worry about TJ going elsewhere. He has gone on record as being a Razorback fan. We never lose those kids unless we have a know-it-all and controlling parent (a la KJ Hill). I think he'll commit to us the next time we get him on campus, maybe not while he is on the hill, but a day or two later after he talks with his parents.

Just saying  ;D