Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Missouri Poster seems to think Kapita won't make it to campus

Started by intelligence, February 19, 2015, 10:16:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

intelligence

http://tigerboard.com/boards/view.php?message=12675270

Sounds like butthurt to me, but is there any legs to this rumor? Anyone heard of any eligibility/qualifying questions with Kapita?

Edit: classy bunch over there at the shite hole. From racist remarks about MA to allegations of our players being on coke. No wonder mizzouman posts here. the crazies are lose over there.

razorsharp94

Swinesong1

I read/an article dated 01/14 that said he had "close" to a 3.0 GPA and was taking the ACT in March 2014.  He did say he and math don't get along. 

Hogimus Prime

I really doubt Kapita would've been offered if there were any academic issues.

AugustaHog

opineonswine

Someone said it was one of their "recruiting gurus" that was spreading that.

Which is where this thread should be...recruiting.

Hog_Swanson

"Qualls has a punchable face." - Yes, the crazies are out over there.  Geese. ???
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Not buying it from Mizzou fans. The worst.
They hate us. If Kapita had chosen Mizzou, there's no way those idiots would be claiming that.

hoghiker

Seebs

I clicked the link and went back in time to a 1998 message board.  Thank you Lanny for what you have provided us today - we take it for granted.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

OKC

Quote from: Seebs on February 19, 2015, 11:11:24 am
I clicked the link and went back in time to a 1998 message board.  Thank you Lanny for what you have provided us today - we take it for granted.
I was lost for a couple of minutes trying to navigate the messages...I guess we are spoiled :)

HOGINTENNESSEE

If this was true why would Mizz be paying for an official visit just 2 months ago?

I doubt much could have changed grade wise since then.

trashcan maN

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 19, 2015, 10:33:50 am
I read/an article dated 01/14 that said he had "close" to a 3.0 GPA and was taking the ACT in March 2014.  He did say he and math don't get along. 

His supposed issues stem from whether or not he is eligible due to possibly playing semi pro ball overseas. Not a grades issue.

opineonswine

Quote from: trashcan maN on February 19, 2015, 11:34:05 am
His supposed issues stem from whether or not he is eligible due to possibly playing semi pro ball overseas. Not a grades issue.
The Missouri recruiting "expert" said it was grades.

The_Iceman

Considering they currently have the #72 recruiting class and 13th in the SEC, I'm gonna chalk this up to being butthurt and jealous of our #18 ranking in the country and #23 ranked class with only 2 players.

TXrazorback

Quote from: intelligence on February 19, 2015, 10:16:56 am

Sounds like butthurt to me, but is there any legs to this rumor? Anyone heard of any eligibility/qualifying questions with Kapita?

Edit: classy bunch over there at the shite hole. From racist remarks about MA to allegations of our players being on coke. No wonder mizzouman posts here. the crazies are lose over there.

One thing that I have learned is to take message boards with a grain of salt.  If I were to see Richard D. post something about it or write and article, that might be something I would pay attention to. 
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

volkh

That board makes me want to remove my eyes with a spork.
"Son, it's not how you play the game, but how drunk you get."

-Homer J. Simpson

Choctaw Hog

You have to put things in perspective with Missouri fans.  They hate the fact that they are a stepping-stone program and they try to minimize anything they can towards the destination schools like Arkansas. It's called jealousy. 

When Arkansas wants a Missouri coach, we go hire him and I submit to you Frank Broyles and Mike Anderson as examples. Missouri, on the other hand, could never attract a top coach from any destination-type team. That's just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future.     

poloprince

He would have never been brought in for an official visit had there been eligbility issues.
$PoLoPrInCe$

intelligence

Quote from: opineonswine on February 19, 2015, 10:57:16 am
Someone said it was one of their "recruiting gurus" that was spreading that.

Which is where this thread should be...recruiting.
My bad

Dropkick

poloprince

I'm still waiting on all the ineligible players Dana Altman was speaking of.
$PoLoPrInCe$

MikePiazza

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on February 19, 2015, 12:11:12 pm
You have to put things in perspective with Missouri fans.  They hate the fact that they are a stepping-stone program and they try to minimize anything they can towards the destination schools like Arkansas. It's called jealousy. 

When Arkansas wants a Missouri coach, we go hire him and I submit to you Frank Broyles and Mike Anderson as examples. Missouri, on the other hand, could never attract a top coach from any destination-type team. That's just the way it is and will be for the foreseeable future.   

Of their two best coaches (Norm Stewart and Gary Pinkel), one is an alum and the other came from Toledo.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

ricepig

Quote from: poloprince on February 19, 2015, 12:13:51 pm
He would have never been brought in for an official visit had there been eligbility issues.

Crawford is reportedly to have said it on Drive Time, I don't know the validity of him saying it, or whether there's any truth to it. I'm in the camp that we wouldn't have kept pursuing him, if there was any issue.

The_Iceman

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2015, 01:01:58 pm
Crawford is reportedly to have said it on Drive Time, I don't know the validity of him saying it, or whether there's any truth to it. I'm in the camp that we wouldn't have kept pursuing him, if there was any issue.

If said he has eligibility issues, then I'm more included to bet the kid is a 4.0 student.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 19, 2015, 01:20:04 pm
If said he has eligibility issues, then I'm more included to bet the kid is a 4.0 student.
Yeah, if he was a Wing, he'd be a Phi Beta Kappa.

HappyFan

That message board gives me diarrhea just trying to navigate it. 

mhuff

Intelligence, I think you meant to say that the crazies are loose over there , or was it losers over there. This guy gives no evidence of knowing anything. He runs his mouth about things he knows nothing about. They are on every board. At least he could have said his girlfriend's friend's mother - in - law's boyfriend who is her cousin told him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on February 19, 2015, 01:27:43 pm
Yeah, if he was a Wing, he'd be a Phi Beta Kappa.

I don't think many people will get what you are saying here but I do!  And you are 100% correct

whosiskid

This might be a case of displacement, where they are r u more mongering less because there is evidence that Kapita really has grade issues - if he did such knowledge would not have shown up FIRST one the Missouri fan board - but because we snagged the number one recruit in their state,  Jimmy Whitt.  They can only make up crappy "news"  stories in response.

I have no trouble thinking Kapita won't make it to campus IF AND WHEN we hear it from a more reliable source.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

hawginbigd1

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 19, 2015, 02:31:05 pm
I don't think many people will get what you are saying here but I do!  And you are 100% correct
Guy sure takes a lot of crap on HV to be responsible for one of the oldest and most successful AAU programs in the country.

LRrazorback

tbhogfan

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on February 19, 2015, 11:01:59 am
"Qualls has a punchable face." - Yes, the crazies are out over there.  Geese. ???
Nothing brings out the "Internet Tough Guys" like a long losing streak.  :)
Go Hogs!

Piggage

Quote from: tbhogfan on February 19, 2015, 03:52:23 pm
Nothing brings out the "Internet Tough Guys" like a long losing streak.  :)

Right. Missouri loves company...I think that's how the saying goes.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on February 19, 2015, 03:16:17 pm
Guy sure takes a lot of crap on HV to be responsible for one of the oldest and most successful AAU programs in the country.

He makes a living off pimping kids and families that don't know much better.  These tend to be "handlers" and I don't like them.  They have agendas and those agendas are extremely fluid

FATHAWG08

Folks, Tiger Board should make us all feel lucky about Hogville.Thanks Lanny & the rest of the Crew!
I love off season Football!!

zane

RIP LSUfan

26.2Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 19, 2015, 06:28:55 pm
He makes a living off pimping kids and families that don't know much better.  These tend to be "handlers" and I don't like them.  They have agendas and those agendas are extremely fluid

This is the same guy who once said that Pat Bradley was not good enough to ever see playing time for the Hogs.  This is also the same guy who was fired after a short stint as the Razorbacks TV color analyst, because he kept making very disparaging remarks about the Hogs on the air.

onebadrubi

Quote from: 26.2Hog on February 19, 2015, 07:17:00 pm
This is the same guy who once said that Pat Bradley was not good enough to ever see playing time for the Hogs.  This is also the same guy who was fired after a short stint as the Razorbacks TV color analyst, because he kept making very disparaging remarks about the Hogs on the air.

He's an idiot.  The guy will still to this day defend our decision on mickelson, won't give any of the blame to hunter. 

He unfortunately can't speak with out pushing an agenda

runich

Oh my goodness. ...how do people read that crap? !?....Why are there still message boards like this?   They are just painful!   Thank you Hogville!!!!

redswarmrising

Quote from: runich on February 20, 2015, 12:51:40 am
Oh my goodness. ...how do people read that crap? !?....Why are there still message boards like this?   They are just painful!   Thank you Hogville!!!!

because they're all on meth and don't realize there's a better way of creating a message board...

Hawg Red

I'm operating under the assumption that we wouls have not continued to pursue if there was any real possibility of him not making it. Mike's done too much work to make a gamble like that at this juncture. Maybe in a few years we can roll the dice, but not righr now.

lefty08

Go to their football page. Its hilarious, all their talk is about big 12 football. They are such an awkward fit in our league
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Porcius Magnus

I suffer through a lot annoyances throughout the day. I know I can avoid one more by NOT clicking a link to the Missouri message board.

Hawgvillain

They said the exact same thing about BJ Young. I wouldn't worry about it.

razorback44

Show me a fanbase that doesn't make up some sort of excuse about why they lost out on a recruit. No one ever gets beat out straight up according to message board posters. Mizzou folks are guilty in this situation.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

yraciv

Sounds like butt hurt to me.  It's ok Mizzou! I'd be angry to if I got beat out by a conference rival for a big time post and a player from the same town as my school.

mhuff

Anybody know why we are not on the Porter kid outa Columbia, Mo. I think.    5*

wholehog92

They were nasty to Ronnie Wingo when he came here too.  Meth does terrible things to a brain.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Hogsfan1981